Lyrics Review off-topic discussions

Thread: Lyrics Review off-topic discussions

Tags: meaning of tags, tags:meaning

MoonRide*r* said:

Oooooh yeah I know that feeling :-s ...... want me to hum the Prince of Persia theme or something? Think that'll help??
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

ShadowLeeSharp said:

Hmmmmmm.... YUSHH ">> xD

Omg. Sometimes I wonder. Why they make tea cups so.... Small and petite looking.
    I mean. TEA IS GOOD. okay? I can drink the whole cup in ONE GULP. They should at least make the cups a bit bigger D;

And harder if you know what I mean *aims tea cup at moon*
    ImTheBaby of ATL! FearMe, RawR!!
    -This Shadow is like a homeless puppy. She'll love you in seconds. And she'll still love you no matter what even though you hurt her so badly-

MoonRide*r* said:

They make 'em small and petite so they can fly through the air even faster and (sometimes) almost invisibly, so when they whump you on the head really fast-n-hard, you don't even know what hit you??

~ducks and runs-n-hides behind a big stuffed teapot~
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Katie13 said:

...*unfortunately, said stuffed teapot is stuffed with TNT*...
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

ShadowLeeSharp said:

Dammit!! I thought all of my dreams came true. Oh well *selects TNT button*
    ImTheBaby of ATL! FearMe, RawR!!
    -This Shadow is like a homeless puppy. She'll love you in seconds. And she'll still love you no matter what even though you hurt her so badly-

roses4ria said:

Hey so..I don't mean to be a downer with all of this awesomely awesome stories but.. ( i just need some advice )
    ever feel given up on by those that promised they'd be there?
    How are you supposed to deal with that?

Frankie Jasmine said:

SHADOWY! Here you are! I've missed you and am glad to see you again! Hope all is OK for you....
    _ _ _ _ _

@ roses4ria: Dear roses, don't feel alone. IMHO: If you feel given up on by those that promised they'd 'be there' for you . . . please first try communicating with them. Ask them privately 'what happened?' that you thought you were good friends (or whatever). Don't give away too many of your thoughts/feelings to them at this time!

If you have the feeling they may be abandoning or betraying you, they may act nice when you approach them. Proceed cautiously. They may use your own feelings and words against you later. So know what you're going to say/ask ahead of time and stick with that.

Really listen to their answer. Whether their answer is positive or negative, you can always say, "Thanks for your input," or "I'll think about that," or just say thanks and walk away. If they are outright rude, just walk away, head held up! (After all, what have you to be ashamed of?)

If the person in actuality gave up on you after promising to be there--well, this is sad, isn't it? But it happens so often in so many ways. Whatever you chose to do, gather your courage. "Self-talk" yourself that you are worthy of being supported and cared for, as well as being caring to others yourself.

Think of those people (yes! I guarantee you there are others!) who have been there for you through thick and thin. Think of them instead whenever the 'betrayer' comes into your mind!

Take your time (a long time, if ever!) before you let this person back into your tender feelings again. This is not holding a grudge; that's not what I mean. I mean merely as a self-protection. You owe them nothing except perhaps being civil, as you would be to a stranger.

Look around you and proceed cautiously in choosing your friends. Give them time to prove themselves to you before you spill your guts. [This advice I need to take myself!!]

roses4ria said:

Thanks..that helps a lot actually. I have talked to him about my feelings and it has only gotten worse. I know im gonna have to end up walking away and shutting him out but im not quite prepared for the "fireworks" that will probably come along with it. I have tried but keep failing. He knows exactly what to say to make me feel terrible about my decisions to block him out. Thank you again for your help though.

jandros said:

Hello rose. I spotted this last post of yours because Frankie's a friend of mine. I couldn't help but be drawn to comment, in part because your situation seems familiar to me, maybe a little "too familiar" and I believe I know very well how you feel. And I think the worst thing behind any situation like yours is a mutual sadness, maybe in different degrees among other emotions, but which is strongly or even oppressively felt by both? ... and it gets translated or internalized, and then expressed very differently from both of you ... and this can make it tremendously hard to have meaningful and productive communication. I myself believe in the indispensable value of communication, usually above all other things. But the most unfortunate thing is that sometimes any contact at all, any "touch" so to speak, can rekindle old emotional flames ... even a seriously conflicting rage of emotions? ... so ... maybe just as you said, maybe it does come down to shutting someone out, just so that all wounds can have a better chance to heal.

In any case, my thoughts are with you, and you can be sure of that. Best wishes for you.
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

Frankie Jasmine said:

(hi jandros!)

