Lyrics Review off-topic discussions

Thread: Lyrics Review off-topic discussions

Tags: meaning of tags, tags:meaning

MoonRide*r* said:

Sk'nDeep, I wanta say I think you made a very eloquent statement about people posting and/or critiquing lyrics (etc) on ATL, and I've felt a tad guilty lately for not responding to others' contributions as much as usual, but only because I've been a little too "inwardly oriented" (plus not online quite so much) lately. But yeah I think it's hugely important (and only fair) for people to give what they want to get. It's just a "balance" thing. I totally agree on that.

But with that said, Frankie I don't think it's a bad thing for anyone at all to give a well-thought-out opinion on a lyric, because either a budding or accomplished artist should welcome an "end-user" opinion from anybody who could represent a potential/future "customer" ... and commercial success all comes down to whether something is likable or not. That can be really hard to say in the absence of music, but I kinda feel like a poet is a poet is a poet .... musical poetry does not necessarily have to be quite so tightly structured (e.g. line-by-line word-cadence) as poetry, but it can still be pretty obvious whether a lyric is "good" or not.

Now in my case, I'm quite a bit older than almost everyone else who posts in this section regularly, but it's only been in the past several months that I've "grown up" to be something that may possibly resemble a respectable writer. And if I can make that claim at all, it is very much because I received exactly the right amount of critical and "warm-fuzzy" responses from a variety of people, over the past several months.

All of that is to say that I think almost any lyrics/poetry contributor would welcome any thoughtfully-considered opinion or recommendation
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

SK'nDeep said:

Moonride42
    I agree. You have posted on my stuff. And what you said not only inspire me to keep going, It gave me strength to bare my burdens. You have seen what I wright about. I how ever try to inspire everyone if you look at my posts down Lyrics Review I am everywhere. I do admit I have not posted in every thread. but who would have the time right. lol You Know I have used wrighting as an outlet to block out the hate. I am not your typical emcee. I'm more of a John Lennon Version of hip hop. don't get me wrong though I can Battle. lol But nothing is meant by that. I only want the world to be as one. A better place for our children to grow, Less violence, And definitely less racism, Hint's the name Sk'nDeep. Because that is where beauty is found. I I have decieded to use this forum out of tons of them on the net, to lay it down. And from what I see you and Franky have good hearts...

Thank you for understanding
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep

ShadowLeeSharp said:

This is the Lyrics Review Of OTD right????
    Imaa go so off topic u wouldn't even know what in craps name hit chuu!

Ever got told before going to bed "don't let the bed bugs bite!". And in the morning you wake up with all these red dots on your skin? Erghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh idunno cuz idunno anyone that that's happened to them soi just thought I'd ask.
    ._.

Ever tried to make a frikin cool n awesome video of serving your own self a bowl of cereal? N ur all like "VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" n "BLAMMMMMM" with the milk and cereal n u finally finish after totally wasting about a good twenty minutes on serving a small bowel of cereal. All that work on trying to do your absolute best on serving the worlds easiest way of eating. And you finally realize you weren't actually recording the damn thing?

._.

Ever been alone outside at a park or somewhere away from home, and your to busy to answer your phone cause your talking to friends?
    And when your ready, to reveal seven missed calls from Tu Madre (your Mother) and all of a sudden.
    2O12. Scary Movies. Friday the 13th. World Domanation. World War 1 and 2. HELL. Even Getting Attacked by a o!
    Could not even top. Of how scary that sight of seven MISSED PHONE CALLS. From that women.

o_o

Ever had a good friend. N their little 9 year old brother came across the street to watch you and only You draw with chalk?
    Stalkerish when your a 13 year old girl ._.
    Then the sky gets a bit darkish n the clouds start forming out of completely NOWHERE? N your friends little brother says "it'd suck if it started raining, huh?" AND THEN IT STARTS RAINING. But lightly. So we stay where we are. Then! He says, "man, it'd be bad if it went down harder.." AND IT HAPPENS AS IF HE'S GOD.
    So we hide under the tree because apparently I DID NOT want to go inside. AND THEN he says "dude, what if it leaks through the leaves?" .... BEHOLD, LET THERE BE WATER LEAKING THROUGH LEAVES.
    So at that moment you just want to punch that kid!! So he begans to open his mouth for yet another call to the sky. But before that you takle him and try your best to cover his mouth with your soaken wet jacket?!?!.... Violent ._.

