Chatting In Hebrew

Thread: Chatting In Hebrew

Tags: None
  1. elinor said:

Wow this is so wonderful I agree with you algebra Thank you layla and I have to thank all the admins and moderators, you are so wonderful all of you
    Kol Ha-kavod!

2. angelina.k said:

Hebrew is an absolutely beautiful language! I'd love to learn it someday to have an opportunity to speak it!

3. elinor said:

Quote Originally Posted by angelina.k View Post
    Hebrew is an absolutely beautiful language! I'd love to learn it someday to have an opportunity to speak it!
    baruch haba Angelina!

4. elinor said:

עכשיב אני רוצה ליכתוב ביברית
    אני כותבת נכון?

תוגה חברים

sushiko said:

Hell Elinor you are writing in עברית very good well done -- just notice the spelling I think you know this has aiin NOT yud in beginning- yes עברית ok
    well done you are making progress to be writing in Ivrit

Ze mamash lo kal - it's a very big challenge -- so even a few words a day are fine!! can I just say the best way to learn is also to actually read -- If you can it will make you more familiar with the words -- spelling -- I always confuse for example -- ה and א for example and also ח and כ

when in doubt -- use כ because it is often more common!! unless the sound is very strong then it is ח -- ok kol hakavod

ve gam Baruch Ha'Baa "Welcome" to Angelina -- it's always nice to hear
    about other people who like the language -- out of all the languages in the world -- it is a big compliment --

6. elinor said:

סושיקו

שלום חביבי
    תודה מאד של תגובה שלך
    כן עברית לא יברית
    ה ה ה ה
    סושיקו מה אני קרה?
    שירים הם טובים ליקרות?

I hope I made sense, G-d it is so hard to write because one is so unsure if the dictation is correct, but oh, that feels so Good!

Ata hamore shelanu achshav ata ozer harbe

shomata et ze shir she omer: " ad chatsi malchoot avi , kol she im tirtsi, kol she bevakshi, ad chatsi malchoot lachavi"

Ani lo ra'iti et ha shir haze be internet ( be ketuva)

Ulai zamer she hashir hu Yaov ithik, Ulai hu Itsik kala,

Toda shel kol she dabarta
    Elinor

7. elinor said:

Yom Huledet Sameach Ysrael

sushiko said:

It was very nice here this time of year
    very emotional -- the day before -- because it is always Memorial Day
    one day before --

Toda Raba Elinor -- Ani be'emet lo kotev harb'e ani mitztaer....
    aval Ani ishtadel yoter -- I will make and effort more--

really i've been learning Greek -- it is amazing

ok layla tov..
    Eli

9. elinor said:

Quote Originally Posted by sushiko View Post
    It was very nice here this time of year
    very emotional -- the day before -- because it is always Memorial Day
    one day before --

Toda Raba Elinor -- Ani be'emet lo kotev harb'e ani mitztaer....
    aval Ani ishtadel yoter -- I will make and effort more--

really i've been learning Greek -- it is amazing

ok layla tov..
    Eli
    Shalom Sushiko Ani yoda'at " Yom Ha-Zikaron", I guess Zikaron comes from remembrance, right?

Because of this song: Ani zocher otach...eynaich chalomot..

You know, I learn the wrods from the songs.

Sushiko, toda shel t'gou'a shelcha, ze lo chashuv im ata lo katavti me'maher, I will wait ( how can I say that in Herew?

gam toda lecha

Elinor

10. rose4576 said:

elinor, is this that you asked me about?
    http://www.mako.co.il/external-youtube&Partner=toolbar

11. elinor said:

Shalom dear Rose, is this the youtube downloader? I am trying to reach the address )

12. elinor said:

Shalom dear Rose, is this the youtube downloader? I am trying to reach the address )

ok,, it is filtered here I need much better connection to use my proxies... see, that's why I can only read the text mami Toda meod chavera sheli at maxima

13. elinor said:

שבוע טוב לכולם!
    אני כתבתי רק בעברית
    זה קשה באמת
    אבל זה נחמד

חיבוקים ונשיקות מאירן
    אלינר בת נח

sushiko said:

Default at madhima :0

kol hakavod Elinor
    Ze mamash nechmad lir'ot ot'ach kot'evet ka'cha be'ivrit!!
    Mad'him *Amazing/wonderful

I am really trying so much to study Greek and it is very difficult...

Ivrit me'od kash'a le'daati (in my opinion) ani kol kach Ma'arich et ha'maamatz she'lach....
    and I appreciat your effort -- ve gam et ha'itkadmout shelach -- and youd advance.

