Forever Palestinian in phonetic Arabic

Thread: Forever Palestinian in phonetic Arabic

Tags: None
  1. Rhonda9080 said:

Default Forever Palestinian in phonetic Arabic

Marhaba everyone whom I've been out of touch with. Computer problems! Health issues! But now up and running again!
    I love Sami Yusuf's song "Forever Palestine"

Can someone translate the phrase "Forever Palestine" in phonetic Arabic for me? Thank you very much!
    "Life is what happens while we're busy making other plans..." John Lennon

Oriee said:

Welcome again dear.
    I hope everything is better now, inshallah.

Forever Palestine: فلسطين إلى الابد Filisteen ila el-abad (ila el2bad)

and
    Forever PALESTINE

By the way, is it Palestine forever or forever Palestine? Which is more correct
    Last edited by Oriee; 01-14-2010 at 08:57 AM.
    لا يَشْكُرُ الله مَنْ لا يَشْكُرُ النَّاس
    The One Who Doesn't Thank Others, Doesn't Thank God

3. Rhonda9080 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Oriee View Post
    Welcome again dear.
    I hope everything is better now, inshallah.

Forever Palestine: فلسطين إلى الابد Filisteen ila el-abad (ila el2bad)

and
    Forever PALESTINE

By the way, is it Palestine forever or forever Palestine? Which is more correct
    Hey Oriee (that's southern American for "marhaba")
    We are better, but my little granddaughter ended up in the hospital again with strep throat. She has an immune problem that makes it hard for her to fight off things, so even the common cold becomes dangerous. She is doing better, but keep her in your prayers.
    Thanks for your response. I guess it would be "Palestine Forever". This is for a scene in my book. The characters in the scene are two young men, one is Lebanese and one is Palestinian, and they're dancing debke and joking about whether Lebs are Palis are better at it. They're best friends, so the Pali guy is just joking, but its also a reminder to the reader of how Palestinians feel about their homeland.
    Thanks for any help!
    Blessings too!
    Rhonda

Oriee said:

You're welcome dear any time, with pleasure

Oh, I didn't know where from hey came from, eventhough I hear it pretty much in movies. I thought it's a kind of slang... Good to know that.

Oh my god, poor kid. May Allah heal her and bless her with good health, Amen.
    Mm.. is it a book you read or write? If I may ask you?

5. jsam said:

No one but God can know how Palestinians feel for their land

6. Rhonda9080 said:

You're welcome dear any time, with pleasure

Oh, I didn't know where from hey came from, eventhough I hear it pretty much in movies. I thought it's a kind of slang... Good to know that.

Oh my god, poor kid. May Allah heal her and bless her with good health, Amen.
    Mm.. is it a book you read or write? If I may ask you?
    Hey (Marhaba!) Oriee--thanks so much for the blessing! We need all the help we can get, but she is doing much better (ihamdilula).
    This is a book I'm writing. I spent time in Lebanon, and Palestine as a journalist (retired). This was back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Now I'm writing a fiction book about the Lebanese Civil War and life in the camps in Beirut for Pali refugees back then. Problem: sometimes I think I learned just enough to be confused and confuse others! And make a mess of the language! I've found the people on this forum to be the kindest and most helpful!
    Right now, I am looking for a translation of something I just read on a forum. Do you have any idea what this means:
    Ma ken fik totloob shi akhaf min el freedom? Ma ken fik totloob Budweiser Light masalam?
    It seemed to be concerning the Iraqis and Americans. How would this translate into the Lebanese dialect?
    Thanks as always for your help! I was reading the Lebanese Army forum, but somehow, I got off into this...

7. Rhonda9080 said:

Quote Originally Posted by jsam View Post
    No one but God can know how Palestinians feel for their land
    May God bless them!
    Mankind does some bad things to one another. My relatives were thrown off their land in Scotland and we recently went back to visit the empty villages. They still stand empty, so nobody even wanted their land (?). They just wanted them to shut up I guess. Anyway, they came to America on what they called "coffin" ships. They would pack them so tight in the hold that over half would arrive dead after a two-month journey across the Atlantic. Out of 30 of my relatives who got on the boat, only 3 got off. But here I am. I don't know what it all means, but I am in complete trust that God does. This is what we must all hope and trust in.
    Last edited by Rhonda9080; 01-16-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: misspelling

