neke lake ko perce
    druge crne ko mrak.
    Black and white memories are keeping us apart
    some as light as feather
    some as dark as the night

Znaš da moje ljubavi se ne boje
    još uvijek imaju boje tvojih usana.
    You know that my loves are not afraid
    they still have the colour of your lips.

Al život nas nosi, tamo gdje nećemo
    i ovaj ples na žici već dugo plešemo.
    Pod nama se ruši svijet,
    i svaki korak znamo napamet…
    But life carries us, where we don’t want to go
    and we’ve been dancing this dance on the wire for too long now
    The world is tumbling down beneath us
    and we know every step by heart…

Jer sve se mijenja, u mome srcu ništa isto nije znaj
    kao nekada…
    Iz sažaljenja, da spavam s tobom, draga moja
    ne mogu ja…
    smiluj mi se sad, bježi dok sam mlad.
    Because everything changes, you should know that nothing is the same in my heart anymore,
    the way it was before…
    To sleep with you my darling out of pity
    I can’t do it…
    Have mercy on me now, get lost while I’m still young

Crno bijele uspomene nas dijele
    neke lake ko perce
    druge crne ko mrak.
    Black and white memories are keeping us apart
    some as light as feather
    some as dark as the night

Znaš da moje ljubavi se ne boje
    još uvijek imaju boje tvojih usana.
    You know that my loves are not afraid
    they still have the colour of your lips.

Al život se igra s nama dok ne poludimo
    glumimo loše, uzalud se trudimo…
    Uzmi kartu za drugi let,
    jer svaku scenu znamo napamet…
    But life plays with us until we lose our minds
    we are bad actors, try in vain…
    Get your ticket for another flight,
    because we know every scene by heart…

Jer sve se mijenja, u mome srcu ništa isto nije znaj
    kao nekada…
    Iz sažaljenja, da spavam s tobom, draga moja
    ne mogu ja…
    smiluj mi se sad, bježi dok sam mlad.
    Because everything changes, you should know that nothing is the same in my heart anymore,
    the way it was before…
    To sleep with you, my darling,out of pity
    I can’t do it…
    Have mercy on me now, get lost while I’m still young
    Last edited by smfc_stevo_smfc; 01-10-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Spring said:

So, smfc_stevo_smfc ...

What exactly is the point of copying my translation? I imagine I should be glad that you liked it but it would have been nice if you posted the link to original translation too

http://lyricstranslations.com/yu-eng...i-dok-sam-mlad

MayGoLoco said:

Hahahaha!!!

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

I thought it would be good to have it on this forum. I use this one regularly. I wasn't aware that anyone on this forum had posted it on this forum or elsewhere. Does it matter if I put the link in or not?
    It's there. That's all I care about.

Spring said:

Hm... Considering that I react as if someone robbed me and took a valuable painting from my house and then exhibited it in the busiest gallery in town, I might as well ask you - would you post lyrics without mentioning their author?
    Don't get me wrong but taking something like that and posting it as your own is like stealing. I also post my translations here but - they are mine so it doesn't matter if I put a link or not. See the difference?

I could go on (just to make MayGoLoco smile ) but I think you get the point and I don't mean to overreact but it's just that I am already not happy finding my translations all over the net without any mention of their origin...

MayGoLoco said:

It's a form of fraude, that's what teachers always used to say to us in school whenever we had to do projects...we always had to mention our sources.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

I wanted a copy of the lyrics translation, I found it elsewhere, I usually use this site and I thought that it would be helpfull for other people to see it here too. So I seen no reason why not to post it.

I had no idea that a user of this forum was the same person who posted it elsewhere.
    I never posted it to take any sort of credit and had anyone asked, I would have been honest and said that I got it elsewhere.

I don't know a single word of Bosnian so I would have been caught out if asked any questions on it (had I wanted to fool everyone into believing that it was translated personaly by myself (which I had no intention of doing whatsoever).)

Fraud? - I never at any point said that it was my own work so that's kinda hard to be the case.:P

And to answer your previous question "What exactly is the point of copying my translation?" - So everyone else on this forum can read it, that's why.

I've not infringed any copyright, I've not cost you money and I could have just as easily requested the lyrics and a translation of the song from someone else on this forum without even looking at your translation elsewhere.
    So get over it and stop taking it so serious.

MayGoLoco said:

Well because you don't state who's work it is, even though you don't mention it's not yours, people will consider it yours - that's the case here.

9. Sonata Arctica said:

Sorry, is the language of this song Bosnian? I thought it was Croatian. Maybe I'm mistaken.
    And one more question: "bježi" means "get lost", not "run"?

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sonata Arctica View Post
    Sorry, is the language of this song Bosnian? I thought it was Croatian. Maybe I'm mistaken.
    I can't give you definate answers for those questions. I don't know anything about Bosnian or Croatian. Regina are a Bosnian band so I am assuming that they sing in Bosnian. Maybe someone else can clarify...

As for the translation of "bjezi" - Ask Spring. They translated the song. Not me.

Spring said:

lol stevo! see now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonata Arctica View Post
    You are not mistaking - that is the same as Croatian but considering that Regina is from Bosnia - it is considered Bosnian.
    If there are any differences between Croatian and Bosnian - they are not visible in this song.

As for bježi

bježati; pobjeći = to flee, to run away; to escape

So, it is not the same as run

to run = trčati

In this particular context I decided that get lost is the most appropriate because when we say "Bjezi!" it's somewhat like the English "Get lost!"
    But, if we wanted to make it literal, we could translate it:

Bjezi Dok Sam Mlad = "Run away while I'm still young"

12. Sonata Arctica said:

OK, I understand, thanx!

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

I think for the context of the song, "flee" or "escape" seems more appropriate.

Spring said:

Yeah maybe... get lost seems too harsh

15. EllaTaylor said:

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    Yeah maybe... get lost seems too harsh
    What about "leave"? Would that work in this context?

Spring said:

Yeah that would sound much better in English but it would change the meaning a bit.. Because, if he was to say "leave" he would have said "odlazi".. By saying "bjezi" he is literally asking her to "run away" ; "flee" and I guess that is different from simple leaving.
    But then again... maybe that's exactly the right word because I am definitely not happy with "run away".
    Especially when considered that he says Have mercy on me now, run away /leave while I’m still young
    If he's asking for mercy for himself, there's no doubt- the point is not in her fleeing but in her leaving!

17. EllaTaylor said:

In my opinion, by asking her to flee is a bit nicer than telling her to leave. It's more of an order rather than a request. Not sure if that fits though.

Spring said:

Hm... yes. Asking her to flee would indicate that he is asking her to do it for her own good. But, the rest of the song somehow tells me that he is asking her to leave because he doesn't want to waste his life on her (whom he doesn't love) anymore... I might be wrong but after all this.. I think I'm gonna go back to my original translation : Get lost!
    Because, bjezi is defo like the English "get lost" and there is nothing nice about it

19. EllaTaylor said:

Nope, not very nice at all.

It is one of my favorite song by Regina though.