Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Thread: Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Tags: None

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    Yeah. I was going to say how this is becoming more and more off-topic by the post and is in danger of being deleted or something.

Has anyone heard Elena Gheorghe's new song "Disco Romancing" and if you have, what do you think of it?
    Hey, I just listened to it... It's nice
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

2. Crisa said:

Glad you like it The laugh in the end belongs to one of the band components

dragonfly93 said:

4. Crisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    I've heard only a few seconds last week. Cassa Loco haven't heard of them from a long time and I have to say that I like their old style. But I like the message of this song

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Dragonfly, you've mentioned Arsenium a few times. I was just looking for a few of his songs on Youtube and came across "Loca". And I recognized it straight away.... I then found out that it was him who sang that horrible song for Moldova in Eurovision 2006 Athens. I can't believe he sang it.
    I like Rumadai as well.

dragonfly93 said:

Yes yes, LOL, he could've chosen a better song, no?

I uploaded a compilation of his songs onto my blog at http://libelulita112.blogspot.com if you'd like to hear anything else (I know LOCA is there... Just ignore it xP)

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Multumesc!

I came across the movie Spanglish recently. What was it you said was the cross between Romanian and English? - Romangleza?

dragonfly93 said:

Yes, Romângleza, LOL ^^ Spanglish, like I said, was OK... I thought it was nice, but not my fave.

Is there a native speaker here who knows what a cross between Romanian and English is actually called?? Just curious.
    Last edited by dragonfly93; 06-22-2010 at 06:23 PM.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Well Romângleza is obviously the Romanian, should they use that. I suppose the English would be Romanglish.

I can actually imagine Romanians speaking some Romângleza. Since American culture is popular all over the world through music and cinema, they will probably be familiar with the language through music and movies.
    I think I've seen Inna in some videos say things like, "Hey!" and a few other words in English and then fluidly slip into Romanian.

dragonfly93 said:

Yes, but "hey", "hej", and "hei" are in most languages

Italian by far has got the most English words, and Italians love it... Experts say it'll become extinct before the rest of the Indo-European languages, for that matter .( It's a shame, really.

Andreea Bălan actuall sang a song for winter called "Snow" with her partner in a mix of Romanian and English, though only her partner sang the Ro; she sang the English

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Yes, but "hey", "hej", and "hei" are in most languages

Italian by far has got the most English words, and Italians love it... Experts say it'll become extinct before the rest of the Indo-European languages, for that matter .( It's a shame, really.

Andreea Bălan actuall sang a song for winter called "Snow" with her partner in a mix of Romanian and English, though only her partner sang the Ro; she sang the English
    Yeah, I seen Andreea's song on Youtube. I liked it.

That'll suck if that does happen to Italian. I like the sound of it.
    I think it's a shame that Latin has pretty much died out.

12. Crisa said:

Yes, Romângleza, LOL ^^ Spanglish, like I said, was OK... I thought it was nice, but not my fave.

Is there a native speaker here who knows what a cross between Romanian and English is actually called?? Just curious.
    I don't know if it's called romângleza but we have some words like : senviş instead of sandwich and other other words that I don't remember now

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by Crisa View Post
    I don't know if it's called romângleza but we have some words like : senviş instead of sandwich and other other words that I don't remember now
    What's Romanian for "hamburger" and "hotdog" ? I know they are the same in French, just pronounced differently.

14. Crisa said:

We use hamburger but pronounced as hamburgăr and hotdog we use it as it is.

And if we have to stop cuz we kinda off topic. I can answer you in the off topic thread .

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Yeah. I was starting to wonder that myself.

But if you were to just throw in some really random comment about Romanian music, it wouldn't be so off-topic, would it?

Like... I can't wait till DJ Project's new album is released.

16. Crisa said:

A beautiful old song that I want to share with you. Enjoy !

Semnal M-La fereastra ta

dragonfly93 said:

DJ Project has a new album?? OMG!!!! Gotta find it!! Thx for the heads-up!!

Crisa, I have heard that song before; it's great!!

Here's another song... It's been around for a little while, but I really like it

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

DJ Project has a new album?? OMG!!!! Gotta find it!! Thx for the heads-up!!
    Well I've heard there is to be a new album. There's bound to be if they've already recorded to songs with Giulia. I just don't have a clue when it comes out.

19. Crisa said:

Dragonfly that's a nice song you've posted .

And because you've said that you like Chilian 10 song here's are some songs from him . His songs are great

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Has anyone here heard "Oare" by Inna or the Crazy Win version?

I'm so annoyed because Inna recorded it and now it's owned by Crazy Win. Inna's version is sooooooooooooo much better.

Here's the links for Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFJNTz0ahxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-ZmI8QXcIw