Wellllllllllllll that's all for now tee hee hee xD
    ImTheBaby of ATL! FearMe, RawR!!
    -This Shadow is like a homeless puppy. She'll love you in seconds. And she'll still love you no matter what even though you hurt her so badly-

roses4ria said:

Why yes that last thing you mention actually hhas happened to m. Except for right after it started lightly raining I just sucker punched him int the mouth cause I could see in his beady little eyes what he was going to say next. And I just could not let my beautiful side walk drawing go to waste. After that he ran home crying and it never rained again. :x. Of course all of the crops died and some people starved to death but my sidewalk chalk drawing still remains pretty and vibrant as ever. .

MoonRide*r* said:

Shaaadooowwww!!!!!
    You're so funny made me laugh sooooo hard and I really needed it .____.
    So are you gonna be on tonight?? I haven't been around much only because you haven't been around much lately (and if anybody else doesn't like me saying that, well ... <3) so here I be, and where are youuuu?
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

ShadowLeeSharp said:

Mas mas mas stories for your entertainment.

._.

Ever been on one of those amusement park rides where you go way up high in the sky then you drop down really really fast and it's all over? Ever thought you weren't gonna be afraid when you got on. So you act all macho n say like george Lopez
    "AI GAWT THIZ!! " ?
    Then you drop all the way down from probably maybe 10 or more stories high? Idunno or even HIGHER. And you come down screaming the one you love most's name? Like a WITTLE BABY. (I screamed my boyfranns name btw xD awh man I was terrified. Yet I was so stubborn I went on again )

Ever been in a rainforest exhibit and it says on a sign when you enter LIVE MONKEYS and your cousin's eyes widen like
    ._. = e_e= o_o = 0_0 = O__O
    then he wants to leave but you force your cousin in whom is times your own size because pretend your a 4 foot 10, 78lbs, 13 year old girl. And he's a 5 foot 7, 117Lbs, 13 year old boy. ITS KINDA STRESSFUL. And so he's all afraid watchin his back Fo monkeys while your trying to pet the Komodo Dragon crawling towards you. And the giant lizard HISSES at your cousin and he screams like a girl and later on butterflies flutter in his face witch may I add he verified it as "the butterflies were attacking him"
    And after that a bird drops a big load in other words takes a big a** crap on your cousins arm. N again
    ._. = e_e= o_o = 0_0 = O__O

He wipes the crap with his little sisters jacket.. Sick, yes. Sick. He was traumatized for a very long time hehehe xD meanwhile your having the best day of my life watching him in his misery. Then you find out the live monkeys were caged. That was nice to know

Hehe all for now I'm tired *rubs eyes like a little girlie* xD
    -This Shadow is like a homeless puppy. She'll love you in seconds. And she'll still love you no matter what even though you hurt her so badly-

ShadowLeeSharp said:

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRide42 View Post
    Shaaadooowwww!!!!!
    You're so funny made me laugh sooooo hard and I really needed it .____.
    So are you gonna be on tonight?? I haven't been around much only because you haven't been around much lately (and if anybody else doesn't like me saying that, well ... <3) so here I be, and where are youuuu?
    My Mooooooooooooooooonie! Hehe I'm glad I made u smile!! Tee hee hee.
    No sir today I was at the amusement park and it was crazy I screamed my boyfriends name (Brandon xD ) like a thousand times when I was on the roller coaster and also my signature motto THAT'S WHAT'S UP! or I would call out people like whoever was wearing a cookie monster shirt I would scream COOKEH MONSTERZZZZZZ!!!
    Lmao!!!
    OmG! I dun wanna ruin your time on ATL! I haven't been on I miss this place a lot. I miss hanging out with youm Robber, and Katie every day I miss the gang Mann <3 EVEN HOMEGROWN! My goodness that dude is AWESOME!

I'm fixing to go to sleep (wow, when do I ever say that? Sleep? Me? Pfft! But. It's true. Amusement park rides and screaming your boyfriends name when your scared till you loose your voice. Wears you out D; ) I love you big bro <33333333333 miss you

~Olivia

MoonRide*r* said:

Amusement park, sounds like you had a blast!?!? It's been too long since I did somethin like that. I mean like screaming at people and stuff, lol not really, but yeah I can imagine it was great!

