Off-topic discussions in English related to Romania, Romanian language and culture...

Thread: Off-topic discussions in English related to Romania, Romanian language and culture...

Tags: None

mike123 said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    LOL I know it was confusing because of the thread closure! You're not the only slow one here, by the way
    That's good to know!!
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decât răspunsul.

mike123 said:

Wow, I saw on YouTube but wasn't sure if he was injured. I had a contusion once; it was on my back and rather painful. I got it from jiu-jitsu, though. I got kneed in the back by someone twice as heavy as I was!
    Knees in jiu-jutsu?? I thought jj was mostly submissions?

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    Knees in jiu-jutsu?? I thought jj was mostly submissions?
    Yes it is, but you have to wrestle to get back on top after a submission!
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

mike123 said:

Yes it is, but you have to wrestle to get back on top after a submission!
    remind me never to make you mad!

mike123 said:

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    Elena Gheorghe - Vocea Ta
    DJ Project - Două Anotimpuri
    DJ Project - Povestea mea
    Sahara (Costi Ionita, Andrea and Buppy Brown) - (If they've released an album)
    Blaxy Girls - (new album when it comes out)

Do you really think you will find any of those in the US?

Hi Stevo, tonight I finally remembered to ask a friend to look for DJ project prices. She lives in timisoara and will get back to me soon on how much they cost. I'll let you know the cost and if you want to purchase, she will be willing to mail them to you.

I'll PM you when I hear back and we can go from there.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Thanks Mike.

dragonfly93 said:

Hey everyone, I started a new thread topic for discussing Romanian music, in case you didn't notice yet. Everyone is welcome to post there

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

I'm currently watching the UEFA Europa League match between Liverpool FC and FC Unirea Urziceni and I'm cringing everytime the commentators mispronounce "Unirea Urziceni"

Mostly as "Ooh-nih-ree-ah Oor-zih-cheny" and "Ooh-nih-ray-ah Oor-zee-chen"

9. kamadeva said:

Hey i was born in Urziceni, i think it's the smallest town to ever win the championship in Romania and they're certainly the smallest to play in Champions League(~15k-20k).
    Unfortunately i ain't much for watching football, just wanted to make a small comment.
    Erm, i'm just a stalker reading what ppl say(don't mind me). I like getting amused in reading your guys comments.Who would have guessed...romanian an attractive language for foreigners; oh, the dread of my youth.
    Carry on grasshoppers

dragonfly93 said:

I'm currently watching the UEFA Europa League match between Liverpool FC and FC Unirea Urziceni and I'm cringing everytime the commentators mispronounce "Unirea Urziceni"

Mostly as "Ooh-nih-ree-ah Oor-zih-cheny" and "Ooh-nih-ray-ah Oor-zee-chen"
    hahaha...

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by kamadeva View Post
    Hey i was born in Urziceni, i think it's the smallest town to ever win the championship in Romania and they're certainly the smallest to play in Champions League(~15k-20k).
    Unfortunately i ain't much for watching football, just wanted to make a small comment.
    Erm, i'm just a stalker reading what ppl say(don't mind me). I like getting amused in reading your guys comments.Who would have guessed...romanian an attractive language for foreigners; oh, the dread of my youth.
    Carry on grasshoppers
    no prob, i did that for a day, then created an account

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Carry on grasshoppers
    My local team have no chance at all of winning the Scottish Premier League and getting into the Champions League yet even they have a bigger support and stadium capacity! LOL

dragonfly93 said:

My local team have no chance at all of winning the Scottish Premier League and getting into the Champions League yet even they have a bigger support and stadium capacity! LOL
    Awww, that's too bad

mike123 said:

Carry on grasshoppers
    welcome kamadeva! drop by any time to chat!

dragonfly93 said:

Hey, what Olympic sports is Romania competing in? I know only that they were competing in luge, and that a Romanian woman was knocked unconscious, an Italian man crashed but was unharmed, and the Georgian man was killed

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

I'm trying to understand the Romanian leu just now. I'm just about to check exchange rates but what I want to know is the cost of things in Romania.

Aproximately, how much would these cost?:
    a loaf of bread,
    a packet of crisps/chips,
    a bottle of vodka,
    a replica football (soccer) shirt/jersey/top

mike123 said:

bread depends on weight, around 2,75/kg
    chips are about 2,5
    vodka is about 15 lei (not sure which size bottle), tequila is 57
    shirt might be around 30

1 GBP = 4,72 RON

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    bread depends on weight, around 2,75/kg
    chips are about 2,5
    vodka is about 15 lei (not sure which size bottle), tequila is 57
    shirt might be around 30

1 GBP = 4,72 RON
    When you say "4,72" you mean "4.72" right?

Just out of interest I checked out FC Steaua Bucuresti's online store and shirts were going for 349,99 lei. What is that all about? That's nearly £75!!!
    Shirts here are £40 when they are released if not £45 at the dearest! And it's half way through the season. You'd expect it to be reduced.

dragonfly93 said:

Yes, that's the Mainland European way of writing digits, keep in mind that something that says 3,00 is actually 3.00, and something that is written as 3.000 is 3000 so don't get confused with prices!

20. kamadeva said:

When you say "4,72" you mean "4.72" right?

Just out of interest I checked out FC Steaua Bucuresti's online store and shirts were going for 349,99 lei. What is that all about? That's nearly £75!!!
    Shirts here are £40 when they are released if not £45 at the dearest! And it's half way through the season. You'd expect it to be reduced.
    i looked online and the most expensive one i found was 149,00 lei , but their expensive either way; only fans and morons buy them.