Lyrics Review off-topic discussions

Thread: Lyrics Review off-topic discussions

Tags: meaning of tags, tags:meaning
  1. trueperfectionisimperfect said:

id love it if where i live was as musically developed as nashville maybe one day lol

Eccer said:

So a question! Why the heck did Rickey Joe get banned?

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Eccer View Post
    So a question! Why the heck did Rickey Joe get banned?
    He claims it's because of a Rap Battle.He said he may have been "disrespectful"to a moderator.I notified said moderator and was told he wasn't the one who banned him or even reported him.He said he'll work on getting him his lyrics back,as Rickey didn't write them down!That's about all I know.He would like to return,but his lyrics are his main concern.

Eccer said:

Aaah, allright. ****...he didn't even write them down? :-O I have my babies safely stored on my computer at all times....

Doug Denslowe said:

Aaah, allright. ****...he didn't even write them down? :-O I have my babies safely stored on my computer at all times....
    Eccer,
    I'm calling Child Protection Agency!Babies are to have rooms and beds,not stored in a computer!Unfortunately,RickeyJoe left his "babies"on his bed,floor,in drawers,in his car,blowing in the wind.......

Eccer said:

I will give them room soon So that I might watch them on the wall when I walk around. LOL

Doug Denslowe said:

I will give them room soon So that I might watch them on the wall when I walk around. LOL
    You're going to paste them to the wall?Sounds Medieval!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 05-01-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Doug Denslowe said:

I guess Spam is now permitted at ATL.......this has been going on for days now,with no abatement in sight.watch,they'll delete this and leave the Spam......

9. LooknGlass said:

Hi all. I just wanted to point out something I have been sitting in the background watching, and it concerns the posting of lyrics. When I post a lyric, I always leave one or preferably two comments on other peoples lyrics. Many come in here and get no responses to their post. I am a member of a couple other industry connected forums, and they have a rule that for every lyric you post, you must comment on two other peoples lyrics. This encourages participation and dialog. I have noticed here, that many (if not most) people that post a lyric, don't bother commenting on other posts. Take for example today, someone came in and posted two lyrics in a row and did not comment on anyone elses. Now I don't care if mine get commented on specifically, as long as I see someone getting some feedback on theirs. If there were a rule that specified you had to leave 2 comments for every lyric posted, I think this forum could start getting busier. But a lot of peeps just give up on this forum because they get no feedback.Please believe me, I'm not being a jerk, but I have decided I will not comment or even read a post by someone who has not left a comment for someone else. This should be about helping each other become a better writer, not about just showing off your work and taking off without a word for someone else. I know some regulars here who are great at leaving comments and they know who they are, but from now on, I personally am done giving someone the satisfaction of reading their lyric and commenting when they haven't done the same for someone else in the forum. Just my 2 cents..Agree or disagree.

BackInBlack said:

I agree. I'm guilty of exactly what you're talking about though. I'll try to do better in the future.

BackInBlack said:

Yeah, that Rickey Joe feller sounds like he was a pretty good lyricist.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by BackInBlack View Post
    Yeah, that Rickey Joe feller sounds like he was a pretty good lyricist.
    He was a bad mother.......(shut your mouth)I'm talking about Rickey............

BackInBlack said:

Lol. Yeah, you can't say that on T.V.

Doug Denslowe said:

Lol. Yeah, you can't say that on T.V.
    I wouldn't want to get banned!

amaryn said:

I agree. I'm guilty of exactly what you're talking about though. I'll try to do better in the future.
    I have been very active on Lyrics Forum in the past, due to that fact I suppose I have had 77.000 visitors on my wall in 3 years: I do answer when they write.
    I have my own poetry threads, on which there are very few faithful visitors though- Doug, Patrícia, Teshka and Frankie to mention some of the most active, and I have indeed also found it hard to post and visit too many threads because of lack of time.
    Even so, I apologize too for the fact that I have overlooked some of the most active lately.
    Let us give it another try to do better as well as we can, shan't we?

Esa Myllylä said:

I see many readings, but nobody rating the lyrics, that's all about the forum, get reviews and comments.