help recognizing a turkish song :)

Thread: help recognizing a turkish song :)

Tags: None
  1. sanfor said:

Default help recognizing a turkish song :)

hello there,..
    i am not turkish,. but i just came back from turkey
    in antalya i heard a track called "Passion" for "yavsaklar Grubu" .. something like that
    i am not sure of the typing
    i searched for it in google and youtube and i couldn't find it

any one can help?

2. pianoman74 said:

OMG.

Hope he/she didn't try to fool you!

Turkish "yasaklar grubu" means "forbidden group" (LOL)

(however it's written without the cedille, no ş)
    Looks that guy/girl didn't know her own grammar too well...!

OK back on topic...
    "Passion" might refer to sexual passion, so the group might indeed have been banned in Turkey for sexually explicit content!! And he/she was a Muslim(a) and didn't want to fall in disgrace before Allah, thus left the band's name undisclosed. It sounds ridiculous, but it is NOT. I am absolutely serious, because every foul jokes would offend a Muslim, and I respect their religion, even though I personally have to object to almost everything said in their "book".

muge said:

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman74 View Post
    OMG.

Hope he/she didn't try to fool you!

Turkish "yasaklar grubu" means "forbidden group" (LOL)

(however it's written without the cedille, no ş)
    Looks that guy/girl didn't know her own grammar too well...!

OK back on topic...
    "Passion" might refer to sexual passion, so the group might indeed have been banned in Turkey for sexually explicit content!! And he/she was a Muslim(a) and didn't want to fall in disgrace before Allah, thus left the band's name undisclosed. It sounds ridiculous, but it is NOT. I am absolutely serious, because every foul jokes would offend a Muslim, and I respect their religion, even though I personally have to object to almost everything said in their "book".
    What are you talking about? First of all it says "yavşaklar grubu" not yasaklar grubu and it means the band of jerks or sth. it's just a stupid joke, such a band or song doesn't exist. I don't understand how you came to subject of religion, what you say indeed sounds ridicilous.
    Söz veriyorum, her şey çok güzel olacak, sadece sen ve ben...

4. pianoman74 said:

Quote Originally Posted by muge View Post
    First of all it says "yavşaklar grubu" not yasaklar grubu and it means the band of jerks or sth.
    Ah OK, you're right I had missed the fact there was a 'r' before the 'ş' (looking like a 'v' in that 'gifted' hand, btw, lol). This changes the meaning, obviously.