Dear Rose, so I should have assumed it was a guy! In "romantic" relationships things can be very complicated in the midst of it. Things get clearer the more distance you get. From what you say in your second post, it sounds as though you are communicating; however, you are not being listened to. You deserve to be heard. You listen to him, don't you? The relationship is not equal; you are not receiving the same respect you give. . . . Am I wrong--or are you conflicted within yourself?--that deep down you maybe don't want to give up on the relationship?? . . . There are many factors, and who am I to say?

Once you resolve within yourself you deserve to be treated better and that it is his behavior that is the problem (not yours), then you will be able to make a definitive break. . . . Now! You have some input from a guy and a gal! Hope all of this helps. At least you can tell--all of us have been there in one way or another in our own lives. You only struggle with the same feelings many of us have. But they're nearly unbearable at the time. I hope soon those feelings will be replaced with feelings of pride in knowing who you are, what you deserve, and not settling for less.

Thinking of you . . .

roses4ria said:

Thank you. Both of of you! I finally feel I will be able to settle things, internally and otherwise. I don't think I could have figured it out without your help and I really appreciate it. You both pretty much hit the nail on the head. I've spent way too much time beating myself up about this and I am finally going to allow myself to be done.

Tremendously grateful..
    Rose

Frankie Jasmine said:

Awwww . . . roses4ria . . . Good for you. Just remember, people can only offer ideas. You have the hard part--the decision to make. Make you own; ... then ... Own it! Make your choice work! And finally, enjoy the choice you make!

. . . You are so very welcome. I'll post to jandros that you are settling the issue in your heart; he will be glad to hear.
    Although I do not know you, I am proud of your attitude and your willingness to face a difficult thing bravely. And remember--it's your choice to make . . . Once you definitively make it--be proud of yourself!!

jandros said:

De nada rose, it's all in the "passing of the spirits" across the ether and I do hope it works out in some kind of "progressive" way. And I use that word because I think (usually very quietly to myself) ... that even in the worst of life-situations ... there is something beneficial to be learned. And even though it can be the hardest thing in the world, sometimes that's the only way to "make sense" of something.

Best to you, I truly hope it all works out for the better in the end.

Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

SK'nDeep said:

Quote Originally Posted by JustinBieberLover4Life View Post
    Bye Everyone,I can't take this!I am being accused of being "#1MWFan,which is a SERIOUS LIE!I also heard that they're rumors going around that i have brain damage,which is another SERIOUS LIE!Like what did i do to this forum.Wait,i can answer that.Nothing!I have been nice to every single one of but yet u come and accuse me out of all people for something i haven't done!I knew from the start that i did not belong here.But i tried anyway and ALL OF U were so nice and i LOVED it.I enjoyed this forum.Started a justin bieber group and got people to join and everything!I was coming to update it until i got this message saying so many rude lies about me that i just decided to leave.I KNOW i am doing the right decision by just leaving and ignoring all of u. 2012,i really don't know what i did to u seriously.I always have been nice to u.Krh.. I never said i was a prostitute,i really don't know where that came from.I know some of u r probably reading this and laughing and calling me names and a faker or a liar but go ahead,as long as i know that i am telling the truth,it's okay.I would like to thank some of my real friends on here like SmileyGal,LyricsAngel, and Makaylaaa.I can't wait to see justin bieber on friday and NO stupid lies from some 1 that doesn't know the truth r gonna put me down.I mean that.I am gonna smile at every single one of u.Krh.. (Smiling=) (I know u don't believe me but i stand strong and smile anyways).2012 (Smiling=) )(U hate me for sure but yet i smile) SmileyGal (Smiling=) ) (Thanx for joining my JB group and just being a good friend. Makaylaa (Smiling=) (U were always a friend and i wanna thank you).LyricsAngel (Smiling=) (Ur lyrics r great and it represents ur name and thank u also for joining my justin bieber group!) There r so many more of u so i am just gonna say goodbye to AllTheLyrics.(Smiling)

