Why?

Thread: Why?

Tags: None

Steve0 said:

Smile Why?

Why do people want to learn how to sing in other languages. I do not get the point?

miss daisy said:

It's not about singing in other languages, I think it's about talking and learning the language..I guess they learn the song and then read the translation..but that's just me

Daydream said:

I think they hear the song and they are moved when they hear it. (either by how it was sung or the melody, tone, etc.) So in order to connect to the song they listened to, they want to sing along.. Or maybe it's for a talent competition or on a dare lol can't be too sure. everyone has their own reasons.
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

ShultzPD said:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
    Why do people want to learn how to sing in other languages. I do not get the point?
    Why not? Without language we would not be able to name complex ideas and concepts, actually, they don't exist unless named. Each language has a slightly different scope of what it can name and therefore, to a certain extent, enforces a different way of expression and consequently- thinking. By learning new languages you broaden your horizons and that is as true for music as it is for literature or anything else, a blues song wouldn't be the same if sung in German and sevdah wouldn't have its full scope in sanskrit.

tzela2795 said:

ok just imagine listening to song whose lyrics are written in a foreign language and you just love the melody of the song and the singer...Wouldn't you be interested and curious to find out what the lyrics say...What i mean is that it's not the singing part that makes people want to know the translation of certain songs but the real meaning that they can't find out unless by knowing the translation