What is the song in the new Acura RDX Commerical?

Thread: What is the song in the new Acura RDX Commerical?

Tags: None
  1. krazykuul said:

Default What is the song in the new Acura RDX Commerical?

I am not talking about the ZDX commercial that has the tango-like song, i'm talking about Acura's small suv, the RDX. It is set in a similar dark city environment just like on the zdx commercial, but it came out later. The song in the commercial sounds like it would be from Moby or Kasabian, and I've heard it before, but don't know what it is because there are no lyrics.

Please Help!!!

2. krazykuul said:

found it: "Phoenix - 1901"

luckily from a top 40 rock songs video on youtube! lol.. not a good as I thought though. The beginning is awesome

3. Doc2105 said:

Default Rdx commercial song

Quote Originally Posted by krazykuul View Post
    I am not talking about the ZDX commercial that has the tango-like song, i'm talking about Acura's small suv, the RDX. It is set in a similar dark city environment just like on the zdx commercial, but it came out later. The song in the commercial sounds like it would be from Moby or Kasabian, and I've heard it before, but don't know what it is because there are no lyrics.

Please Help!!!
    The song is Rapture by Blondie

4. krazykuul said:

Default How high are you?

I just had to log in 5 years later to ask that question.

atmaestro said:

I am a little confused. Is "1901" by Phoenix or "Rapture" by Blondie the answer to your request?
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

6. rcgldr said:

The guy posted to his own 5 year old thread, not sure if he's asking about the new commercial or not. The original post is dated 2010, long before the 2015 RDX commercial with "Rapture".

I wasn't able to find the 2010 or older RDX commercial with "Phoenix - 1901" on youtube. Perhaps it was an older model RDX, but still on youtube at the time.

On a side note bit of trivia related to the 2015 commercial, Fab 5 Freddy is featured in the 2015 commercial, the third guy on the left in the office scene. At about 2:10 in the orignal "Rapture" video, he's in the background painting graffiti art on the wall as Blondie walks by.