Oriee said:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda9080 View Post
    Hey (Marhaba!) Oriee--thanks so much for the blessing! We need all the help we can get, but she is doing much better (ihamdilula).
    This is a book I'm writing. I spent time in Lebanon, and Palestine as a journalist (retired). This was back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Now I'm writing a fiction book about the Lebanese Civil War and life in the camps in Beirut for Pali refugees back then. Problem: sometimes I think I learned just enough to be confused and confuse others! And make a mess of the language! I've found the people on this forum to be the kindest and most helpful!
    Right now, I am looking for a translation of something I just read on a forum. Do you have any idea what this means:
    Ma ken fik totloob shi akhaf min el freedom? Ma ken fik totloob Budweiser Light masalam?
    It seemed to be concerning the Iraqis and Americans. How would this translate into the Lebanese dialect?
    Thanks as always for your help! I was reading the Lebanese Army forum, but somehow, I got off into this...
    Ahlan (Welcome )
    - Thank you for your sweet words, yani, I belive they are people who like to help others, that is the secret, I guess.

- About language issue, I don't know what to say, but may be you didn't have enoght time to learn it very well... Never mind if you need any help, we as well as I are pleased to help you .

-I'm really excited about your book. Inshallah I'll pray for her each time she came to my mind.

- Ma ken fik totloob shi akhaf min el freedom? Ma ken fik totloob Budweiser Light masalam?
    In fact this is Lebanses,
    It means couldn't you ask for less than freedom? Couldn't you ask for "Budweiser Light" for example?
    (In fact I could figure out what is "Budweiser Light "!)

Daydream said:

Ahlan (Welcome )
    - Thank you for your sweet words, yani, I belive they are people who like to help others, that is the secret, I guess.

- About language issue, I don't know what to say, but may be you didn't have enoght time to learn it very well... Never mind if you need any help, we as well as I are pleased to help you .

-I'm really excited about your book. Inshallah I'll pray for her each time she came to my mind.

- Ma ken fik totloob shi akhaf min el freedom? Ma ken fik totloob Budweiser Light masalam?
    In fact this is Lebanses,
    It means couldn't you ask for less than freedom? Couldn't you ask for "Budweiser Light" for example?
    (In fact I could figure out what is "Budweiser Light "!)
    Budweiser Light is a beer brand hehe
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

10. Rhonda9080 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream View Post
    Budweiser Light is a beer brand hehe
    Hey Daydream! I'm back on! Have had computer problems, and the little one in the hospital! She's all better now and did go back to school, but the step went out of control on the holidays.
    So, now I'm back writing. Whew! Chapter 30! Almost exactly halfway!
    So here's a (sort of) question for you or Oriee:
    What if I did want to use a similar line in my book:
    Ma ken fik totloob shi akhaf min el freedom? Ma ken fik totloob Coca-Cola masalam?
    It fits perfectly in one sequence, but I think Coke would fit better for what I need. If Oriee hadn't pointed that out, I might have went with Bud Light. But I think Coca-cola would be more understandable to a reader from any culture or background.
    What do you think?

Oriee said:

Now I got it. Thank you Daydream...
    It's a kind of joke...
    In fact it means literally: couldn't you ask for something lighter that freedom, couldn't ask for Budweiser Light for example... (by the way is the Budweiser Light considered a light beer, if so then it's a kind of jokes)

Yes, I do agree with your point actually.
    And if the Budweiser Light is really a light beer so if you want to use Coke then I recommend you to say Coca-Cola light.

Just a little note if you'd like to use it in Arabic it's masalan
    and I prefe using hirriye instead of freedom.

Good luck in your book
    I'm looking forward to reading it... Is it your first book
    And you were lucky to have such a nice job as journalist, I was dying to go to Gaza and still..

12. jsam said:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda9080 View Post
    May God bless them!
    Mankind does some bad things to one another. My relatives were thrown off their land in Scotland and we recently went back to visit the empty villages. They still stand empty, so nobody even wanted their land (?). They just wanted them to shut up I guess. Anyway, they came to America on what they called "coffin" ships. They would pack them so tight in the hold that over half would arrive dead after a two-month journey across the Atlantic. Out of 30 of my relatives who got on the boat, only 3 got off. But here I am. I don't know what it all means, but I am in complete trust that God does. This is what we must all hope and trust in.
    Hey Rhonda,

Many thanks for the blessings.
    The story you mentioned about your relatives in Scotland is... actually... so depressing.. and so sad!
    May God bless all good people's souls..

Love & Peace

Daydream said:

welcome back Rhonda God bless your little one! I'm glad to hear she's doing better!!
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