Off-topic discussions in English related to Romania, Romanian language and culture...

Thread: Off-topic discussions in English related to Romania, Romanian language and culture...

Tags: None

dragonfly93 said:

Haha, from what I hear from non-native Romanians and tourists, that's true

I think it's just politics and bad habits that make the country suffer, the same things that happen in every country.

Înger Căzut, mă bucur să te aud!
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by NNA for life View Post
    You are right Romania have much to show ,have a great potential touristic
    BUT the romanian people make a bad publicity for this country,like i did or like is doing more than half of the population of this country.We are showing just the bad parts of this country because we were teach so :P

I am in a touristic collage and if Romania will stop the bad publicity will start to make a lot of money from tourism
    Well how many people would have thought of visiting South Africa for a holiday a few years ago? The World Cup has brought 1,000s of tourists to South Africa.
    Perhaps Romania should host the European Championships one year and show tourists the positive side of Romania, not to mention give the economy a boost?
    If the Euros were held in Romania and Scotland qualified, I would seriously consider going.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by Un_Angel_Caido View Post
    Well I guess I'm not going to Heaven since I'll be going to Romania in about 4 weeks lol and this will be my second time there LOL. But then again I'm just staying for about 9 days. So guess it gives me time to be allowed in heaven lol. Romania has a lot of nice picturesc places. I would recomend anyone to visit especially if you like vampire related stuff. A couple of highlights on my first trip, climbign about 1500 steps to top of Poeneri Castle, which this is Vlad's real castle not Bran as many assume as I have been told and read. Also had a chance to eat at the house where Vlad was born. Stayed at Dracula hotel in Piatra Fintinele. Romania has so much to offer not just what you might see/read online as negative. O and did I mention romania has some of the most beautiful girls? lol

pe curand

Un Inger Cazut
    Sounds interesting. What's the Dracula hotel like?

I already know of some of Romania's beauties. Elena Gheorghe, Inna, Giulia Anghelescu, Andreea Bălan, Elena Gheorghe!

dragonfly93 said:

LOL Stevo!! There are plenty of them xD Of course, they ARE all celebs...

NNA for life said:

Romanian girls are crazy,i don't like them but yes they are beautifull :
    ------>Kaal ho na ho<------
    ------>Lebnan ya 2it3it sama<------
    ------>La 2ilaha 2illa allah<------

6. Crisa said:

Romania has a bad reputation because of the Romanians that are outside Romania have made it have. And of course the authorities are to blame too because they don't do something really good about it. (I'm sick of explaining people that Romanians aren't gypsies , that we are Latins and our ancesters are the Romans I hope this confusion will be over soon.
    This country has a lot of beautiful things to show to the foreign tourists but unfortunately the ones that should promote our country has batter things to do ...like stealing our money and destroy the little that have left from Romania ....

7. Crisa said:

Romanian girls are crazy,i don't like them but yes they are beautifull :
    Why so ? Why don't you like Romanian girls ?

NNA for life said:

Cause i have the right to choose what i should like and what not
    ------>Kaal ho na ho<------
    ------>Lebnan ya 2it3it sama<------
    ------>La 2ilaha 2illa allah<------

dragonfly93 said:

LOL I'm a girl, so I wouldn't know what kind of girls you guys go for...

But whatever...

10. Crisa said:

Cause i have the right to choose what i should like and what not
    Yes you have the right to choose the nationality of the girl you like .

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by Crisa View Post
    Romania has a bad reputation because of the Romanians that are outside Romania have made it have. And of course the authorities are to blame too because they don't do something really good about it. (I'm sick of explaining people that Romanians aren't gypsies , that we are Latins and our ancesters are the Romans I hope this confusion will be over soon.
    This country has a lot of beautiful things to show to the foreign tourists but unfortunately the ones that should promote our country has batter things to do ...like stealing our money and destroy the little that have left from Romania ....
    I really sympathise with you on the gypsie thing. I think people can be so unfair to just stereotype and automatically think a gypsy is from Romania.
    To me, it seems as if a lot of people look at their own countries through tinted glasses.
    Like they might look at another country and think, "Wow! That's bad!" as if their own is perfect but they forget how bad their own country is.

Prior to the World Cup, a lot of people were thinking, "South Africa - Muggings, rapings, prostitution etc." In a national newspaper, a columnist from my local area listed a lot of incidents that happened recently and everyone assumed he was talking about South Africa. Only for him to finish with how they've all happened in the local area.
    So it goes to show that you get those type of things in every country.

dragonfly93 said:

Yes, there are gypsies from Hungary, from Italy, even in the rest of Central and Eastern Europe! I never have or will associate gypsies with Romanians... But many people seem to And they're not always bad people, either, but their lifestyles are completely and totally different!!

