hi,I have a simple question?

Thread: hi,I have a simple question?

Tags: None

anqelica said:

Default hi,I have a simple question?

I have a simple question?

why does arabian singers sings in other accents ?
    my friend told me that elissa from Lb but she sings in egptian accent ?
    how can we realize that songs are in which accent
    i noticed that egptian songs has no (j) they says (g) instead of it
    this came to my ear...
    plz someone explain to me this subject
    many thnx XXD

i wrote this on lyrics part
    i should ask here
    now im in the truth place

anqelica said:

I will go to lebanon for summer
    and i wanna learn their dialect little
    please any idea
    many thnx

3. mshehab said:

Smile

I would highly not recommend that. Simply because most non-lebanese arabs make fun of their accent. When they speak arabic, it's almost as if they are whining.
    If you really wish to learn arabic, I would advise you to head to Syria. The accents are similar but nearly no one in Syria speaks English which will force you too speak and learn to understand spoken arabic. While in Lebanon, many people speak english.
    If you have any other questions, feel free too ask me all you want. I won't be bias.

P.s I am Palestinian, so not hatred toward Lebanese, but you know..your accent lol come on!

4. mshehab said:

Wink

To answer your original post, (which i didnt see originally).
    You're correct, some Lebanese singers do in fact sing with the Egyptian accent. Not sure why this is the case, but I have my ideas. Point is as a learner (novice) it would be difficult to comprehend what accent is exactly being used.
    here are some tips:
    Eyptians: like you said replace j's with g's and instead of saying Ash(not ashes from flames, but A-sh meaning what) Egyptians would say A, as the Canadians say at the end of every sentence. it's the exact same sound.
    Syrians/Lenanese/Palestinians say: Ash, shu(like shoe) and shloan(pronounced sh-loan) all three mean what? the last word is many used by the gulf region and Iraqies.

Be advised! when speaking to someone, and you want to be polite do not say shu, this is the informal tone. Rather say, Na3am (the 3 stands for a deep throat A sound.)
    Sorry, I know it's a lot.

Hope this helps.

mesho said:

@why does arabian singers sings in other accents ?

usually they do it to increase their popularity

for example when asalah nsre sing a song in kalije dialect it called ( swaha 8lbe )

Although that she didn't like the song but she become more popular in Gulf countries

@how can we realize that songs are in which accent

it's difficult for Non-Arabic Speakers to say the difference

it's sometimes even difficult for Arabic Speakers to say the difference they sometimes mix it up

because sham dialect ( lebanese -Syria-Palestine-Jordan) have almost Similar dialect

same goes for goulf (kalije ) countries

for example if you want to say how are you in dialect

kalije ( sh'7bark)

lebanese ( kefk )

egyptian ( 3aml eeh )

and all of them means how are you

you'll really have a lot of fun in lebanese it's the most beautiful place i ever vist

if you would like to speak in lebanese dialect

just post the words you want and i'll be more than welcome to translated for you

and you don't have to worry because most of lebanese speak english and French

Quote Originally Posted by mshehab View Post
    I would highly not recommend that. Simply because most non-lebanese arabs make fun of their accent. When they speak arabic, it's almost as if they are whining.
    i really don't know where did you hear that but you are surely wrong :@

we don't make fun of lebanese i really don't know where did you get that from :/

from what i see alot of people Preferred lebanese and egyptian dialect

and dear YOU ARE A HATER i don't know what's wrong with you :@

Daydream said:

mshehab - wow no comment.. you must know a lot of biased people..

why does arabian singers sings in other accents ?
    Egypt is the most popular when it comes to music and movies.. so to increase popularity and success you will find most Artists may have at least one song in the Egyptian dialect, but it's not the same the other way around.. I cant think of any Egyptian artist that sings in another dialect..

my friend told me that elissa from Lb but she sings in egptian accent ?
    Elissa is Lebanese and she sings in both Lebanese and Egyptian

how can we realize that songs are in which accent
    i noticed that egptian songs has no (j) they says (g) instead of it
    The biggest hint is the J and G sound.. also if the song contains "shu" or "keef" it is definitely not Egyptian because they don't use those terms at all.. its little things like that here and there which can help you determine..

