Tameem Al Barghoothy - Fil3alam al3arabiyy ta3eesh

Thread: Tameem Al Barghoothy - Fil3alam al3arabiyy ta3eesh

Tags: None

Layla said:

Post Tameem Al Barghoothy - Fil3alam al3arabiyy ta3eesh

Could somebody please write down the lyrics for me?

Oriee said:

What's the need for embarrassment

في العالم العربي تعيش
    في العالم العربي تعيش، كما قط ساكن تحت عربية عينيه ما تشوفش حاجة من الدنيا دي حاجة الا الجزم.

في العالم العربي تعيش مباراة بقالها الف عام
    لعيبة تجري يمين شمال والكورة طول الوقت في ايدين الحكم

في العالم العربي تقول للبنت حبيتك وتبقى البنت بتحبك وبتموت فيك، تناولك بالألم

في العالم العربي تعيش تشتم في طعم المي والطعمية والقهوة وروادها وفي مراتك واولادها وحر وزحمة الاتوبيس وفي اللي بيعملو ابليس وفي التلفيس، ولو سألوك تقول الحمد لله، ربنا يديمها نعم.

في العالم العربي تعيش كما دمعة في عيون الكريم
    المحنة تطردها، يرجعها الكرم
    في العالم العربي تعيش تلميذ في حوش المدرسة من غير فطار عينه على الشارع وبيحيي العلم
    في العالم العربي تعيش بتبص في الساعة وخايف نشرة الاخبار تفوت علشان تشوف عالشاشة ناس في العالم العربي تموت

Let me know when you need the translation
    لا يَشْكُرُ الله مَنْ لا يَشْكُرُ النَّاس
    The One Who Doesn't Thank Others, Doesn't Thank God

Layla said:

Thank you very much!

Yes, please - could you also translate it?

Oriee said:

Let me tell you first, that he's mocking from the Arabic situation

في العالم العربي تعيش
    In the Arabic world you live.
    في العالم العربي تعيش، كما قط ساكن تحت عربية عينيه ما تشوفش حاجة من الدنيا دي حاجة الا الجزم.
    In the Arabic world you live, as a cat that lives under a car, whose eyes does only see boots from the world

In the Arabic world, you live a match (football match) that is runing since 1000 year ago
    Players are runing to the right and left, and the ball is in the hands of the game-ruler all the time. (it means that they are not handling anything)

In the Arabic world you say to the girl "I love you", but she replies by slapping you in the meantime she's loving you and dying with you love.

في العالم العربي تعيش تشتم في طعم المي والطعمية والقهوة وروادها وفي مراتك واولادها وحر وزحمة الاتوبيس وفي اللي بيعملو ابليس وفي التلفيس، ولو سألوك تقول الحمد لله، ربنا يديمها نعم.
    In the Arabic world, you live swearing water, falafel, cafe and its visitors, your wife and her kids, heated and the crowded buses, what Devil's do, and bankruptcy, and if they'd ask you, you'd say "May God keep these goods"
    (There's a trick in the sentence in fact, yani you thank God for all goods, but since he's mentioning all bad things then he means to say that at the same time you're swearing these things, you wish these bad things last, I don't know if I succeeded in explaing this line, but if you didn't let me know to re-try )
    Egytian call Falafel: t3myiah
    قهوة: is either coffee or cafe, for sure here it means cafe

In the Arabic world you live as a tear in eye of generous
    Ordeal expel it, generousity bring it back
    (I think he means here, that tears dry while you're in troubles, but when you see people sufferring you tear for them)
    في العالم العربي تعيش تلميذ في حوش المدرسة من غير فطار عينه على الشارع وبيحيي العلم
    In the Arabic world you live as a student who hadn't his breakfast, who's standing in the shcool yard, his eyes are on the street as he's greeting the flag
    (He's showing loyalty; may be pretending; he's also noticing the troubles around him)
    في العالم العربي تعيش بتبص في الساعة وخايف نشرة الاخبار تفوت علشان تشوف عالشاشة ناس في العالم العربي تموت
    In the Arabic world you live, looking at the clock, afraid to miss news, to wathc on the screen people in the Arabic world, dying

Layla said:

Thank you very much, Orioosh!

No need for any other explanations!

Oriee said:

LOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL
    LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL
    I can't stop laughing, I liked it.
    but where from you stole Orioosh =))))))))))

Layla said:

Quote Originally Posted by Oriee View Post
    LOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL
    LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL
    I can't stop laughing, I liked it.
    but where from you stole Orioosh =))))))))))
    Orioosh is personal invention!

Oriee said:

Ah I see, because I have dear friend who's calling me Aroosh...
    Ya salam, so intelligent LoLo

Daydream said:

Hey dear, he isn't mocking Arabs, it's more of a poem kinda trying to raise awareness.. I actually haven't seen this clip prior to Layla's post, but I thoroughly enjoyed it so I hope you don't mind my interpretation of it.

