Reinhard Mey - Wie vor Jahr und Tag

Thread: Reinhard Mey - Wie vor Jahr und Tag

Tags: None

Cosmonaut said:

Default Reinhard Mey - Wie vor Jahr und Tag

Für Müge (who couldn't choose to like an easier song to translate kjdsklll)

Unfortunately the translation doesn't do the song justice but I hope you can grasp its meaning now

Here the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lM7twblAb4

Wie vor Jahr und Tag liebe ich dich doch // I love you like from the beginning (every day the same...i loved you the same one year ago than one day ago, i hope you get it..its a ***** to translate)
    vielleicht weiser nur und bewußter noch. // maybe (the love is) wiser and more conscious only
    Und noch immerfort ist ein Tag ohne dich // and evermore/still a day without you
    ein verlor´ner Tag,verlor´ne Zeit für mich. // is a lost day, a lost time for me
    Wie vor Jahr und Tag ist noch immerfort // Like a year and a day ago, still, your name and luck/happiness are the same word
    das Glück und dein Name dasselbe Wort.
    Allein was sich geändert haben mag: // The only thing that may have changed
    Ich lieb dich noch mehr,als vor Jahr und Tag. // I now love you more than a year and a day ago

Mit wieviel Hoffnungen hat alles angefangen, // with how many hopes has it all begun
    wieviel Erwartung auf dem Weg,der vor uns lag. // with how many expectations on the way ahead of us
    Wir sind seitdem manch Stück darauf gegangen, // since then we walked a long distance on this path/way
    und doch ist er für mich neu,wie am ersten Tag. // and yet it feels new/fresh like in the very first day
    Ich zähl die Jahre,die seitdem verstrichen // I count the years that since then passed
    schon lange nicht mehr auf den Fingern einer Hand. // stopped counting them (the years) with the fingers of my hands
    Und doch ist nichts von deinem Bild verblichen, // and yet nothing of your picture/image faded
    vermiß ich nichts,was ich liebenswert daran fand. // I miss nothing I considered loveable (of it/you)

Refr.:

Ich habe tausendmal versucht,dich zu erlernen, // For a thousand times I attempted to study you
    so wie man aus einem Buch lernen kann;ich Tor. // like man can study from a book
    Und sah mit jeder Lektion sich mein Ziel entfernen, // and with every lesson my goal (to understand) got further and further away
    und heute weiß ich weniger noch,als zuvor. // and today I know less than ever before
    Ich habe tausendmal versucht vorauszusehen, // for a thousand times I tried to look in the future
    wie du wohl handeln würdest,aber jedesmal, // tried to understand how you ll react, but everytime I believed to understand everything about you
    wenn ich schon glaubte,alles an dir zu verstehen,
    erschien es mir,als säh´ ich dich zum erstenmal: // it seemed like I just saw you for the very first time

Refr.:

Lachen und Weinen sind in jener Zeit verklungen, // laughing and crying faded away in a time
    die in Siebenmeilenstiefeln an uns vorübereilt. // that hurried past us in seven-league boots (very quickly it means)
    Und von den besten all meiner Erinnerungen// and from the best of all my memories
    hab´ ich die schönsten,meine Freundin,wohl mit dir geteilt. // I have shared the best with you, my (girl)friend
    Nein,keine Stunde gäb´s,die ich bereute; // No, there is no hour that I would regret
    Und mir bleibt nur als Trost dafür,das keine wiederkehrt. // There is only consolation (for me) that none of those hours will come back again

Viel mehr als gestern liebe ich dich heute, // More than yesterday I love you today
    doch weniger noch,als ich dich morgen lieben werd´ // but less than I will love you tomorrow
    We are Brothers
    of the North
    who are sharing the All-Father's Blood

muge said:

hahah u said this song is for me baby, so i wanted to know sorry :P

ah du.. vielen dank :**
    Söz veriyorum, her şey çok güzel olacak, sadece sen ve ben...

Cosmonaut said:

jflksdjklfd geht schon
    We are Brothers
    of the North
    who are sharing the All-Father's Blood