Thanks

Default How Turkish sounds....

I always wondered how Turkish sounds to foreigners. I have no idea, since I already speak it, so how does it sound??...can you guys share your ideas??

Thanks

glouglou hhh ch glouk lalalahh glou itch glouk
    alah alah yavas yavas bre

Thanks

sounds like that
    but i think that the sound "oglou glou glou glou oglou...." is the king of turkish language sounds

Thanks

For me it sounds funny with all that "müş,muş, ç,"... That's a very nice language. When Turks speak, it's as if they were singing, i like it very much
    What i also find funny are the "love names" like kuşum, gamzelim, tatlım, yerim seni,.... We never use it in French

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zaö View Post
    For me it sounds funny with all that "müş,muş, ç,"... That's a very nice language. When Turks speak, it's as if they were singing, i like it very much
    What i also find funny are the "love names" like kuşum, gamzelim, tatlım, yerim seni,.... We never use it in French
    "Yerim seni" means "I would eat you But we use as love word
    I think Turkish's sounds are very soft and clear.But French language has amazing sound,i wish i could speak.I really like listen to French people while they speak.
    !?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda99 View Post
    "Yerim seni" means "I would eat you But we use as love word
    I think Turkish's sounds are very soft and clear.But French language has amazing sound,i wish i could speak.I really like listen to French people while they speak.
    I know what yerim seni means... I just wanted to say that it's funny to say that to your girlfriend
    I was surprised when my ex told me that but now i find it sweet I like Turkish very much, it's one of my favourite languages. But all the "love names" sounds funny for us because our "love names" are not like yours.
    Do you learn French?

Thanks

Default It means that "you are so delicious that I want to eat you"

I know what yerim seni means... I just wanted to say that it's funny to say that to your girlfriend

Thanks

Do you learn French?
    No,not yet *.*
    !?

Thanks

Turkish to this native English speaker sounds like "unununuz"

ferielhbb

i like turkish language and i adore listening to turkish people.....if someone wants to learn french i am here you can ask me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ferielhbb View Post
    i like turkish language and i adore listening to turkish people.....if someone wants to learn french i am here you can ask me
    I'm taking French course at school but i find it really hard to learn :/

Thanks

Turkish sounds very.... FAST!!! As I am learning it...I pick up a few words and then piece the conversation together to understand what is being said... but its funny as I always seem to pick out the naughty words...lol... and I always hear ALLAH ALLAH!!! But of all the languages I have learnt in my years as a teacher and travelling..turkish has to be the most difficult!!! But I love it and the country and the culture!!!
    Kendine Iyi Bak!!!

Thanks

At first,for me,turkish language sounded frightening.Now,after watching a few tv series,I got used to it and I started to like it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

Turkish As a language sounds so great very adorable and musical to my ears
    but it sound funny and harsh ''sometimes'' when u don't understand it / only when u watch them speaking
    sounds like / shurum burum gurum bolum yaa haydi chaboook gaal

Still no matter how it sounds like to others at least for me its one of the best
    viva turkiye

Thanks

Actually,
    many people stress out, that Turkish sounds like:
    "Oah borolala üüürürümüdüdüshüpü"... It is (especially in Germany) nicknamed "The ü/ö-Language", because of the dominating vowel harmony.
    - Racism is not far, it is in everybody's nature. Detect thy fears, thy prejudices, and live in unison with these fears and every being that does not harm thee.

Thanks

The first time I heard Turkish was in BARIS AKARSU music videos. I love not only the sound of the music, but the language too--very much!

The second "round" of listening to Turkish was in "Yalanci Yarim" starring BARIS AKARSU. Every word ran into the next. It seemed each person spoke in one long, huge word without a break!

As time went on, I was able to discern beginnings and endings of sentences in conversation (though not the meaning).

Eventually, I heard actual individual words--that made me so happy and proud! I could "hear" the language in words and try to match the words to the action/thing/ or subject.

Through this I learned some very basic words and the names of the characters (or who was being discussed). This breakthrough began to make the whole series understandable (also because of the fantastic acting in "Yalanci Yarim"). However, I remain unable to utilize the Turkish language.

As an American-English speaking person--if I keep away from listening to Turkish for long--all I hear is what sounds like "Jackson"!! Which may be "çıksın" or some common Turkish suffix beginning with a regular Turkish "c"!

If the show is playing and I'm not really listening closely, I may hear only something like this:

" 'Jackson' . . . yok . . . sen . . . beni . . . -inem . . . kim . . . kizim . . . so-&-so-bey . . . annem . . . -inem . . . yani . . . yani . . . evet . . . yani . . . 'Jackson' . . . 'tay-lah-fone' . . . guenayadin . . . off!! . . off-off! . . . 'Jackson' . . . -inem . . . yaaaaniii . . . yok . . . pardon . . . effendim . . . 'otto' . . . evet . . . baksin! . . . sarki . . . 'block-mah' . . . 'vi-vi-vi!!' . . . lutfen . . . git, git! . . . kimdir o! . . . 'Jackson' " !!!

Yani . . . don't get me wrong--I LOVE the Turkish language. And I like the way it sounds, very much, especially--as said--in (male) songs or when spoken by a sweet, soft, female voice. In the very beginning, BARIS AKARSU'S voice sounded as beautiful and romantic as French to me. However, now I can tell the difference between the two, of course.

Still, I love the language, and wish I could speak it. I can only sing song lyrics--I don't know what they mean EXCEPT--and this is very important! the male singers (and a few female singers) are sooooo special--that I understand the feelings from their heartfelt performance into my own heart. This especially draws me to Turkish !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

Well frankie there is defo a "Jackson" in [turkish] hidden between lines

for example :
    this '' unutacaksin '' which means you'll forgot
    when reading it sound as
    unutacaksin = unuta-jackson / unutajacksin

and so that ''Jackson'' is very common next to any verb '' will = olacak '' + you = sen

göreceksin / göreceksiniz = you'll see ----------> read as gorejecksiniz / gore-jecksin
    bulacaksınız / bulacaksın = you'll find ----------> read as bolajacksiniz/ bola-jacksin

hope i was clear in my example

Thanks

My best friend pointed this out, too.
    When she heard me and my mother talk, she was always like: "Have you talked about Michael Jackson?" - What? No?! - "Well, you both were always babbling about something blablabla...JACKSON!"
    Funny to see, that Frankie perceived it similarly, too.
    - Racism is not far, it is in everybody's nature. Detect thy fears, thy prejudices, and live in unison with these fears and every being that does not harm thee.

Thanks

Default How Turkish sounds

Thor from Mountain Thunder said he is awaiting Email conf? How does that work?