In the Arabic world you live like a cat that lives under a car, whose eyes only see boots from the world
    Meaning the Arabs are helpless and under constant attack ie: wars on terrorism

In the Arabic world, you live a match that is running since 1000 year ago
    Players are running to the right and left, all the while the ball is in the hands of the umpire/referee.
    Meaning you are living a constant struggle, but it is not in your hands. "all the while the ball is in the hands of the umpire/referee" aka political figures

In the Arabic world you say to the girl "I love you", but she replies by slapping you in the meantime she's loving you and dying with you love.
    lol this one is cute actually, because girls in the Arab world are raised to be modest so their reputation is everything and typically the Arab girl doesn't go around dating boys and what not, so he's saying that although she loves you, she will slap you for how you spoke to her because its prohibited in Islam for these kinds of conversations to go on, but the same goes for non-Muslim Arabs, because again modesty and reputation are very important things and they can be ruined if the girl is known to be talking to this and that guy about romance and love

(There's a trick in the sentence in fact, yani you thank God for all goods, but since he's mentioning all bad things then he means to say that at the same time you're swearing these things, you wish these bad things last, I don't know if I succeeded in explaing this line, but if you didn't let me know to re-try )
    Al7amdela means "All praise belongs to Allah" and it is said for BOTH good and bad things, it doesn't mean that you want the bad things to last because in the Muslim religion you are taught to be gracious for everything that comes your way. So what he means is, only in the Arab world will you come across people who have nothing but bad things going on in their usual day to day life, yet when they are approached with the question "how was your day?" They will respond with El7amdulillah "All praise belongs to Allah"

In the Arabic world you live as a tear in eye of generous
    Ordeal expel it, generousity bring it back
    (I think he means here, that tears dry while you're in troubles, but when you see people sufferring you tear for them)

I understood the first half the same way, that tribulations and hard times will repel the tears of the generous BUT I think he means an act of generosity will bring it back, so sure the generous will be saddened by people suffering, but hard times will not cause them to cry, they will cry when they are treated with kindness so the tear in the eye of the generous appears when approached generously aka happy tears/tears of joy because "In the Arab world" you have to live strong and be brave, you can't let your guard down

In the Arabic world you live as a student who hadn't his breakfast, who's standing in the shcool yard, his eyes are on the street as he's greeting the flag
    (He's showing loyalty; may be pretending; he's also noticing the troubles around him)
    poverty, hunger.. Speaking about the kids who although they are living poor, they still get up in the morning, go to school, and salute the flag (saying their pledge to the flag) for a country that isn't giving them much in return, but those students get up and do what they have to do regardless of their financial situations

In the Arabic world you live, looking at the clock, afraid to missthe news, to watch on the screen people in the Arabic world, dying
    Very, very true. Many Arabs are obsessed with the news.. I guess this one line was to sum everything up, that we are merely standing by, dreading the news, only to watch other Arabs suffering and dying and do absolutely nothing about it. So I'll say it again, I don't think he was mocking or trying to make fun, rather he was trying to awaken them, motivate them to take a stand against oppressors and actually do something than to sit back and watch it all happen.
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

Layla said:

Dear Daydream thank you very much for all these explanations!

Oriee said:

No, not at all dear, I don't mind.
    I even liked your explanation )
    I wanted to do the same, but then I changed my mind and said no need, it's clear

I meant that he's mocking from the situation not Arabs themselves dear y3ni as دريد لحام في مسرحية كاسك يا وطن.

for في العالم العربي تعيش كما قط ساكن تحت عربية ... etc.
    It could have another meaning that they are afraid, and runing away from facing thier trouble which cause them to remain at the end.

في العالم العربي تعيش تشتم في طعم المي والطعمية والقهوة وروادها وفي مراتك واولادها وحر وزحمة الاتوبيس وفي اللي بيعملو ابليس وفي التلفيس، ولو سألوك تقول الحمد لله، ربنا يديمها نعم
    What you said is true about الحمد لله,
    but for ربنا يديمها نعم changes the meaning beside mentioning the bad things like heated crowded busses, I mean who would like busses to so crowded and heated, or who likes what Shytan does.

Daydream said:

for في العالم العربي تعيش كما قط ساكن تحت عربية ... etc.
    It could have another meaning that they are afraid, and runing away from facing thier trouble which cause them to remain at the end.
    ya that's the beauty of poetry, more than one meaning to each person because I can see how that may fit as well

I do agree that it's kind of self-explanatory, but you'd be surprised how many may get it wrong due to cultural differences.. so it's probably more self-explanatory to people who share the same culture as that of the people he described

On a side note, who is this guy? I've never heard of him before.
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

Layla said:

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream View Post
    On a side note, who is this guy? I've never heard of him before.
    He is a Palestinian poet and famous for his poem Fi-l-Quds!

I like him! And he has a nice voice!

Oriee said:

You're absolutely true

He's very young and his poets are very nice