Dance/Techno song that I can't find. PLEASE, ANYONE??

Thread: Dance/Techno song that I can't find. PLEASE, ANYONE??

Tags: None
  1. cocotutch said:

Exclamation Dance/Techno song that I can't find. PLEASE, ANYONE??

Since the year 2004/5 (yes it's now 2010 and I haven't given up) I have been looking for this dance/tecnho/pop song that goes sorta like the following;

"Stop, Drop (or Rock) and ROLL, move ya feet a-come on, stop the beat and ROLL, move ya feet a-come on, Stop the Beat and ROLL."

It had a really funky beat, and i think it was more a clubby number cause' it never made it to our TV's, but it did several CD's and Radios. The singer sounded as though she might be Black African/American due to the pitch and depth of her voice when "ROLL" was sung.

I heard it once in Timezone in my Hometown, then once in Melbourne City whilst in a store, but there was nobody at the desk to tell me what it was if I asked them. Those are the only two times that I have heard this, and I LOVED IT, but I can't find it.

Please help, anyone?

Thanks.

2. Th3Diplomat said:

try>
    Bob Sinclair - Rock this party
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NHXH4I3kvw

3. cocotutch said:

No way near that new. Sorry man, thanks anyway. It's from like 2004/5, not 2009. :-)

4. Th3Diplomat said:

Quote Originally Posted by cocotutch View Post
    No way near that new. Sorry man, thanks anyway. It's from like 2004/5, not 2009. :-)
    its from 2006

5. cocotutch said:

Noo, you must be thinking of Love Generation. The link I opened said the song was from 2009, and I remember it being released.

6. Th3Diplomat said:

try>
    Junior senior - Move ya feet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXEaGbPAHnc

7. Vacardo said:

Never made it to TVs? But I remember "Move ya feet" had a pretty funky video clip to boot!

8. cocotutch said:

It wasn't a bloke singing. A woman was singing the whole song, and she sounded Black American/African.

9. cocotutch said:

PLEASE!!?? Anyone?

The singer was definitely female, she sounded black. The beat was VERY very funky, Dance/Techno style with a bit of Instrumental in between the verses. The words I gave were like from the Chorus I think because she only said that line like 3 times.

I'm going mad here!!! I know I didn't imagine this song!

Thanks again,

cocotutch

10. Nata33 said:

try Desaparecidos vs WMJ - Ibiza

11. cocotutch said:

Veeeerrrry similar beat. Except this song didn't have the "Calabria Trumpet" in it at all. The singer sounded quite similar, so something definitely like that.

I strained my memory last night and it is Techno/Dance, But I think it MIGHT be called "Stop Drop and Roll".

12. cocotutch said:

Anyone? My Drama teacher reckons it's from the 90's now....