How to search??

Thread: How to search??

Tags: None
  1. suan_k74 said:

Default How to search??

Dear me,, I keep searching for songs and dont find it. It is because it is spelled differently than what i have. For example ; Ma Khalas by Samira Said is not listed as Ma Khalas; it is listed as 7alas (or something like that). Can someone give me an idea how to do a search to find what i am looking for please? I do not know arabic. Another song I am looking for is nass el ghiwane-ghir khoudouni (or khodouni). I try looking by artist but even the artisit name is spelled differently. Any help to learn how to search here and find what i need is greatly appreciated.
    Sue

sousou said:

hi sue in fact the songs are not spelt the way they are pronounced. I know it is difficult for someone who does not speak arabic to find his way. furthermore all arabs do not speak the same way (only the literary arabic or fossha is spoken the same)
    anyway anytime you like you can ask for help.
    concerning Nass Elghiwane (or 'Ness' you see what I mean) here is a link to their songs http://www.greatsong.net/NASS-EL-GHIWANE,999947263.html
  3. suan_k74 said:

Thank you but I oculdnt figure a way to translate page into english

Daydream said:

Quote Originally Posted by suan_k74 View Post
    Dear me,, I keep searching for songs and dont find it. It is because it is spelled differently than what i have. For example ; Ma Khalas by Samira Said is not listed as Ma Khalas; it is listed as 7alas (or something like that). Can someone give me an idea how to do a search to find what i am looking for please? I do not know arabic. Another song I am looking for is nass el ghiwane-ghir khoudouni (or khodouni). I try looking by artist but even the artisit name is spelled differently. Any help to learn how to search here and find what i need is greatly appreciated.
    Sue
    well actually Samira Said is Khalas.. 7alas is incorrect unless it was 7'alas with an apostrophe ' because it's the letter KHa not Ha

And thanks to sousou she gave you a link to what you're searching for Just copy and paste the songs you want in a thread in this section here: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ar...s-translation/ and hopefully someone can help do it for you

Usually with searching for Arabic songs and singers it's difficult because there are many spellings (and similar song titles by other artists) so my only advice would be that, you just have to exhaust all the possibilities in hopes of finding what you want.
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

iMey said:

First thing, I don't speak English very well. I hop you could understand me.

I've two advices for you, the first one it is easy and the other one it is a little harder.

1- You can copy the singer name or the song name and paste it in Google translator and chose English-Arabic translation. It is an amazing way to convert the name to arabic letters, and that way you could search about it in the arabic websites.

2- The harder one it is: If you really interested of Arabic songs, you can learn Arabic letters to search in Arabic It will be easy for you to find what you'r looking for it. I know it sounds difficult but when you think about it you'll realize that you don't have to learn and understand the Arabic language, you just have to learn 28 letters, I think it is not that difficult, Isn't?
    If you don't really interested just ignore N.2
    Last edited by iMey; 01-30-2010 at 01:37 AM.