Solved: Identify this song, or at least the language (sound clip)

Thread: Solved: Identify this song, or at least the language (sound clip)

Tags: None
  1. Stimpy said:

Default Solved: Identify this song, or at least the language (sound clip)

Here's a song from the late 70s or early 80s that I'd like to find but I have no idea what language it’s in or who sings it. Even if you don't know who sings it but you can at least transcribe some of the lyrics then I can continue searching based on that.

http://www.divshare.com/download/9242272-5e7

Sorry about the poor audio quality, there is some fading and skipping near the beginning but the last verse should be fairly easy to make out.
    Last edited by Stimpy; 11-07-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Ligeia said:

The language is italian, and the song should be "Alle porte del sole" by Gigliola Cinquetti
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QQ4Ee0xLNU

Here are the lyrics:

Un'anima avevo così candida e pura/ I had a soul so white and pure
    Che forse per paura con te l'amore non ho fatto mai./ that maybe for fear I never made love to you
    Cercavo le strade più strane del mondo/ I used to search the strangest roads in the world
    Invece da te si arrivava per chiari sentieri/ instead I could reach you through clear paths
    E adesso che sento il tuo corpo vicino/ And now that I feel your body close (to me)
    Io nel buio ti chiedo di portarmi con te./ I ask you to take me with you in the dark

Alle porte del sole ai confini del mare/ at the gates of the sun, on the edge of the sea
    Quante volte col pensiero ti ho portato insieme a me/ how many times I brought you (there) with me through my thoughts
    E nel buio sognavo la tua mano leggera./ And in the dark I used to dream your gentle hand
    Ogni porta che si apriva mi sembrava primavera./ every door that was opening, I felt like if it was spring
    Alle porte del sole ai confini del mare/ at the gates of the sun, on the edge of the sea
    Quante volte col pensiero ti ho portato insieme a me/ how many times I brought you (there) with me through my thoughts
    Ti ho portato insieme a me/ I brought you with me

Che cosa mi dici? Che cosa succede?/ what do you tell me? What happens?
    Mi dici di cercare una casa per vivere insieme:/ You tell me to look for a house to live together
    Un grande giardino sospeso nel cielo/ a great garden in the sky
    E mille bambini con gli occhi dipinti d'amore./ and a thousand children with eyes painted with love
    Allora i pensieri non sono illusioni,/ so, thoughts are not illusions
    Allora è proprio vero che io sto volando con te./ so it's true that i'm flying with you

"-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"
  3. Stimpy said:

Wow! Amazing! Thank you so much! I've been searching for this one for over 30 years and now in less than an hour I get a reply. Incredible!
    Thanks again.