LOL, all in the local area? Haha, that's like how France never seems to have any crime... As someone once told me, it's not that it doesn't happen; it's just that it's not reported in the news!! My grandma got robbed, actually... Well, technically not robbery; it was just that someone ran off in an instant with her groceries and purse, including the cart LOL But she got the purse back, including the wallet... Just not the money or credit cards in it. But I can't remember about her passport... Hmmm...

Nope, I never forget how bad my country can be. It may be developed, but in reality, we've all got issues xP And the rest of the world knows that; just not the Americans in the U.S. LOL. So many other nations really loathe us for everything... Economic problems and sticking our nose where it doesn't belong... Yep, that's the U.S. for sure!!

mike123 said:

off, then you get idiots like Madonna who thinks she has the answers to solve everyones problems and the guts to preach... :-/
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decât răspunsul.

dragonfly93 said:

Hahaha, da, știu!! LOL

15. Un_Angel_Caido said:

Dragon fly - ms sper ca esti bine.

Stevo- Wow you know that girl on the picture lol . Well yeah most celebs are pretty but I meant the girl next door. I went to Mcdonalds by piata romana and most of the girls working were beautiful. Now if you go to Mcdonals here in California it is very rare to see a beautiful girl working there. The Dracula hotel is nice it sits like top of a hill and it has nice surroundings. Plus outside the hotel in like a small lawn they have a statue of Bram Stoker. If I remember the halls have Red Carpet with a D very nice.

Well I think that maybe the reason why natives give bad reputation is because they don't want to have so many Tourists visiting their country maybe they just want to keep it more of a local atmosphere lol . But yea romania is not like a destination that a lot of people think of. I think that a lot of westerners visit because of the connection with vampire/Dracula. If I hadn't had a dream of visiting transylvania, I don't think I would have ever known Romania. But romania does have resort places like Mamaia which I'll be staying for a weekend.

But if you do have a chance visit romania don't let the bad reputation be an obstacle. Just be careful with taxis cuz that was my only bad experience. I got overcharge . So is better to call a taxi or have hotel call one than for you to get one on the street .
    Ok all enjoy the day,
    Un Angel Caido

dragonfly93 said:

LOL, I never wanted to visit Transylvania... I just want to see castles and practice the language

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    Nope, I never forget how bad my country can be. It may be developed, but in reality, we've all got issues xP And the rest of the world knows that; just not the Americans in the U.S. LOL. So many other nations really loathe us for everything... Economic problems and sticking our nose where it doesn't belong... Yep, that's the U.S. for sure!!
    Good old US of A. "Team America World Police" LOL. I've got to admit though, I'd rather it be America trying to police the world than say... North Korea or Iran.

I don't blame the global economic crisis on America. I blame our useless bankers and government at home.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    off, then you get idiots like Madonna who thinks she has the answers to solve everyones problems and the guts to preach... :-/
    Don't get me started on celebs like her. One solution to the worlds problems would be for her to sell her mansions and donate that money to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Un_Angel_Caido View Post
    Stevo- Wow you know that girl on the picture lol . Well yeah most celebs are pretty but I meant the girl next door. I went to Mcdonalds by piata romana and most of the girls working were beautiful. Now if you go to Mcdonals here in California it is very rare to see a beautiful girl working there. The Dracula hotel is nice it sits like top of a hill and it has nice surroundings. Plus outside the hotel in like a small lawn they have a statue of Bram Stoker. If I remember the halls have Red Carpet with a D very nice.

Well I think that maybe the reason why natives give bad reputation is because they don't want to have so many Tourists visiting their country maybe they just want to keep it more of a local atmosphere lol . But yea romania is not like a destination that a lot of people think of. I think that a lot of westerners visit because of the connection with vampire/Dracula. If I hadn't had a dream of visiting transylvania, I don't think I would have ever known Romania. But romania does have resort places like Mamaia which I'll be staying for a weekend.

But if you do have a chance visit romania don't let the bad reputation be an obstacle. Just be careful with taxis cuz that was my only bad experience. I got overcharge . So is better to call a taxi or have hotel call one than for you to get one on the street .
    Ok all enjoy the day,
    Un Angel Caido
    I wish I knew the girl in the picture!
    Actually, I'd love to have her as my girl next door.
    I think almost every country has lot of beautiful girls. You just don't really notice it in your own country as much as you would in another. When you go to another country you have your eyes open, looking at the sights and comparing it to your own country. While in your own country, it's the same old things you are used to so you take little notice.

What things are there to see in București?

dragonfly93 said:

Looool Stevo, true, better us than a Communist terror!! Hahaha!! But, ilike you, I blame the home economy... Although for me, that means the US

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    Looool Stevo, true, better us than a Communist terror!! Hahaha!! But, ilike you, I blame the home economy... Although for me, that means the US
    It's not anything to do with communism or facism or whatever. It's just the fact that Kim Jong Il is a nutter and Ahmadinejad can't be trusted.