Goodbye<3333 From,Amberlyn
    Beauty is only sk'nDeep the rest is on book covers.
    Looks can be deceiving as raciest people with good mothers.
    But don't judge me before you know me homie.
    See my only resort was to come up through the hood gutters.
    I don't see color because of my appearance most people doubt me.
    Don't realize I’ve been chosen for the world to follow.
    Inspire the hopeless and hollow. To change their ways,
    like Pac and to look forward to better days in the world tomorrow.
    Then I hop on the forum to holla and drop a few lines.
    and what do I see on the first page, people losing their minds.
    Crucifying this person for trying to be part of something.
    Obviously not respected, .not interested in nothing said rejected.
    All reflected off of what he said you couldn't cut it with ether.
    And now he's talking like he's hot ****. Please not even with a fever.
    **** Justin Bieber!!! He ain't who makes you even if he knows you,
    Boasting that you know him makes you look as fake as Tofu.
    Just a feeble attempt for attention if you want my opinion.
    Be true to your self and some people may listen.
    Cause I see their point of view too bad the coin was double headed.
    I respect what they said especially when my time's invested.
    I spit on a thread and check it here in there.
    Trying to get opinions but only seven people care.
    You know who you are where is the rest? only about them selves.
    playing pocket pool, Posting there own stupid **** asking for help.
    When ninety percent of people are spammed like canned goods sitting on shelves
    It's not cool... The same selfish people don't want to share.
    looking for direction. Wasting time on a forum.
    It's sad cause there’s more talent here.. what plays on the radio is boring.
    So why are we not signed hmm... that’s a good question.
    Take a second to reflect what was said in this lesson...
    And if you don't see it how I see it and your a bit confused. like this is new news
    **** what you think these are Sk'nDeeps views.

This is not a song. This is what I see... Why?? you may ask....

I started posting feed back to people who wrote some pretty good stuff.
    And I wrote my own. I have had a total of seven serious people post on my songs.
    Where are the rest man? I came here to get a start... maybe some people would
    read some of the heart felt song I wrote. And appriciate the time spent wrighting and posting them on this forum.
    Maybe it will get better maybe it won't. Lets start working together on this. My time is limited but I will do my best to keep up.

Ohh... and Justinbieberlover4life this was not meant to diss you. I was meant to open your eyes. Even if you know Justin Bieber. that is cool.... I respect that... but don't boast about it. That makes you look like a sheep. Do me a favor be a wolf. Lead don't follow. Get off that dudes Johnson. He has a enough dealing with everything else is his plastic life. He don't need you hanging on his nuts you feel me.

To everyone eles.....Keep doing your best. Even if what you wright does suck... Who cares...Just make sure you post feed back on other wrightings. The only way to learn is to see how it is done. It's up to us to help you out in some way or another. You don't tell your 3 or four year old that the picture they drew sucks. No...That what crush there dreams.. We encourge them to keep trying right. The same should apply here.
    Food for thought...

I'd like to thank
    Nanashi, inskeepruler, homegrownproduction, aidanr14, katie13,onesong wayne, moonride42,
    for posting on my wrighting. You may not know it but it really inspires me to wright more.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Peace....Love.....Empathy

05/25/2011
    Sk'nDeep I'm Out....
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep

15. RobberBaron said:

Sometime maybe I'll tell you guys the story of parallel me from the past…and the missions…and the pizza…and the myx will return…

Frankie Jasmine said:

Is this the "Lyrics Off Topic Discussions"?

I put the following question to our moderators, admins, and long-time members, because I am confused: Is there a place where members [such as in the long post directly above] can submit serious grievances, suggestions, and ATL questions? or is this casual thread the place to voice such things? Certainly, I can understand someone wanting or needing to be heard by others. On the other-hand, such posts showing up in unexpected places (at least for me) is a bit startling. I am neither disregarding nor am I disrespecting anyone . . . But I hope that the mature answers to this question will help me and others too.

I answered someone's "personal" question (from the previous "page") here on the "Off Topic Discussions." It seemed the appropriate place to ask for help, since the thread is not associated with songwriting/lyrics. We never know how serious a person's plea for help is for them. Personally, I would feel delinquent not to answer a call for help for that reason. I found the question for help on a personal matter was appropriate--It was a sincere off-topic question; with sincere responses; and the result is that someone at least feels better about their situation. Hopefully, there is no objection to that.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Hey, guys! Some of you probably already know about this, but . . . Here is a thread called 'Heartbreak Club - Relationship Issues" for the type of question posted-and-answered on the previous pages of L.R. - Off Topics:

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ga...issues-17.html

I'm glad to know about this thread. Hmmmmmm.....should be i-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g-g-g-g . . . .

SK'nDeep said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Is this the "Lyrics Off Topic Discussions"?

I put the following question to our moderators, admins, and long-time members, because I am confused: Is there a place where members [such as in the long post directly above] can submit serious grievances, suggestions, and ATL questions? or is this casual thread the place to voice such things? Certainly, I can understand someone wanting or needing to be heard by others. On the other-hand, such posts showing up in unexpected places (at least for me) is a bit startling. I am neither disregarding nor am I disrespecting anyone . . . But I hope that the mature answers to this question will help me and others too.

