Romanian Grammar-- HELP!

Thread: Romanian Grammar-- HELP!

Tags: None

mike123 said:

the word for machine is also maşină.

Russian also uses maşina for car and magazin for store.

And the romanian spelling is autobuz for bus. I thought at one point that they might shorten it to "buz", but it turned out that they don't.
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decât răspunsul.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    Gosh, that was a long post that most of you will probably not want to read! :P
    It was well spaced out enough so it didn't look as bad on the eyes.

I watched Eurovision! Elena was good but I don't think her voice was as good on the night compared to some of her live videos on Youtube.
    I'm really disappointed that she does a lot of playback on Romanian TV shows instead of singing live. The only songs she seems to sing live on Romanian Tv shows are covers of Beyonce or someone else.

My favourite Romanian songs are:
    Dragostea Din Tei - O-Zone
    Despre Tine - O-Zone
    Te Ador - Elena Gheorghe
    Pana La Stele - Elena Gheorghe
    Soarele Meu - Elena Gheorghe
    Vocea Ta - Elena Gheorghe
    E Vina Mea - Blaxy Girls
    Ce Pot Sa Fac - Class
    Despre Tine Cant (Partea 2) - Crazy Loop
    Lacrimi de Inger - DJ Project
    Nu - DJ Project
    Impreuna - Laurentiu Duta
    Amintirea Ta - Spin

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

As for other international artists:

I like t.A.T.u. from Russia and Basshunter from Sweden. I'm not so keen on their own native language stuff though. I prefer their English songs.

Foreign language songs from Eurovision I like:
    Mamo - Anastacia Prikhodko (Russia)
    Bistra Voda - Regina (Bosnia) (absolutely love this song. the English version is good but nowhere near as good as the original Bosnian version!)
    Randajad - Urban Symphony (Estonia)

Songs in Bosnian by Regina that I love are:
    Bistra Voda
    Zvacu Te Pile Moje
    Bjezi Dok Sam Mlad

Songs in Bulgarian by Andrea I like are:
    Izlajime
    Vsichko Mi Dai

Along with her work with Costi Ionita/Sahara:
    Izbiram Teb
    Upotrebena (Halele)
    Belleza - Sahara feat. Geo Da Silva

Danish:
    Worst/Best Case Scenario - Nephew

Spanish:
    Ave Maria - David Bisbal

Aromanian:
    Ina, Ina Gione - Elena Gheorghe & Gica Coada

French:
    La Ritournelle - Sebastien Tellier
    Roche - Sebastien Tellier
    Kilometer - Sebastien Tellier
    Last edited by smfc_stevo_smfc; 02-09-2010 at 07:07 AM.

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    As for other international artists:

I like t.A.T.u. from Russia and Basshunter from Sweden. I'm not so keen on their own native language stuff though. I prefer their English songs.
    Most of my foreign music library is not too foreign; the vast majority is Celtic music, mostly in English, some in Gaelic.

The next largest category is Eurodance & Europop. Most is English, Romanian, or Italian. Some is Swedish (Basshunter) or Russian (Radu Sîrbu).

I also have the whole Eurovision 2009 album; I liked Todas As Ruos Do Amor by Flor-de-Lis (Portugal) and Et Cetera (Sinead Mulvey & Black Daisy, Ireland), as well as Rändajad (Urban Symphony, Estonia).

I also like Johanna (Shut Up!) by Crazy Loop, Doi Străini (RadU), Monalisa (MR. & MS.) and Alături De Îngeri (3SE).

I like foreign songs, but I don't knowwhy

I'll have to check out some of those other artists you mentioned, though...
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    the word for machine is also maşină.

Russian also uses maşina for car and magazin for store.

And the romanian spelling is autobuz for bus. I thought at one point that they might shorten it to "buz", but it turned out that they don't.
    You would think that eventually someone would come up with the idea to shorten "autobuz", wouldn't you?

But it's like that in a lot of languages... Wonder why.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

I also have the whole Eurovision 2009 album; I liked Todas As Ruos Do Amor by Flor-de-Lis (Portugal) and Et Cetera (Sinead Mulvey & Black Daisy, Ireland), as well as Rändajad (Urban Symphony, Estonia).

I also like Johanna (Shut Up!) by Crazy Loop, Doi Străini (RadU), Monalisa (MR. & MS.) and Alături De Îngeri (3SE).
    I liked Et Cetera by Sinead and Black Daisy. Flor-de-Lis's song was alright but nothing all that great.

