FOR THE GUiTARiSTS: I made a tab for an unknown song, can you identify it?

Thread: FOR THE GUiTARiSTS: I made a tab for an unknown song, can you identify it?

Tags: None

kardoula95 said:

Default FOR THE GUiTARiSTS: I made a tab for an unknown song, can you identify it?

Hey!
    Okay, I only know the melody of the (remarkable) chorus of the song and I know that it's circa from 1997 - 2001. I remember that it was sung by a woman (or a girl band) and it's in English!
    I think it's something like R'n'B or Pop!
    I know, those facts doesn't help really so it's a question to the people who play guitar:

I wrote a (I think very poor) tab that describes the melody as good as I remember it... please don't laugh, I know it's very bad but maybe it's just a bit similiar to the original and maybe you know it and can tell me, from who it is, what's the name of it or even some lines of the lyrics, just everything you know about! (Edit: Someone I know says, he can remember in the chorus the words "Why ..... my love ......." but I don't know if it's true.)

This is the tab I wrote (yes, it's too bad but it's the first tab I wrote and the focus is on the melody, not on the quality!)

--------------------------------------------------
    -0-------------0----0----0-----0------------------
    ----0-1-2-3-4-----2---2----2----2--2------------
    -----------------------------------0---2----------

-8-5---0-----------0----0----0---0----------------
    -----4---0-1-2-3-4----2----2---2---2---2----------
    -------------------------------------0---2--------

I hope that somebody knows the song! I searched it for months but didn't find it :C

Edit: Doesn't really anybody knows about this song? I heard it on the radio often when I was little. I searched through many YouTube-Vids but I didn't find this song. :/
    Last edited by kardoula95; 03-30-2010 at 07:50 PM.

2. jarvis33 said:

This is pretty much a guess, because trying to play your tab reminded me of it:
    Sleeper - Inbetweener

kardoula95 said:

Lightbulb

Thank you for your help but this is unfortunalety not the song I was searching for.
    Between the first high note (I heard, the woman sings "Why") and the always higher getting notes are two 4/4 "hits", I don't know how to say this! It's the same with the other highest notes of the tab! And I remember a voice, similiar to the voice of Lutricia McNeal (I listened many of her songs but there wasn't "my" song so it can't be it) and the song itself remind me of Lutricias "Ain't that just the way" and a little bit of her song "Perfect love"! And it's from the same time in which the two songs came out! Does anyone on this planet know it? I would be so thankful!

4. bugmenot1 said:

Why don't you take your guitar and make a recording of the song? Then you can post it so everyone can hear it.

5. pianoman74 said:

i fully agree! I don't have a guitar, and this looks like a Chinese puzzle to me...

6. jarvis33 said:

Something that sounds a bit like "Ain't that just the way" is "Stole" by Kelly Rowland:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZPec6J33K8

kardoula95 said:

Question

Thank you a second time, though it isn't the song I want it sounds good. (;
    I'm sorry if I am too stupid now but: How can I put recordings in here?
    (It's weird, I completely have the melody of the chorus in my head, even the voice and the arrangement... everything except the lyrics! x[ the day that I finally find the song will be one of the best days in my life... :b)

8. bugmenot1 said:

You don't put the recording here. You upload your recording (sound file) to a site like zshare.net and post the link to your file here.

9. pianoman74 said:

heh i feel kardoula95 does not seem to have a microphone at her/his disposition...?
    Without it, this is gonna be a mission impossible.