Well guess what I went to sleep too, not long after I posted before, and I should still be asleep but I think your inzombnia was contagious?? coz I can't seem to sleep more than 3-4 hours lately. But I love you and miss youuuu tooooo little Miss Baby-of-ATL <33333 and my baby sister! <33333 See ya around soon
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

amaryn said:

Hahaha, Shadowy
    , whereelse can we expect you but in lyrics and amusement events, you creative tweedle daughter!
    Indeed, we miss you far too often on your own coffeeshop thread, but we'll keep in mind you might be amusing yourself for a change and not others.
    Just pop in whenever you feel like it, that's the spirit! People like Moonie , Frankie & me understand it fully<3<3<3

ShadowLeeSharp said:

Wow I am really fading away from here. Hardly even remember how to type on my iPad anymore. Much less use it..
    *giggles* course I'll always stop by Amaryn I'm the baby sister right? You, Moonie, Alex, Robber, Frankie, Katie, Homie, Eams, and MiT are my mains!! .. PM me anytime you like

Love Y'all Sillies. I'll be back ASAP

ShadowLeeSharp said:

Man.... The weirdest thing..
    My life is whacked.

I learned a couple of things about this cruel world.
    It's very deep. When I mean deep. You have to believe it fully. Because you will barley believe it ;o I barley believed it. But I got everything in seconds.

PM me if you wanna know. Cause it's about every single top of the chart celebrity out there.
    Even Eminem (it made me cry when I heard) Taylor Swift, Leonel Richie (did I spell it right?), Everyone.

12. MR.Alexander said:

hey people. ive wrote a lot fo songs for the sorum my own ideas mostly but few from other people. id like to write more songs for the forum from the people of the forum. plz send me your ideas ill gladly write the song for you. and plz look at my posts and leave comments. thank you very much

Katie13 said:

Hellooooooooooooo!
    Oh my gosh, it feels like I haven't been here for ages! God, I hate exams so much But it's all over now, thank heavens!
    How's everyone? No one's died? No one's left? Everyone okay?

Sheesh, I need to get my act together... :P
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

ShadowLeeSharp said:

Everyone disappeared!! ! I haven't been on much but this thread is nothing without Robbie, You, Me, and Moon!!!

How did the exams go??

Everything's okay even me!
    Mm hmm! Miss you!!

15. RobberBaron said:

Hi Katie, hi Shadow! My life is really messed up right now so I can only stop for a min, but I've written loads of new songs that I hope to upload sometime and I can't wait to read more of your guys songs
    I miss our conversations but everything will be back to abnormal soon enough

Katie13 said:

Excellent

The exams were great, thanks Shadow, apart from Statistics which I've probably FAILED horrendously... boo!!... even Physics was alright! :O

I think everyone's kind of melted away... hopefully we'll all melt back soon!! :P And we're going to want to read those songs soon, Robber!
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

ShadowLeeSharp said:

Robbie Haii! Katie.... HAII AGAIN :O
    I think I've melted perminitly me and Razor are writing a song together (you know what I mean right? xD )
    I'm looking foreword to reading those songs Robbie I've already read a Lott *feels proud*

And KATIE YOU FAILED? I told you Shadd, I TOLD YOU!! well not yet though, I believe you'll pass horrendously then xD

Katie13 said:

I feel left out now The songs any good, Shadow? [Betting they are, being Robber, but just like to check... ]
    I know!! Serves me right for taking Further Mathematics... I can't do Stats!! Well, I'm not getting my results till August 18th so who knows what'll happen? Maybe I can bribe the examiners between now and then...

SK'nDeep said:

This may be way off base, but We have some people looking for lyrics. they look like newbies, I have posted for one so far and now we have another one looking for them as well. Are they producers using these for songs? or students using them for school projects? who know's... Creese and I have done one for Saybers lyricals so far..Should we keep doing this? I am willing to help out anyone. I just don't want to be used and dropped.. If you get my drift..
    time is too impotant there days..Any Veiws??
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep

Katie13 said:

I know what you're getting at, Sk'nDeep. Maybe we should have a closer look at these guys before we give away our lyrics so easily...