C C Ryder

Thread: C C Ryder

Tags: None
  1. General James Longstreet said:

Default C C Ryder

I have heard many things about this song, bottom line is it talkin about c c Ryder historically or sexually? I really need to know and i have heard many discussions on it wanna hear more thanks!
  2. mohanas said:
  3. General James Longstreet said:

the link only brought me to google...nonthin else, thanks
  4. General James Longstreet said:

ah what linnkn i wanna know? thanks
  5. LeroySmith said:

Default C. C. Rider (Better known as See See Rider)

The term "See See Rider" is usually taken as synonymous with "easy rider". In particular, in blues songs it often refers to a woman who had liberal sexual views, had been married more than once, or was skilled at sex. Although Ma Rainey's version seems on the face of it to refer to "See See Rider" as a man, one theory is that the term refers to a prostitute, and in the lyric "You made me love you, now your man done come", "your man" refers to the woman's pimp. So, rather than being directed to a male "easy rider", the song is in fact an admonition to a prostitute to give up her evil ways.

There are further theories:

"Easy rider" was sometimes used to refer to the partner of a hypersexual woman who therefore does not have to work or pay for sex.
    Another incorrect theory is that the term "easy rider" sometimes originally referred to the guitar hung across the back of a travelling blues singer.
    Other confused sources indicate that 'C.C. Rider' refers to early 'Country Circuit' Riding Preachers who traveled on horseback into many towns that were without formal churches at the time.
    The Grateful Dead often played the songs "China Cat Sunflower" and "I Know You Rider" in succession, but this combination was referred to as "China<Rider" amongst Grateful Dead fans. The setlist entry "C.C. Rider" refers to the Grateful Dead's version of "C.C. Rider", performed by Bob Weir