Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Thread: Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Tags: None

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    I only noticed because Dya pointed it out on the Learning Romanian forum!!! hehehe... I have a LOT to learn
    How could she tell that you spoke with an accent if this is all in text?

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    How could she tell that you spoke with an accent if this is all in text?
    If you weren't following the conversation, I asked why the phrase "multă energie" was pronounced as "yenergie", and she said it shouldn't be unless you are Moldavian

I don't speak much Romanian, I mostly listen, understand, and sing
    Last edited by dragonfly93; 02-19-2010 at 05:19 PM.
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

dragonfly93 said:

Hey, if anyone here wants free Romanian music, check out www.ten28.com for both English and Romanian songs--they have downloads of the top hits, as well as complete albums!

4. Crisa said:

@ Crisa: By the way, if you like rap you should listen to "Dulce" by Mahay and Radu Sîrbu. I like the song, although the lyrics are rather strange and maybe nonsensical Another good rap song is Oops… Eroare! / Oops… Error! by Andreea Bălan.
    Dragonfly no offense but those songs have nothing to do with rap ( I heard them on radios when they were out) someone talking over a sound is not rap ....Rap is more than that....And I don't listen to that kind of music...

When I said rap I was referring to : Zale, Guess Who, Parazitii, Katana ...

dragonfly93 said:

Oops! Hehe, i guess since it's not usually what i listen to either, i consider it rap thanks for pointing out though!

Îmi place vocea Alexandrinei Hristov
    Last edited by dragonfly93; 02-20-2010 at 04:52 PM.

mike123 said:

I know i'm wrong, but i generally consider someone talking "in rhyme" over a sound to be rap. Not a big fan at all of this sort of thing.

I play musical instruments so I tend to require some sort of melody when I listen to music. And I consider a singers voice as much an instrument as I do a violin or piano. So, if his vocal pitch isn't moving up and down and sustaining for a defined number of beats, then I have an impossible time paying attention to it.
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decât răspunsul.

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    I know i'm wrong, but i generally consider someone talking "in rhyme" over a sound to be rap. Not a big fan at all of this sort of thing.

I play musical instruments so I tend to require some sort of melody when I listen to music. And I consider a singers voice as much an instrument as I do a violin or piano. So, if his vocal pitch isn't moving up and down and sustaining for a defined number of beats, then I have an impossible time paying attention to it.
    I agree! But I do like the songs that I mentioned, although it's atypical for me and neither technically singing NOR rap! I play guitar, piano, and sing, so I agree with you.
    Last edited by dragonfly93; 02-22-2010 at 11:53 AM.

mike123 said:

I play guitar and piano. I can't sing if my life depended on it though :P

This is a nice song. Its not romanian, but greek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2vJmsO0vM

dragonfly93 said:

By the way, who do you think will win the Eurovision in Oslo this year?

mike123 said:

:-S I have no clue. I don't watch TV so I don't get to follow anything.

dragonfly93 said:

:-S I have no clue. I don't watch TV so I don't get to follow anything.
    Same. That's why I asked

So I looked online today on the Eurovision Song Contest site. It said that March 6th this year is Super Saturday, with finals for Romania and Moldova!!!! I hope to at least hear about it I will try to stay posted.

Here is the Eurovision Song Contest link, one of the news articles says something about Super Saturday.

12. Crisa said:

Many consider taking in rhyme over a sound to be rap ....If so anyone can do it
    But rap is more than "taking", it has to do with skills, etc

I do agree with you that a singer voice is very important. I cannot listen to a song which have a great melody and the singer's voice doesn't expresses some emotions or feelings. I like the singers that put a lot of passion on the lyrics they sing....
    I don't know if you understand what I try to say ....

dragonfly93 said:

I understand what you mean, I totally agree about singing. But I personally find there are two kinds of rap: organized rap, with a strict rule of rhythm and emotion, and semi-rap, which is talking over music.

mike123 said:

Same. That's why I asked

So I looked online today on the Eurovision Song Contest site. It said that March 6th this year is Super Saturday, with finals for Romania and Moldova!!!! I hope to at least hear about it I will try to stay posted.

Here is the Eurovision Song Contest link, one of the news articles says something about Super Saturday.
    Thanks for the link. I'm, of course, cheering for romania

mike123 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Crisa View Post
    Many consider taking in rhyme over a sound to be rap ....If so anyone can do it
    But rap is more than "taking", it has to do with skills, etc

I do agree with you that a singer voice is very important. I cannot listen to a song which have a great melody and the singer's voice doesn't expresses some emotions or feelings. I like the singers that put a lot of passion on the lyrics they sing....
    I don't know if you understand what I try to say ....
    I think you meant skillz :P Sorry for the bad joke

Yes, I understand perfectly and agree. Emotion and passion for a good singer makes the song great.

16. Crisa said:

I understand what you mean, I totally agree about singing. But I personally find there are two kinds of rap: organized rap, with a strict rule of rhythm and emotion, and semi-rap, which is talking over music.
    Yes it;s true what you have said. Unfortunately nowadays rap (I'm referring to the US rap) is just talking over music.

@mike132 apologizes accepted

mike123 said:

US "gangster" rap is far too negative. So hateful and angry or distrubingly exploitive toward woman. If it weren't so mainstream I think it would be more acceptable in my mind. Music is far to influential to encourage such hatred/lust, etc. It's like taking advantage of a responsibility to do good that you were given. IMO of course.

dragonfly93 said:

US "gangster" rap is far too negative. So hateful and angry or distrubingly exploitive toward woman. If it weren't so mainstream I think it would be more acceptable in my mind. Music is far to influential to encourage such hatred/lust, etc. It's like taking advantage of a responsibility to do good that you were given. IMO of course.
    Yeah, that's why the only rap I listen to is the semi-rap, and not from the US! Although I admit to liking Boom Boom Pow, though I'm not sure what genre that is considered. Techno semi-rap? Hip-hop/Pop?

I generally don't even listen to semi-rap.

mike123 said:

Yeah, that's why the only rap I listen to is the semi-rap, and not from the US! Although I admit to liking Boom Boom Pow, though I'm not sure what genre that is considered. Techno semi-rap? Hip-hop/Pop?

I generally don't even listen to semi-rap.

I've never even heard of it!!

dragonfly93 said:

I made that term up