Well done EliNor

Here in Israel was LaG B'aOmer -- so there was plenty of bonfires --
    luckily it rained on Sunday morning - so all the smoke came down and
    also some fires blown out!! Otherwise....

Ha'ashan Mach'nik -- the smoke is suffocating!!

take care yourself....

Eli *NOR

15. elinor said:

Shalom Shushiko
    Toda medo shel kol she'ata katavta. Ani margisha smecha meod achshav

Oh, ani karti al " Lag BaOmer" ve shavuot Ani ohevet Et HaEsh, Esh kmo chaim, cham ve yaffe ken yesh ha'ashan le'esh, aval ze lo chashuv meod biclal yesh lechol pashiut tov, pashut ra' ha'ashan romanti!

reshem yored, ve ba hakeset.

Well, I guess this word" Ha'itkadmout" which means advancements or something like that is from the same roots as " kadima". Because when I was reading long back about the formation of the party, I understood that meant to go forward. I like the way Hebrew words are related to one another, and if I get the system in my head, I guess it gets easier to produce words from the same roots.
    How you say Greek in Hebrew? I am trying to read what babylon is reflecting: yovon?
    Well, I guess at least because of " Zorba the Greek" I would love to learn their language too, and because of all these very good looking people I see demonstrating down the roads, I guess there is a problem with their country and they are rightfully saying" it was us who exported the democracy to the remotests lands of the earth now it is your turn to do something when we are in trouble". I wish was a fairy and would fly to their land and fix all the problems there and come back, on the way back stop there where you are to have some falafel with tehina and pack the rest to take back home

To learn the Greek alphabet is demanding so was the Hebrew alphabet, it took me sometime to learn how to write copying out the dictionary, and trying to grasp the handwritten form which I had a friend write it down for me ba'hudu, and I just had them, it takes some time to get use to the very diverse form of the printed and the handwritten form of the letters, somehow I have managed to do that, I wish the handwritten form as well had a font on the pcs as well so one could type in that form as well, since it is cute

Thank you so much for your very encouraging words shushiko,
    Shalom

sushiko said:

I think you're onto something there with the hebrew writing
    Here we say 'start up' whis is actually an English term -- it comes from
    the concept of the computer IT age - which they refer to here as HI TECH
    basically you have an idea that will make millions --
    I think it would be so cute to be able to write in script -- as you said it looks more appealing to the eye --

Yes I agree about the Greeks -- they are very handsom -- if I may say so....
    there is a very nice amazing to say the least singer that you will love I am sure, his name is Mixalis Xatzigiannis -- he is absolutely amazing you will be totally hooked if you hear even one song --
    try one of my many favourites -- Horis Anapnoi or an den koitazo esena or xeria psilia there are just so many -- these are actually the very rythmic songs he also has slow songs if you like - very beautiful too de fevgo and na eisai ekei
    I really don't have a greek keyboard I've yet to master the alphabet they also have script and capitals -- but as with english they're able to type using the keyboard both capitals and script -- the way I write greek is called Greeklish it is Greek writing with latin/english letters -- anyway it's still good i suppose

Politics really I don't have time -- but I hear a little bit -- sorry I know there are problems all over the world inc. here and also where you are.... but also I think the media blows everything out of proportion -- and people sometimes panic or make wrong judgement about things --

I hope you are well -- your observation is very correct about hitkadmot advance and kadima -- forward --- with respect to Greek -- the word that you said was Yavan which means Greece -- Greek also comes from this word but it is said like this "Ye'va'nit" it is funny because for some reason every language when you take the country name and add "it" at the end it makes it into the language -- like for example "Paras and Parsit" and "Sfarad and Sfaradit! spain spanish -- and "Tzarfat and Tzarfatit" France and French -- so that might help you for the future

lovely to hear from you always sorry I didn't write in Hebrew much here today maybe next time any questions always happy to answer
    take care

Eli NOR

17. elinor said:

Shalom Sushiko
    Toda she kol she ata katavta , ata na'aim ( does that mean kind? )
    Acharei she lilmud sheli be;uni ersita, ani ilmad ivrit chazak beyoter Inshalla
    Ok, achshav ani yoda'at ma yavan ve Yavanit peirush Aval, Teiman ve teimanit ou teimani?