My favourites from Eurovision 09 are:
    Always - Aysel & Arash (Azerbaijan)
    The Balkan Girls - Elena Gheorghe (Romania)
    Bistra Voda - Regina (Bosnian & Herzegovina)
    This Is Our Night - Sakis Rouvas (Greece)
    Believe Again - Brinck (Denmark)
    Et Cetera - Sinead Mulvery & Black Daisy (Ireland)

Johanna (Shut Up!) is a good song by Crazy Loop but my favourite, without a doubt, has to be Crazy Loop (Mm-Ma-Ma)

dragonfly93 said:

Oh yes, that is a really good song--I found out recently that one of my close friends listens to Crazy Loop! hehehe... I was surprised though, because despite the fact that Dan Bălan lives in the U.S. now, not many Americans listen to him...at least, not that I know of. Not since Dragostea Din Tei...

I found out maybe a few months ago that my Romanian friend's boyfriend used to live on the same apartment floor as Dan Bălan in București... Although he probably wasn't home very often, and touring around.

I also like Lose Control by Waldo's People (Finland), This Is Our Night by Sakis Rouvas (Greece), La Teva Decisiò by Susanna Georgi (Andorra), Is It True? by Yohanna (Iceland), Düm Tek Tek by Hädise (Turkey)... I liked a lot of them, though I didn't see the live performance, just the tracks I downloaded.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Oh yes, that is a really good song--I found out recently that one of my close friends listens to Crazy Loop! hehehe... I was surprised though, because despite the fact that Dan Bălan lives in the U.S. now, not many Americans listen to him...at least, not that I know of. Not since Dragostea Din Tei...

I found out maybe a few months ago that my Romanian friend's boyfriend used to live on the same apartment floor as Dan Bălan in București... Although he probably wasn't home very often, and touring around.

I also like Lose Control by Waldo's People (Finland), This Is Our Night by Sakis Rouvas (Greece), La Teva Decisiò by Susanna Georgi (Andorra), Is It True? by Yohanna (Iceland), Düm Tek Tek by Hädise (Turkey)... I liked a lot of them, though I didn't see the live performance, just the tracks I downloaded.
    Yeah, apparently Dan is trying to promote himself in the US and here in the UK. So it obviously isn't working very well. LOL
    If it wasn't for Youtube, I wouldn't have heard of his new project.

I liked a lot of the songs off the Eurovision album but there are only a select few that I actually listen to regularly.
    With the live performances, some were good while others you should be glad you didn't see. One for example was Russia's entry with Anastacia Prikhodko. I know I early said that I liked her song but live she sounded terrible and out of key.

"La Teva Decisiò" is an alright song but I find it kinda cheesey.

There were some acts that should have made the final that didn't in place of some that I think shouldn't have made the final.
    Ireland's entry and Belgium's entry (Copycat) should have made the final.
    (I just remember. Add Copycat - Copycat (Belgium) to my list of favourites.)

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    Yeah, apparently Dan is trying to promote himself in the US and here in the UK. So it obviously isn't working very well. LOL
    If it wasn't for Youtube, I wouldn't have heard of his new project.

I liked a lot of the songs off the Eurovision album but there are only a select few that I actually listen to regularly.

There were some acts that should have made the final that didn't in place of some that I think shouldn't have made the final.

Ireland's entry and Belgium's entry (Copycat) should have made the final.
    (I just remember. Add Copycat - Copycat (Belgium) to my list of favourites.)
    I totally agree that Et Cetera should have made the final! I was disappointed... On the other hand, because France, the UK, Spain, and Germany (I think?) sponsor Eurovision, and Russia won the previous year, they made it into the finals automatically. Although I love France in general, I don't think they were the best competition. LOL

By the way, have you heard of Bloom 06? It's the reformed band of Eiffel 65, minus DJ Gabry Ponte (who now produces his own songs). I like their music, especially "The Crash" and "In Your Eyes".

This is totally off-topic--but does anyone here know the difference between the usage of "e" and "este"? Or are they interchangeable? I already know the difference between "sînt" (which is no longer used) and "sunt" (its contemporary spelling)... but both "e" and "este" are used, so I can't tell what the difference is. Is it like Spanish, with one being a temporary condition and the other a permanent condition?

Mulțumesc!

mike123 said:

You would think that eventually someone would come up with the idea to shorten "autobuz", wouldn't you?

But it's like that in a lot of languages... Wonder why.
    I would have wanted to shorten it. I always have problems say "au" so maybe that's why!!
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decât răspunsul.

dragonfly93 said:

I like the song "Numbers" by Basshunter and "Nu Vreau Să Te Pierd" by Anka, by the way!

dragonfly93 said:

Why not start a new trend, and start calling it a "buz", Mike? LOL
  13. Un_Angel_Caido said:

Hello Dragonfly,
    e is an optional form of este, which is often used in colloquial speech. Ex. unde este becomes unde e. Sometime this e becomes i if preceded by a word that ends in a vowel ex. ce este? (what is it ?) in speech is rendered ce-i? But this is also used in writings as you might have seen.
    Hope this helps.

dragonfly93 said:

Mulțumesc, Angel Caido!

Layla said:

Hello! I will close this thread down, cause we will end up having two threads about Romanian language!

Please, for further questions and doubts, write here!

Thank you for understanding!

Closed