Italian song suggestions ??

Thread: Italian song suggestions ??

Tags: None
  1. ewrem said:

Default Italian song suggestions ??

I am not sure if it's the right place to start this topic but i want to ask about your favourite italian songs ad singers. There are several topics like that but what i want is more contemporary singers and songs. I am listening Mina and Bocelli but i also want to listen newer and modern things too.

For example i love all songs of Zero assoluto, i listened some songs from Giusy Ferreri and Nek. I loved L'amore si odia from Noemi but i want more of those kind.

What do you suggest ?? What would you tell if i ask your favourite song of all times =)

Thanks in Advance
    When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you

Ligeia said:

Well, though I'm italian, i'm not a great fan of italian music, excepts for the lyrical operas, but I can give you some suggestions.
    If I had to choose my favourite songs I'll take something from De Andrč, Guccini, Modena City Ramblers, Timoria and Litfiba.
    I like very much the first record from Elisa pipes and flowers" but she sings in English there.

If you want something more contemporary you can listen to Laura Pausini, Giorgia and Ramazzotti (above all the old records), or you can take a look at the last editions of the songs from the sanremo festival or try on google "migliori canzoni italiane", you will surely find some inspiration!

anyway, here's a little list from my favourites in random order:
    In morte di S.F. (canzone per un'amica) - Guccini/ Nomadi
    Auschwitz - Guccini/ Modena City Ramblers
    La guerra di Piero - De Andrč
    Dio č morto - Guccini
    Fischia il vento - Modena city Ramblers
    Io vagabondo - Nomadi
    L'unica superstite - Modena City Ramblers
    Sangue impazzito - Timoria
    Anja del settimo cielo - Grazia di Michele
    Il guardiano di cani - Timoria
    I cento passi - Modena City Ramblers
    Carlo Martello torna dalla battaglia di Poitiers - De Andrč
    Il testamento di Tito - De andrč
    Gioconda - Litfiba
    Don Chisciotte - Guccini
    In un giorno di pioggia - Modena City Ramblers
    Transamerika - Modena City Ramblers
    El Diablo - Litfiba
    Luce - Elisa
    Lettera al futuro - Ramazzotti ( i like that because is inspired by "The masque of the Red Death" by Poe)
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"
  3. lost-in-his-eyes said:

Well, I'm not in any way Italian, but the language, culture and country fascinates me. Unfortunately, the only Italian singers I can recommend are Fabri Fibra and Gianna Nannini.