Thank you card in Croatian

Thread: Thank you card in Croatian

Tags: None
  1. Voljena123 said:

Default Thank you card in Croatian

Thank you for anyone in advance who can help me. I just need to translate this short message so that I may write out thank you cards for my older croatian relatives who don't understand English. I would like to say,

Dear Teta Maria,

Thank you so much for coming to my party and for your generous gift. It made me so happy to see you there. Love, Valerie.

That's it!

Thank you!!

Dangerous & Moving said:

Here you go:

Draga teta Marija!

Puno vam hvala što ste došli na moju zabavu i također vam zahvaljujem na velikodušnom poklonu. Jako me usrećilo vidjeti vas tamo.
    ''Glupost je sama u sebe zaljubljena i njeno je samoljublje bezgranično.''

''Siamo niente senza fantasie''

''Наверное мне место на луне, но страшно оставаться в темноте''

3. Voljena123 said:

Thanks for the quick response!!

4. Voljena123 said:

Thank you so much for the quick response...If I were to use the same message but this time to two people, would it be the same? If I'm not mistaken, I think the "polite" form of the verbs would be the same as the "plural" of the verbs???

Spring said:

D&M has already translated it as if you were writing about more than one person (as if 'teta' came with other people;not alone). If you want to use the "polite" form, it should be Vam and Vas (with capital V). Though, I don't think you would write to a "teta" in that form.

If you want to address only the aunt:

Puno ti hvala što si došla na moju zabavu i također ti zahvaljujem na velikodušnom poklonu. Jako me usrećilo vidjeti te tamo.