Help finding this song!

Thread: Help finding this song!

Tags: None
  1. ana_marija said:

Default Help finding this song!

I posted this on the Serbian thread, so far haven't had any luck finding this song, so I thought I might try here because the song sounds either Serbian or Macedonian, or it could have even been Bulgarian.

I'm not sure what language this song is, have no idea what it's called, the only lyrics I remember are something like

"aj gi gi gi gi gi gi"

"aman ama (aman ama) aman ama (aman ama) " - the following line of lyrics is repeated in this way, but i can't remember the words.

then something like opa si, opa si, opa si, opa something -ara. Or was is ropa?

.... yeah! I couldn't make out any other words. I'm sure you guys have no idea what song i'm talking about, but any help would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure it was a new style folk song.

lopatka said:

In the other thread, you said you heard it at a wedding :] What kind of wedding? I doubt it will be a Bulgarian song, if the wedding was either Serbian or Macedonian.

And the "opa si" part was probably "op sa", which is a sound we make when we listen to pop-folk music or as we call it chalga. ;]
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangiđ upp á gólv dansiđ lystilig!

3. ana_marija said:

It was a Serbian wedding, but they were playing Macedonian music too I think.

Milka said:

The phrase "aman" (or repeated "aman, aman") is often used in Macedonian folk songs as well as in everyday speech. It is impossible to say which song it is just by giving that word.

The second is likely an exclamation "op sa", or "op sa sa" if there is rhythm.

5. NikolForAll said:

You could try with that one, but it's a serbian song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnO4kfW_OOo