Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Thread: Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Tags: None

dragonfly93 said:

I have no idea... So just click on "social group"!
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

mike123 said:

found it! mersi
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decât răspunsul.

dragonfly93 said:

Ah, yes, I saw you Mulțumesc for joining

dragonfly93 said:

@ Stevo and everyone else: I'm sorry to confuse everyone! I just realized, after all this time... It seems I got Elena Gheorghe and Elena Baltagan mixed up a little; the first is a soloist, the second is/was (?) part of DJ Project!! Ex-DJ Project Elena released the DJ Project songs in the UK under the title "Elena", including the hit Privirea Ta and its English version, Before I Sleep. Sorry...

5. Crisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    @ Stevo and everyone else: I'm sorry to confuse everyone! I just realized, after all this time... It seems I got Elena Gheorghe and Elena Baltagan mixed up a little; the first is a soloist, the second is/was (?) part of DJ Project!! Ex-DJ Project Elena released the DJ Project songs in the UK under the title "Elena", including the hit Privirea Ta and its English version, Before I Sleep. Sorry...
    Elena Gherghe was the soloist of the salsa/latino group Mandinga , and she left for a solo career. Elena Batlagan is not a part of Dj Project since last year. Her place was taken by Giulia Anghelescu.

dragonfly93 said:

Ok, thanks!!

7. Crisa said:

Don't mention it

dragonfly93 said:

Bună tuturor!!

Just curious to know what everyone thought of Romania's and Moldova's Eurovision entries?

selinutza said:

Bună tuturor!!

Just curious to know what everyone thought of Romania's and Moldova's Eurovision entries?
    romania was super, and moldova should have got a better place in the final..
    i liked both entries

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Bună tuturor!!

Bună!
    I was in disbelief when Romania weren't in the top 5 at one point. But in my opinion, I think 3rd place was a good spot for them. I would have probably put them there myself.

I think Azerbaijan should have won it with the song itself but obviously performance on the night is always a key issue and that's probably where they failed.

I really liked Denmark's song and I would have had them for 2nd or 3rd.

Turkey, I hadn't heard their song until the night but I quite liked it. I would have had them in the top 5.

I think France and Serbia could have finished higher up the table. Maybe not so much France as their song was quite simple and lacked good lyrics. Although it was quite catchy.

I don't know how Armenia finished so high. Didn't really rate their song.

I think Moldova's song was OK. I liked the saxophone parts. Although it sounded like an average song you would find on a Clubland CD.

The UK finished last simply because the song was rubbish. We got Pete Waterman to write the song because he had hits with Kylie Minogue etc. during the 80s. - That was the 80s. This is now! We need better song writers!

dragonfly93 said:

Hehe, I agree with you, Selinutza I'm surprised Moldova placed about the same as it did last year, when this year's song was much more contemporary and quite catchy!!

By the way, welcome!!

Stevo: 3rd place is EXACTLY where I figured Romania should be; I was happy enough with the results, although I would have placed Turkey first, and I was surprised France wasn't so hot on the charts! I liked Ireland and Iceland, glad both made it to the finals... I didn't particularly care for Serbia, although it wasn't bad. I thought Belarus and Serbia would end up at the bottom, but I was surprised the UK was last... I thought they would place closer to 15 or 20...

Turkey's visual was rather creepy, but the song was excellent! I had had qualms about it at first, but the peformance went well! I'm surprised that a few entries didn't make it, but overall, I liked the top 25 maybe better than last year's pick. I'm still not totally sold on Germany's win, though... Now Romania is reporting in the news that Bulgaria has accused Lena of copying a song of theirs, but it may be due to jealousy (Angel Si Ti was very good, but surprisingly didn't make it to finals)!

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Now that's what I call a quick reply! LOL

I think they were harsh on Russia's song. It wasn't the best but it certainly wasn't the worst. I think it was nice
    Booing them was nasty.

I don't reallly think Spain should have been given a second chance as Jimmy Jump's stage invasion hardly affected their performance.

Germany's entry was fine although I absolutely hated the accent. I would never have had Germany down as a winner. Her accent was some sort of strange mix of Cockney English, Irish, Australian.
    A lot of singers in Eurovision have accents when singing. But usually their own native ones. Not a strange, horrible mix of other countrys.

dragonfly93 said:

Yes, I definitely heard the Cockney English part I'm not sure where she learned her English And she was a bit too dramatic and unprofessional (flag over head... Oh mein gott...)

Russia was decent; should have placed a bit higher... I didn't even notice Jimmy Jump until someone pointed it out after!! He wasn't completely out of the act, you know... But it's only fair for Spain to have another go; although Spain should have been given a choice whether or not to repeat-- I think they couldve scored higher without the second try.

dragonfly93 said:

By the way, I liked Lako Je Sve; wonder why it didn't make it to the finals, either... Poland's Legenda was absolutely bizarre-- as a musician myself, I couldn't decipher a musical mode or tone... Not sorry that one didn't place.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

I can't remember what some of the songs were like.

How did you view the show anyways? Was it broadcast in America or did you watch it online?

Turkey's song was good. I liked the visuals during the show.

dragonfly93 said:

Oh, it was online. The computer streaming froze up a lot until I switched to using Firefox LOL. I couldn't find anything on TV

I just meant the robot person was kind of weird, and the flashing lights inhibited the audience's ability to clearly view MaNga

Darcy said:

Buna seara girls and boys.

I had Turkey down to win with romania second and Belgium third.....yes i did download the official scorecard lol We do it every year in this house.

I didn't like germany much, her accent was just so weird. I was really annoyed that Russia got booed, it's just a nasty and petty thing to do.

England was crap, plain and simple.

dragonfly93 said:

Haha, yeah LOL! I guess I was well aware that Germany was the favoured country this year, both by Google and Rybak But still, Turkey should have won

I wasn't quite sure whether I agreed with Belgium's placement versus Denmark's... And it was interesting that Opa! was rated so highly! I liked it, but wasn't sure how high it would place. I'm sure Armenia and Azerbaijan are shoving their ranks in each others' faces again...

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    England was crap, plain and simple.
    British media:
    Andy Murray wins - He's British
    Andy Murray loses - He's Scottish

The United Kingdom comes last in Eurovision and you say England were crap. - Wow. For once, out of the millions of times, I actually enjoyed someone make that common mistake of saying "England" when they should really have said "Britain".

I do agree with you on Russia though.

Haha, yeah LOL! I guess I was well aware that Germany was the favoured country this year, both by Google and Rybak But still, Turkey should have won

And it was interesting that Opa! was rated so highly! I liked it, but wasn't sure how high it would place.
    Hmmm... I heard that Azerbaijan was the favourite. Feel kinda sorry for the girl. 17 years old and was tipped to win, only to finish a lot lower than expected.

Greece's entry was different. In a way I liked it but in a way I didn't. Probably because the guy didn't really sing much if you were to compare his song to Romania's or Azerbaijan's for examples.

Darcy said:

lol well Ireland have their own singer and wales sent a guy to sing for Cyprus so that kid sounding like a bad Rick Astley was from England...it's all in the easily ignored details lol of course if Scotland were to send a singer and he/she was any good I would claim them for the UK

The worst thing about the whole contest is that so few sing in their own language, I think it really spoils it, for one thing the words they choose in the translations just don't sound right.