btw @ mshehab Im pretty sure Sa3eedi Egyptians use the term "aysh" and "shlon" means "how" not "what"
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

anqelica said:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mesho View Post
    @why does arabian singers sings in other accents ?

usually they do it to increase their popularity

for example when asalah nsre sing a song in kalije dialect it called ( swaha 8lbe )

Although that she didn't like the song but she become more popular in Gulf countries

@how can we realize that songs are in which accent

it's difficult for Non-Arabic Speakers to say the difference

it's sometimes even difficult for Arabic Speakers to say the difference they sometimes mix it up

because sham dialect ( lebanese -Syria-Palestine-Jordan) have almost Similar dialect

same goes for goulf (kalije ) countries

for example if you want to say how are you in dialect

kalije ( sh'7bark)

lebanese ( kefk )

egyptian ( 3aml eeh )

and all of them means how are you

you'll really have a lot of fun in lebanese it's the most beautiful place i ever vist

if you would like to speak in lebanese dialect

just post the words you want and i'll be more than welcome to translated for you

and you don't have to worry because most of lebanese speak english and French

i really don't know where did you hear that but you are surely wrong :@

we don't make fun of lebanese i really don't know where did you get that from :/

from what i see alot of people Preferred lebanese and egyptian dialect

and dear YOU ARE A HATER i don't know what's wrong with you :@

mesho thnx you alot
    i would like to learn lebanese accent & dialect
    it sounds to me amazing
    i don't know why
    maybe i don't understand others thats why
    ps: friends i thought lebanon more populer in songs than egpty ((( specially haifa wahba lol ))

Daydream said:

Haifa is popular usually among Arabs who are living in more "Western" countries.. Most Arabs overseas strongly dislike her for being too sexy and Haifa sings in both Egyptian and Lebanese accent.. She's also acted in an Egyptian film where she [surprise surprise] spoke in the Egyptian accent.. Same goes for Nancy Ajram..

Bottom line is.. if you want to be an extremely popular, successful, famous singer then you have to have a big Egyptian face base and in able to do that, you need to sing in the Egyptian dialect because most Egyptians may not understand other dialects, but the Egyptian dialect is widely known among most Arabs (since they are a HUGE part of Arab media)

And learn whichever dialect you please! Never let anyone discourage you from doing something :]

anqelica said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream View Post
    Haifa is popular usually among Arabs who are living in more "Western" countries.. Most Arabs overseas strongly dislike her for being too sexy and Haifa sings in both Egyptian and Lebanese accent.. She's also acted in an Egyptian film where she [surprise surprise] spoke in the Egyptian accent.. Same goes for Nancy Ajram..

Bottom line is.. if you want to be an extremely popular, successful, famous singer then you have to have a big Egyptian face base and in able to do that, you need to sing in the Egyptian dialect because most Egyptians may not understand other dialects, but the Egyptian dialect is widely known among most Arabs (since they are a HUGE part of Arab media)

And learn whichever dialect you please! Never let anyone discourage you from doing something :]
    daydream , if people talking , i cant stop them
    if there's any problem i didnt make it loool
    i asked friendly so simple question
    that what i didn't realize at all
    and still trying to understand it what's going on between you all !!
    if i make you bored , i beg your pardon lol

anqelica said:

since 2007 i'm here , but first time i felt regret to talk in here also
    peace&love

El raisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by anqelica View Post
    since 2007 i'm here , but first time i felt regret to talk in here also
    peace&love
    Do not worry , no harm is done , personally I like Lebanese dialect (and food) allot
    I am Egyptian ..

Good luck
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

Daydream said:

Quote Originally Posted by anqelica View Post
    daydream , if people talking , i cant stop them
    if there's any problem i didnt make it loool
    i asked friendly so simple question
    that what i didn't realize at all
    and still trying to understand it what's going on between you all !!
    if i make you bored , i beg your pardon lol
    problem? There's no problem dear.. I guess cuz I didn't put a smile or lol somewhere you must have misread what I meant because its a frequent issue with text talk but I just answered your questions.. nothing more