Default Playlist discussion

Quote Originally Posted by atmaster View Post
    Male or female artist?

Wild guesses are:

"So I Need You" by 3 Doors Down
    "Let Go" by Kristina Filippi
    "I Can't Let You Go" by Danny Kirwan
    "Heartshaped Tattoo" by Doro
    Ok, so as a moderator, I just want to teach you how this forum works.

Every floorset, one of us posts the new playlist that's currently in stores. Nothing but the songs on that playlist are played in the store. If you're going to at least Google posts/lyrics (which doesn't work too often because a good deal of artists Hollister picks don't have lyrics posted), try and match them up with the posted lists instead of suggesting totally irrelevant songs.

Thanks.

atmaestro said:

Hco471Model,

Thanks for the numerous helpful contributions you have made to this forum and thanks for my "education".

Whenever I make a song suggestion for these store music forums, I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the poster has already reviewed the provided playlists but was not able to find their song there. It has been my experience that some of the posts in this forum are not just for songs heard in Hollister’s. Sometimes the poster goes to several stores in a single day and is mistaken about which store they heard the song in.

It has also been my experience that the playlist for a clothing store is not universally identical in all of the same type stores (for whatever reason). Yes, I understand that all of the Hollister's stores are supposed to carry the same identical playlist for the same periods. Hopefully that does happen most/all of the time.

So until we all live in a more perfect world where everything and everyone works exactly like it is intended to, I hope you can be tolerant of the seemingly irrelevant (and seemingly irreverent) postings of other users and Mods.

atmaster
    Last edited by atmaestro; 03-01-2010 at 04:22 PM.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

Hco471Model said:

Hco471Model,

Thanks for the numerous helpful contributions you have made to this forum and thanks for my "education".

Whenever I make a song suggestion for these store music forums, I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the poster has already reviewed the provided playlists but was not able to find their song there. It has been my experience that some of the posts in this forum are not just for songs heard in Hollister’s. Sometimes the poster goes to several stores in a single day and is mistaken about which store they heard the song in.

It has also been my experience that the playlist for a clothing store is not universally identical in all of the same type stores (for whatever reason). Yes, I understand that all of the Hollister's stores are supposed to carry the same identical playlist for the same periods. Hopefully that does happen most/all of the time.

So until we all live in a more perfect world where everything and everyone works exactly like it is intended to, I hope you can be tolerant of the seemingly irrelevant (and seemingly irreverent) postings of other users and Mods.

atmaster
    Chances are they haven't looked at the playlist threads. It's not particularly obvious that they exist or that they contain useful information. Maybe you could unsticky that "Complete Hollister Playlist" thread (which is entirely irrelevant at this point, as that list is over 2 years old) and sticky the thread with the current playlist for us, please? It will help this part of the forum run better.

I'll help you stay up to date with it by sending you a PM when the floorset/playlist changes. The current playlist is the Spring Break one.

--
    Last edited by atmaestro; 03-02-2010 at 11:28 AM.

atmaestro said:

Hco471Model,

Thanks for the suggestions. It would be simpler (for me) if you would just start a new thread each time a new playlist is released. Just label the thread for the period of time it covers (e.g., Spring 2010). If you can identify the period that the sticky thread covers, I will edit the title appropriately and remove the "sticky".

Hco471Model said:

Hco471Model,

Thanks for the suggestions. It would be simpler (for me) if you would just start a new thread each time a new playlist is released. Just label the thread for the period of time it covers (e.g., Spring 2010). If you can identify the period that the sticky thread covers, I will edit the title appropriately and remove the "sticky".
    We do start a new thread each time. I'm just asking you to pin the current one.

Also, that "Complete Hollister Playlist" covers Pre-Nov 2008. It's commonly called the "Jukebox." So "Classic Jukebox (Pre-Nov 2008)" would be a great title. [It was built up constantly until Black Friday of 2008 when they dumped everything including the TouchTunes concept and made playlists for each floorset.]
    Last edited by Hco471Model; 03-02-2010 at 12:17 PM.

atmaestro said:

Ok. The latest playlist is now a sticky.