Off-topic discussions in English related to Romania, Romanian language and culture...

Thread: Off-topic discussions in English related to Romania, Romanian language and culture...

Tags: None

mike123 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi3012 View Post
    Of course smileygal, please do.
    Practiced for two years. Now I have my own business. I do graphic design or DTP. But once an engineer, always engineer .

How interesting! What are some things that you have designed? Do you use AutoCAD? I used to know the names of some other programs but now I forget them
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decât răspunsul.

smileygal said:

wow!!! that must be cool!! What's your business called??

3. Cristi3012 said:

@Mike
    Is not so interesting... I use Adobe Graphic Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and so on; Corel Graphic Suite, and use to work and with QuarkXpress. Using those I do design for advertising and what I do is printed digital or offset, it depends. What I do now is called often layout, design & prepress, or something like that. I also take pictures when I need.
    @smileygal
    I don't think this is the place to advertise my business... It is a very small company and i think I'll give up because the crisis is affecting me very hard... Maybe not the crisis, but all king of nasty taxes.

4. kamadeva said:

Of course smileygal, please do.
    Practiced for two years. Now I have my own business. I do graphic design or DTP. But once an engineer, always engineer .
    Heh, i'm an engineer also(engineers are grammar catastrophies).Howdy there!
    Where did ya do your Polytechnics studies,and when?

mike123 said:

@Mike
    Is not so interesting... I use Adobe Graphic Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and so on; Corel Graphic Suite, and use to work and with QuarkXpress. Using those I do design for advertising and what I do is printed digital or offset, it depends. What I do now is called often layout, design & prepress, or something like that. I also take pictures when I need.
    @smileygal
    I don't think this is the place to advertise my business... It is a very small company and i think I'll give up because the crisis is affecting me very hard... Maybe not the crisis, but all king of nasty taxes.
    Sorry to hear about business. America gives a ton of tax breaks to small business owners, it does help but still they struggle. Here, the saying is that the first 5 years will make or break your company. I do hope business picks up for you.

I work as a software analyst (QA) for a financial company and am schooled in software development although I don't do much of it at my day job.

dragonfly93 said:

@Mike
    @smileygal
    Ah, I take a Web Design class, and I plan to get certified in Adobe Dreamweaver and Flash! I use Photoshop less frequently though.
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

mike123 said:

dragonfly, are you planning to do web design?

it's something I should learn. but havnt found the interest enough to learn it.

dragonfly93 said:

No, I don't plan on it (it's a saturated field)... But it's good to know, if I start a business or something

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Do any of you know how I can get Romanian on the Writing Pad and Character Pad of my Tablet PC Input Panel?

I can switch between languages with the language bar thing but for the 3 languages that I have chosen, only English and French can be used on the Character Pad and Writing Pad along with the on-screen keyboard while I can only get Romanian on on-screen keyboard.

dragonfly93 said:

Hmmm I don't know... Aren't some of the punctuation characters replaced by diacritic letters? I have not tried to type in Romanian on a PC lately... Sorry I can't really help, I'm a visual person.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Yeah. this > ; < key is S with a comma below and this > ' < key is t with the comma. along with a few others for the A's with diacritics.
    The on-screen keyboard is fine. All I want to do is write using my graphics tablet and for it to be converted into text.

It works fine in English and French (Canada) but for some reason, I can't get the options of using Writing Pad and Character Pad with Romanian. Just the on-screen keyboard.

dragonfly93 said:

Ok, Stevo I think you can type those characters while the on-screen keyboard is up, that's what I do.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

So absolutely no way I can write them?

dragonfly93 said:

I don't know

15. Cristi3012 said:

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    Yeah. this > ; < key is S with a comma below and this > ' < key is t with the comma. along with a few others for the A's with diacritics.
    The on-screen keyboard is fine. All I want to do is write using my graphics tablet and for it to be converted into text.

It works fine in English and French (Canada) but for some reason, I can't get the options of using Writing Pad and Character Pad with Romanian. Just the on-screen keyboard.
    The writing pad and character pad are not available for romanian language. That's because of windows. Tryed this on my laptop.

If u swich to romanian keyboard, the keyboard look like this:

Q W E R T Z U I O P Ă Î
    A S D F G H J K L Ș Ț Â
    Y X C V B N M , . /

and some changes when u type shift+number:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = <----number
    ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + <----shift+number

hope this is useful for you

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Yeah thanks Cristi. I've already seen the Romanian keyboard layout when I was setting it up.
    So there's no way possible to set up writing pad and character pad in Romanian?

What is the point of the Z and the Y switching places in the Romanian keyboard?
    Last edited by smfc_stevo_smfc; 03-21-2010 at 05:10 PM.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Another challenge: Last time I asked for Romanian bands (preferably lyrics in Romanian) who are similar to Blink-182. This time, can anyone find me bands who are similar to Angels & Airwaves?

PS: I just listened to some Andreaa Balan and she sounds good.

dragonfly93 said:

Y is not used as much in Romanian as Z, that's why

dragonfly93 said:

Andreea Bălan is good isn't she try Anka too.

dragonfly93 said:

Hi everyone! Bună tuturor!