Please help - Slow, jazzy cover of Lady Marmalade

Thread: Please help - Slow, jazzy cover of Lady Marmalade

Tags: find, jazz, lady marmalade, moulin rouge
  1. rellin said:

Default Please help - Slow, jazzy cover of Lady Marmalade

Hi! I heard a very slow cover of Labelle's classic Lady Marmalade in the mall the other day, it was really different from any other version of this song I had ever heard. This has really been eating my brain, and I have spent hours googling and youtubing to no avail. Here's everything I can remember about the song:

The tempo is about 1/3 of the normal speed with very slow, sweet singing, there is no thumping bass line or anything heavy about it. I think because of the tempo, the song is quite long -- and I think the lyrics are identical to the original's.

Unfortunately I can't be very specific with regards to the instrumentation -- I'm a drummer, so I tend to pay attention to the rhythm section in music, but the vocals in this version really dominate, and I can't remember anything else but that slow, haunting "Gitcha gitcha yaya dada". I can't stress how slow this version is...if you've heard it before it's instantly recognisable.

2. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by rellin View Post
    Hi! I heard a very slow cover of Labelle's classic Lady Marmalade in the mall the other day, it was really different from any other version of this song I had ever heard. This has really been eating my brain, and I have spent hours googling and youtubing to no avail. Here's everything I can remember about the song:

The tempo is about 1/3 of the normal speed with very slow, sweet singing, there is no thumping bass line or anything heavy about it. I think because of the tempo, the song is quite long -- and I think the lyrics are identical to the original's.

Unfortunately I can't be very specific with regards to the instrumentation -- I'm a drummer, so I tend to pay attention to the rhythm section in music, but the vocals in this version really dominate, and I can't remember anything else but that slow, haunting "Gitcha gitcha yaya dada". I can't stress how slow this version is...if you've heard it before it's instantly recognisable.
    This song starts out slow but speeds up...

Jolin Tsai - Lady Marmalade {2008}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKJeXgrb6_g

Dan

3. rellin said:

That's the closest I've heard to what I'm looking for so far, thank you, but the version I'm looking for is even slower than the beginning of this track, the tempo doesn't change, and it has less emphasis on drums, and the music is not electronic synthy sounds.

4. burton-fzz said:

Smile

i special create an account hear to share you what i'd seached
    (sorry for my english, a'm from russia, and very tired seaching that song all night)

this forum was on the 3 google page =)

that is what i found http://rapidshare.com/files/38052924...now_artist.mp3
    this file from some site, and there is no tags

i still don't know who perform that version, but i know that this artist has covers on other songs. i heard cd with different covers and this song was on it, but i have no chance to ask what was it.

(may be tags are written but on macintosh it's look like "Неизвестный исполнитель")

if you find who sings it - please email me, i've made a good work for you for finding song, and will be glad if you or some one email me name of artist.

burton-fzz @ rambler . ru

5. jp12345 said:

Default To burton-fzz

Dapps said:

Brilliant find jp Love it.

7. burton-fzz said:

yeeeep
    CD called "Turn the Beat down"... there are a lot of slow covers....

... finaly so glad...

http://www.emusic.com/album/Various-.../11365335.html