Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Thread: Romanian Music / Muzica Românească

Tags: None

dragonfly93 said:

Oh, that "Cypriot" was WELSH!? HAHAHAHA!!! OMG, I didn't know that!

Scotland, I find, generally has good singers Maybe that's because any songs I have from the UK are by Scottish artists, though

I like songs in languages other than English, but many seem to prefer the opposite, sadly enough
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    lol well Ireland have their own singer and wales sent a guy to sing for Cyprus so that kid sounding like a bad Rick Astley was from England...it's all in the easily ignored details lol of course if Scotland were to send a singer and he/she was any good I would claim them for the UK

The worst thing about the whole contest is that so few sing in their own language, I think it really spoils it, for one thing the words they choose in the translations just don't sound right.
    It was the Republic of Ireland who have their own singer. A completely independant state so no objections there LOL. Northern Ireland (like Scotland, Wales and England) were represented by the UK (Josh).
    If Josh was Scottish and we won Eurovision, then yeah we'd be proud and mention that fact, but he still represented the whole of the UK, not just one of the home nations.
    There is talk of Scotland being independant for Eurovision. I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I think politically we are more liked in Europe independantly plus the UK peformers/songs have been rubbish over the past few years.

I like how the contest is so multinational with Cyprus' entry for example having a Scot, English, Welsh and of course Cypriot all in the one band. But at the same time I don't like it because it's not really a case of which nation has the best performer but more a case of which nation uses the best peformer in Europe regardless of their nationality eg. imagine in the World Cup England vs Slovakia and the Slovakian national team had Ronaldo, Messi etc. even though they are Portuguese and Argentian. - It would suck.

The translations do suck.
    As an native English speaker, I like that the songs are in English. Although it does take away part of the culture theme to Eurovision if everyone was to sing in English.
    But on the other hand, English is a global language. It's the most common second language in Europe (I think). Spaniards, Germans, Dutch (especially) will understand a song in English better than a song in Finnish.
    I admire the bravery of countries to sing in their native languages although I was annoyed with France when they forced Sebastien Tellier to add more French to his song.
    Romania's entrant, the year before Elena Gheorghe, sang in Romanian. Although I didn't like the song. I think if they had a song sung in Romanian next year with music similar to some of Elena Gheorghe, DJ Project, Laurentiu Duta, Voltaj or Andreea Balan's songs then they would have a good chance of doing well.

dragonfly93 said:

Hmm... Yes, I think Scotland should be independent for EV to prove its talent to the continent!

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    Oh, that "Cypriot" was WELSH!? HAHAHAHA!!! OMG, I didn't know that!

Scotland, I find, generally has good singers Maybe that's because any songs I have from the UK are by Scottish artists, though

I like songs in languages other than English, but many seem to prefer the opposite, sadly enough
    Germany's entry last year had an American singer (not unless that was just his accent but I'm sure he was American), Arash (Azerbaijan) is Iranian living in Sweden, Andorra's entrant was Danish, Russia's was Ukrainian (and only represented Russia because she wasn't good enough for Ukraine and her billionaire father bribed the Russian selection commity). The list is endless.

Do you know who was anounced as Eurovision's diva of this year?

Which Scottish artists do you like?
    A few I like are Leon Jackson, Darius Danesh (Campbell), Glasvegas, The Fratellis.

dragonfly93 said:

Ufff what an extensive list

Hmm.. So if I offered to write a song, they'd take me seriously?

Eurovision's diva? Ummm, no... To whom are you referring?

Oh, I haven't heard of most of those singers you mentioned for Scotland. I've listened to Maggie Reilly, KT Tunstall, Rebecca Pidgeon (she lives in the US)...

Darcy said:

"It was the Republic of Ireland who have their own singer. A completely independant state so no objections there LOL. Northern Ireland (like Scotland, Wales and England) were represented by the UK (Josh).
    If Josh was Scottish and we won Eurovision, then yeah we'd be proud and mention that fact, but he still represented the whole of the UK, not just one of the home nations"

LOL this I know, I was being tongue in cheek about only wanting a winner to represent us etc

The best Scottish band ever was Big Country, even though none of them were/are Scottish....but like I said earlier, it's just details lol

dragonfly93 said:

Hey, I'm going to sleep now, I think. And if it's late here, I'm sure it's late in the UK, too! Or maybe just early in the morn

So, noapte bună to both of you, and somn uşor! Vise plăcute

dragonfly93 said:

Hahaha! I downloaded the Eurovision tracks off the Internet, and all of them are listed under the genres of ESC and Blues, except for Germany's, which was labeled as "Rubbish" LOL

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Ufff what an extensive list

Hmm.. So if I offered to write a song, they'd take me seriously?

Eurovision's diva? Ummm, no... To whom are you referring?

Oh, I haven't heard of most of those singers you mentioned for Scotland. I've listened to Maggie Reilly, KT Tunstall, Rebecca Pidgeon (she lives in the US)...
    I've only heard a few of KT Tunstall's songs. Not heard of any of the rest.

Elena Gheorghe was named as Eurovision diva of 2009. I thought it was an official thing. Hmm...

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

"It was the Republic of Ireland who have their own singer. A completely independant state so no objections there LOL. Northern Ireland (like Scotland, Wales and England) were represented by the UK (Josh).
    If Josh was Scottish and we won Eurovision, then yeah we'd be proud and mention that fact, but he still represented the whole of the UK, not just one of the home nations"

LOL this I know, I was being tongue in cheek about only wanting a winner to represent us etc

The best Scottish band ever was Big Country, even though none of them were/are Scottish....but like I said earlier, it's just details lol
    OK... I've never heard of Big Country.

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Hahaha! I downloaded the Eurovision tracks off the Internet, and all of them are listed under the genres of ESC and Blues, except for Germany's, which was labeled as "Rubbish" LOL
    That was just nasty
    What was Russia's labelled under?

dragonfly93 said:

Hmmm, Russia was just ESC. I'm surprised that the UK didn't get labelled as such, instead of Germany

You've got to admit, that was funny, though

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

Hmmm, Russia was just ESC. I'm surprised that the UK didn't get labelled as such, instead of Germany

You've got to admit, that was funny, though
    True. And yeah, it was.

I feel sorry for Josh. He was a decent enough singer. Just had a really rubbish song.

dragonfly93 said:

Yes, I totally agree... He has a good voice, but needs to put it to better use x)

Darcy said:

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    OK... I've never heard of Big Country.
    nooooooo seriously? omg you never heard of Stuart Adamson? can I ask how old you are? if you weren't around in the 80's then that would explain it and would make me reeeeeeally old hahahaha

Darcy said:

Quote Originally Posted by smfc_stevo_smfc View Post
    True. And yeah, it was.

I feel sorry for Josh. He was a decent enough singer. Just had a really rubbish song.
    My son saw him on another tv programme singing a Sinatra song and said that Josh sounded brilliant, so it does seem he has a great voice, just a shame they gave him a rubbish song. i do hope it doesn't badly affect his career.

dragonfly93 said:

Big Country? Stuart Adamson? Ooh, I haven't heard of them/him, either... But I'm not very old LOL, I'm not saying you are, just that I was born after that time

smfc_stevo_smfc said:

nooooooo seriously? omg you never heard of Stuart Adamson? can I ask how old you are? if you weren't around in the 80's then that would explain it and would make me reeeeeeally old hahahaha
    I'm a 90s kid so no

dragonfly93 said:

You too? Haha, so am I!!

Darcy said:

lol ah ok, well i am 40 so i remember them clearly, plus i went to more of their gigs than i can remember

My son is older than you two ...damn that makes me ancient lol