Thank you for introducing all these wonderful Greek singers which I will try to search and listen to their accessible songs one by one. The other day, I was watching this movie called" My big fat Greek wedding" and the Greek music I heard was mesmerizing. The music was so good, I was thinking of what you wrote about their music when I was listening to the Greek song played at the end. I was not sure if the Middle Eastern music was an influence on the Greek music or the other way round had happened or the influence had been reciprocal. It was truly appealing to my soul.
    So you agree with me about the Greek people being good looking. So are your youths, I have met them in some tourist destinations, what impressed me about them was their simplicity and their appreciation of life. I felt they enjoyed the tour more than many other people with least of luxury which I find amazing.
    I understand what you say about the politics, ata chacham be;emet but as I feel so dedicated to this " peace plan for the Middle East", I feel I need to be around the politics, though in a truly non-political fashion
    Boker tov ve shalom Sushiko 

sushiko said:

It's my pleasure always

Elinor Be'keff sometimes written keif but the "i" is really silent!
    it means with pleasure and is said quite often -- more informal...
    "ein baad ma" wish means also you're welcome but really more formal "don't mention it" -- I like be'keff it is more youthful

I'm glad you understood the Country-Language "it" Rule!! and since you mentioned about Teiman -- well here is anohter Rule -- as you know
    Teiman is the country and if you add "it" suffix that will make Teimanit the language
    as for Teimani -- well that refers to the person in this case Male who would be from Teiman -- so adding "i" as suffix gives you the male of that counry and adding "ia" suffix gives you the female from the country!!

another Example --
    Tzarfat -- county -- Tzarfatit -- language -- Tzarfati -- Franch man
    and lastly Tzarfatia -- Franch woman

ok that's it for today

Take care Eli NOR
    Last edited by sushiko; 05-05-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo with name!

19. elinor said:

Shalom Sushiko ha-yakar
    Gam Toda lecha million rega'im

Be'keif, my G-d, this word was use, the word " Keif" We use that, suppose when he enjoy something very much we say" Keif Karam" That means I was so much in the state of " Keif". or " Che keif dasht!" that means How pleasing it was.

See, we have much much in common as well Well, When it comes to Teimani, Teimanit is the language the Yemanites use and Teimani is the Yemanite man while Teimania is the yemenite woman. That would make me a Parsia, not a Parsit, right?

Todda Elino shel kol ha-Or

sushiko said:

Shalom lach Elinor metuka
    Ani mitzta'er shachachti Le'ha'ir lach al ha'paam ha'kodemet
    she' katavt li
    Sorry for forgetting to bring to your attention a couple of things regarding
    the last time you wrote me! I actually overlooked it! sorry so here it is:

You said "Toda she kol she ata katavta"
    it would be more correct to say "Toda AL kol ma she katavta"
    and also in this last post -- you said "Gam toda lecha million re'ga'im"
    very sweet -- is it a literal translation from Parsit?? anyway Bechol Zot or Bechol Ofen -- "in any event" or for short "anyway"
    it would be more proper/correct to say - [ze ihi'ye yoter nachon lomar]:
    "Rav todot al ha'tgouva shelcha" many thanks for your response -- you may remember this word t'gouva -- although you don't need to thank me "bechol zot" because it's my pleasure and you're welcome -- so I would say
    "ein ba'ad ma"

Elinor -- also one more thing - you said "ata na'im" and asked if it means kind?
    Well it's sweet what you said thank you -- but really it is meant moreso for a feeling "pleasant" "feels good" like for example if you slept on a comfortable pillow you could say "ze na'im" or "na'im me'od" you may also already know
    that "na'im me'od" is a response that you say "nice to meat you" ok so as for describing a person/character of being pleasand -- well you could say:
    Ata Maksim - from the word kes'sem which means magic so it would be really like saying you are magicall --- but it really is used quite often so say wonderful - amazing - sweet - kind -- etc... It's quite a stong word but it's used quite often as a show of gratitude -- I like to use a more gentle word as I have told you -- Metuka "sweet" but it's just a preferance and what you feel like saying -- whenever --

Also I have seen the movie that you mentioned a very long time ago -- when it just came out -- but sorry I don't remember the song/music I'm sure it was lovely -- although the singer that I refered you to is very modern and quite different from traditional Greek music -- also nice/pleasand you can say also about music that it's "na'im" - I thought the movie was funny also that the father used windex to cure anything!!

ok Elinor layla tov Yes of course you would be Parsia -- and Parsit would be the language -- yes our languages do have similarities here and there as does arabic as well -- lovely -- "Ei'ze keif" -- how pleasand or what fun!!

Eli