I answered someone's "personal" question (from the previous "page") here on the "Off Topic Discussions." It seemed the appropriate place to ask for help, since the thread is not associated with songwriting/lyrics. We never know how serious a person's plea for help is for them. Personally, I would feel delinquent not to answer a call for help for that reason. I found the question for help on a personal matter was appropriate--It was a sincere off-topic question; with sincere responses; and the result is that someone at least feels better about their situation. Hopefully, there is no objection to that.
    Frankie,

I'm sorry if I posted on the wrong thread. See I'm that type person when I see something as I did on the first page, of this thread, I instantly felt like it should be addressed. I mainly express my self through lyrics as you can see. If you read every word in that post. what I was referring to was how people ganged up on that guy girl or what ever lol. I also said my peice. but I sided naturally between them both. I also thanked everyone who had show gratitude to my writings. unlike allot of people here that only post there own and look for freebee's. It's only fair that everyone looks at and posts to songs, poems, ext...That were expressed. Isn't that the main reason we are here? or is it not? I plan on helping out as many struggling lyricist and I can as long as time permits. So please to anyone who has read this. please help others as other help you. It's only fair that way. If not, Don't expect me or any one else to give you a hand. All due respect.

Thanks for your time.

Peace, Love & Empathy,

Sk'nDeeP
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep

Frankie Jasmine said:

[Please excuse the length of this post. SK'nDeep raised serious issues that deserve a response, particularly from me (since the last post is to me): ]

Dear SK'nDeep, Thank you for the above post. I understand more about you and your thoughts with this additional information. And by no means were you obligated to make a response, but I appreciate it. Also, you expressed yourself clearly in the lines of your song. It is honest and well-stated. It definitely reads as a song--with your personal truth in it. Today I am 'hearing' you.

It must be disappointing to work on a song and not receive enough feedback to continue working on it or finalize it. Hopefully, my question to the moderator(s) will yield an answer for us--if this is the thread to post serious frustrations/concerns; or is another thread already set up for that? If there isn't one, perhaps the moderator or someone whom they appoint can open it.

SK'nDeep, I'm glad to respond to your concerns. It’s just one person’s reaction, and a new member at that. People join ATL for different reasons. I found ATL while looking for lyrics to Turkish rock music, also hoping for some English translations. The ATL site is very large, with many things related to lyrics, such as learning other languages; perfecting another language; and sharing personal viewpoints on many topics, as well as the social element.

I had intentionally avoided responding to anyone’s songs because I am new; I am not a songwriter; and I am not sure how “responses” should be given. For example, it’s just as you said, I cannot know if this person is a serious, long-time songwriter who is inviting opinions from all sorts of people, or if this is a young or perhaps sensitive person who is posting a first-time song. Even if I knew which kind of songwriter was posting, I don't want to crush a budding artist, nor to insult an established one.

Only this week did I respond to two songs. The first was someone who said they wanted “honest feedback, no bull.” So, with that I felt comfortable to make a careful response. The second song (as in the case of the first) had possibility (IMHO), and there was something about it I liked.

Anyway, my original reason for coming here was not to be a songwriter, and I am sure that is the case with many people. I do not feel fully qualified/prepared to respond to most songs. Also, if I saw, “read my rap song,” e.g., then rap is not my music of choice. Rap often contains profanity, sex, drug use, and sometimes violence. …Please do not be offended; I realize that some rap is not at all as I described! Do I like the genre of rap? Definitely. Nearly all kinds of music are intriguing to me, rap included.

Perhaps I misunderstood you at first. I thought you received at least seven serious responses to your song. So, I am thinking, “Hey, that’s pretty good! Surely that’s enough feedback to run with it!” Even if there were just seven steady, reliable people helping you, that seemed to me to be a good team. (Have I assumed the situation incorrectly, then?) There may be fewer actual English songwriters than you think. There are many old posts, and some 'members' are old sign-ups, perhaps inactive.

The final point is this: I tried to imagine myself in the place of long-time serious songwriters on ATL. Over the years, no doubt many people have flown into ATL gung-ho and posted a few songs that they thought were really good. Perhaps the long-time members responded to newer people then, only to find that some new ones never returned to the site, some did not appreciate their input, and some were just plain not serious about being a songwriter. If this is true, maybe the ‘long-timers’ wait to see how serious a new person is about their songwriting, which takes time and dedication on the part of the new songwriter. They might also watch to see the person's attitude--do they feel they already know it all (I do not mean you) or post strong opinions (objectionable or thoughtless) about the music of others?

I don’t know. I am merely brainstorming about this. Someone else, I hope, can give you better answers than I. Again, thank you for your second post. You expressed yourself well.

SK'nDeep said:

Point taken well expressed. Thank you for your support.
    You are awsome....

Thanks again
    Sk'nDeep
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep