Please translate Ekrem Jevric Gospoda Kuca Poso to English

Thread: Please translate Ekrem Jevric Gospoda Kuca Poso to English

Tags: None
  1. azrachimpanzee said:

Default Please translate Ekrem Jevric Gospoda Kuca Poso to English

Please translate to English! Thank you so much!!

Evo, zivim u Njujorku gradu
    zivim, radim, a i samo radim

REF.
    Kuca – pos’o, pos’o – kuca
    kuca – pos’o, pos’o – kuca
    eto, sta znam – nista ne znam
    a dje da znam

eto, sta znam…

Oj, Njujorku, ubila te tama
    sto dozvoli zena da vam vlada
    u tebi je pas do pasa, beton do betona
    kroz ulice zena bataljona
    kroz ulice zena bataljona

REF.
    a dje da znam

eto, sta znam…

Jooj, Njujorku, budi svijetli grade
    izbaci sve zene sto rade
    izgubise djecu, to imanje
    oj, Njujorku, ti veliki grade
    oj, Njujorku, ti veliki grade

REF.
    a dje da znam

eto, sta znam…

2. milan92 said:

Smile this is surely one of the worst song in serbian

now i live in new york city
    i live work but only work
    home work work home
    home work work home
    that what i know,i do not know anything
    and what should i know?
    than the same kuca poso except there is no eto sto znam nista ne znam
    oh new york darkness should kill you
    when you let woman govern you
    in you there are lot of dogs
    in the streets army of women
    home work work home same like 1 ref
    oh new york fire(make them to quit theyr jobs work) all the women
    than same ref
    Last edited by milan92; 04-28-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: they lost theyr childern

3. Semlin said:

Although my English is not that stellar, I'd say the first translation is pretty crude and not exact enough for my taste... The song itself is an absolute nonsense of course and on the abysmal low level, but frankly speaking, it's that bad it's almost funny, I just couldn't help myself watching it, it's simply HILLARIOUS. So here it is, the (hopefuly) better translation:

Here I live in the city of New York,
    I live, I work and I work only

REF: Home-work, work-home
    Home-work, work-home
    Behold what I know - I don't know anything
    And how should I know

Home-work, work-home
    Home-Work, work-home,
    Behold what I know

Oh, New York, may the darkness kill you
    For you let a woman rule you
    There's dog to dog and concrete to concrete in you
    Bataillons of women throughout the streets

REF:

Oh, New York, become a bright city
    Throw out all the working women
    Who lost children and property,
    Oh, New York you great city
    Oh, New York you great city

REF:

As I said, it's simply ABYSMAL - even worse then the serbian song from the last Eurovision song contest "This is the Balkans"... Back then I thought it just can't get any worse, but it obviously can... It's like you would ask them "You can't possibly make it worse, can you?" and they do their best and answer "YES WE CAN"... So I won't say it can't get any worse, for I bet even worse will come with time ;-)
    Last edited by Semlin; 10-04-2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Typos...

4. azrachimpanzee said:

if you thought kuca poso was a nonsense song, check out his new one "Gola Gola" (See attached lyrics)

Gola Gola - Ekrem Jevric ft. Svabo Smit

Andjelina, Severina, ni Edova bomba
    ne mogu joj prici
    mogu glumci neki,
    marke i evrici

Znam pokrece je temperatura
    i ovo more puno ljetnih avantura.

Sta bi sve s'tobom volio da radim
    razmisljam u plicaku dok se hladim
    a malo dalje cuju se trubaci
    pjeva Ekrem a ti se mala svlaci.

REF. x2
    Gola, gola, skini mi se gola
    mozes gomba, mozes i do pola
    ja sam ovdje turista
    budi malo budi nudista

Gledam kako odbijas momke
    ti si cvijet Palma de Majorke
    i dok setamo padaju maske
    a ti ucis me neke rijeci spanske

gola, gola ne bi da te molim
    pola-pola, mogu da te volim
    htio bih da te vidim golu
    moze krevet, moze i na stolu

REF. x4
    Gola, gola, skini mi se gola
    mozes gomba, mozes i do pola
    ja sam ovdje turista
    budi malo budi nudista

5. Semlin said:

Well, this may be on the same abysmal level, but to be honest I'd say it's not an absolute nonsense - he wants to see her naked, either half naked or totally naked, and he wants even more than that from her, either in the bed or on the table.

So it does make some kind of sense ;-)

But for God's sake, what means "gomba"? I simply don't get it... Is it some kind of a local idiom or is it some newly forged word which didn't even exist 20 years ago?
    Last edited by Semlin; 10-05-2010 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Typos...

Princeshë said:

why noone see sence in song kuća - poso... ? it has sence ofcourse

most of people go in america to have better life...they thing that everything is like in films...but when they came there they see that life is hard and you must work all the time to survive.. and so on...it has sence..
    Eiii !! FLEJ FLEJ ×ĐĐ

7. Semlin said:

Sorry but IMHO that's nonsense too... The usual "from dishwasher to millionaire" story involves 3 crucial things - 1. hard work 2. more hard work and 3. even more hard work. So if he thought he can come to New York and become rich just like that, then he's just an idiot and idiocy seldom make sense... Sorry but true...

If he doesn't like how it is, then he can go back to wherever he came from, nobody holds him in chains in New York, right? Back home he would still be poor but I don't think he wouldn't have to work there for a living, just on the contrary, he would have to work hard too but for much less money. So it is plain obvious he himself thinks he's got better in New York then at home, but he complains nevertheless... What a hypocrite...

There's a saying something like "If you can't sing then hold your mouth shut" ;-)

P.S. WHAT MEANS "GOMBA" ???

8. Eudaimon said:

Haha I think it was made for lulz on purpose. One just can't make this bad music seriously.

Citycat said:

Gomb can mean button (of Hungarian origin http://translation.sensagent.com/gomb/hu-sr/).

miki444 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Semlin View Post
    Sorry but IMHO that's nonsense too... The usual "from dishwasher to millionaire" story involves 3 crucial things - 1. hard work 2. more hard work and 3. even more hard work. So if he thought he can come to New York and become rich just like that, then he's just an idiot and idiocy seldom make sense... Sorry but true...

If he doesn't like how it is, then he can go back to wherever he came from, nobody holds him in chains in New York, right? Back home he would still be poor but I don't think he wouldn't have to work there for a living, just on the contrary, he would have to work hard too but for much less money. So it is plain obvious he himself thinks he's got better in New York then at home, but he complains nevertheless... What a hypocrite...

There's a saying something like "If you can't sing then hold your mouth shut" ;-)

P.S. WHAT MEANS "GOMBA" ???
    it's human to complain, why would you take that basic right from immigrants?
    do you even know the meaning of the word "hypocrite"?

11. Semlin said:

Yes I do. Do YOU?

I certainly won't take any rights from him, but if he doesn't like it, he's welcome to go as well as he's welcome to come.

You like it in Munich, don't you? You have your job, your house, your car, your flatscreen TV, etc. etc. Do you go around muttering "Scheiss Deutschland" and complaining about how bad you have there, but staying there nevertheless?

Why don't you go back where you came from? If it's bad in Germany and better there, what keeps you in Germany? Obviously you have it better in Germany then you had or would have where you came from. So you should be happy being where you are and don't complain.

If you still have an urgent need to complain, so do it, but don't wonder if you're called hypocrite then.

12. ina said:

Ljudi, to je samo pesma. Čovek radi i zarađuje, ali nema privatni život, tj. nema vremena za privatni život. Oseća se sam u mašineriji velegrada, da više ne vodi svoj život niti je ispunjen, pa čovek pokušava da se uzdigne nad svojom mukom praveći humor, jel? Niko tu ne kuka u pravom smislu, već tužno konstatuje i miri sebe sa svojom mukom.

A ovo nije problem samo emigranata, već svih ljudi koji rade puno i nemaju vremena za sebe. Univerzalni problem...

13. Semlin said:

Sure it's a universal problem - either you have lots of time but no money, or you have (hopefuly) lots of money but no time. Time is nothing without money, but money is nothing without time. Just like in the commercials for the car tyres (can't remember which) it says "Power is nothing without control".

If you have neither power nor controll, then you're a goner. If you have to work a lot, but still earn little money, it won't make you happy of course. Then you should look for a better job instead of wasting time and energy on complaining. If you have no skills needed for a better job, then sorry pal bad luck, keep whining...

This is all understandable. What annoys me is this mentality of complaining just for the sake of it. If you don't like it, you should do something about it, change something, whatever, not just sit there and do nothing but complain. If everybody were like this, the mankind would still live in damp, cold, smokey and smelly caverns and complain about having to go hunting bears and mammuts day and night...

By the way, haven't you noticed Mr. Jevric isn't complaining that much about having too much work, but more about seeing so much working women in the streets and in the city, and at most about a female mayor. I'd say he'd be much happier if all the women would stay at home and wait for their men to come home. THEN he would be happy to work day and night I assume...

ARBEIT MACHT FREI ;-) (not in earnest)

P.S. I stick to english because it's a kind of international site, sure I could have answered you in serbian/croatian but the rest of the world wouldn't understand what we're talking about...

14. Semlin said:

Quote Originally Posted by Citycat View Post
    Gomb can mean button (of Hungarian origin http://translation.sensagent.com/gomb/hu-sr/).
    Aha, it's the same then like the Croatian or Slovenian "gumb"

http://translation.sensagent.com/gumb/hr-sr/

Firstly I thought it must be some synonym for "whole" or "fully" - he wants her fully naked or at least half naked. But now I see it has slightly another meaning - he wants her to take something off - at best everything, half would be fine too, and even if she takes only one button off, it would still be something...

miki444 said:

Yes I do. Do YOU?

I certainly won't take any rights from him, but if he doesn't like it, he's welcome to go as well as he's welcome to come.

You like it in Munich, don't you? You have your job, your house, your car, your flatscreen TV, etc. etc. Do you go around muttering "Scheiss Deutschland" and complaining about how bad you have there, but staying there nevertheless?

Why don't you go back where you came from? If it's bad in Germany and better there, what keeps you in Germany? Obviously you have it better in Germany then you had or would have where you came from. So you should be happy being where you are and don't complain.

If you still have an urgent need to complain, so do it, but don't wonder if you're called hypocrite then.
    Hypocrite would be if he said that the life standard in BiH is much better than in the US, just complaining about something is not being hypocrite.

I do complain about germany a lot, and i don't see why i wouldn't? it's far from flawless after all...
    you think only because my parents come from the balkans i have no right to do so? ***?
    why shouldn't i be able to complain about things that aren't good, only because some place else is worse???? that doesn't mean that it couldn't or shouldn't be better...

you know, if we all were content with the present situation and would never complain we would still live in damp, cold, smokey and smelly caverns and hunting bears and mammuts day and night...
    Last edited by miki444; 10-21-2010 at 04:55 AM.

miki444 said:

Hundred thousands of years ago in a cave there were living Mujo and Haso,
    Mujo said, "Dude it's so cold in this cave i'm freezing" Haso agreed and after some time they had the idea of using the fur of animals to warm themselves. The idea was good and soon the whole tribe was wearing animal fur and skin.

At the same time in another location John and Jim were also living in a cave and they had the same problem...John said "dude it's freezing, it's so cold in this cave" to which Jim said "if you think it's cold in the cave why don't you go outside to live in the woods you hypocrite!". After a couple of years John, Jim and their tribe became extinct.

Citycat said:

Aha, it's the same then like the Croatian or Slovenian "gumb"

http://translation.sensagent.com/gumb/hr-sr/

Firstly I thought it must be some synonym for "whole" or "fully" - he wants her fully naked or at least half naked. But now I see it has slightly another meaning - he wants her to take something off - at best everything, half would be fine too, and even if she takes only one button off, it would still be something...
    Yeah, that's what I think. In Serbian gumb is archaic for button, and that's why I thought that he meant button. He's thinking "If you can't take everything off, at least unbutton your shirt so that I can't see your boobs" lol

18. Semlin said:

Mr. H. had no luck with women and remained single for years. At least he got merried one day. For the rest of his life he kept complaining about his wife. In his words she was dumb, ugly, fat and couldn't cook a bit. Yet had sex with her each day nevertheless and ate the meals she prepared each day too. He just kept complaining. Now and then his wife asked him why he's still with her, if she's that bad. Why he's still having sex with her if she's that ugly and dumb? Why he's still eating meals she prepared if they're that loathsome. Then Mr. H. would tell her to just shut her dumb mouth up, bring him a beer and get undressed. One day he came home and found out his wife has left. She met a nice guy who liked her a lot and enjoyed her meals. Mr. H. spent the rest of his life alone in his messy appartment, lived off frozen pizzas and canned beans, died from a heardstroke eventually, was eaten by his dog, his remains were found some half year later and nobody ever remembered him again. He never learned what "hypocrite" means.

19. Semlin said:

Long ago Mujo and Haso were living in a cave. It was cold, damp and smokey. In time they learned to use animal skins to make them warm a bit, invented even stone spearheads with which they could hunt bears and mammuts more successfully, but remained in the cave and just kept complaining day and night and remained cavemen for the rest of their lives.

In the nearby cave lived Hans and Franz. One day they decided thay had enough of this cold, damp, smokey place. They built a wooden house near the lake with a thatched roof, stone fireplace and a chimney. They abandoned the heavy spears and invented bows and arrows with bone arrowheads. In time they tamed animals, learned how to sow and reap grain, and the rest of their tribe moved out of the cave too and built a whole village around their house.
    Last edited by Semlin; 10-22-2010 at 08:57 PM.

miki444 said:

In the nearby cave lived Hans end Franz. One day they decided thay had enough of this cold, damp, smokey place. They built a wooden house near the lake with a thatched roof, stone fireplace and a chimney. They abandoned the heavy spears and invented bows and arrows with bone arrowheads. In time they tamed animals, learned how to sow and reap grain, and the rest of their tribe moved out of the cave too and built a whole village around their house.
    ...and why did they decide to build a wooden house and invented bows and arrows? because they were content with what they had? no! because the old stuff was not good enough and they looked for ways to improve it...

look, if you had a company would you rather your customers leaving you without giving a reason or them staying with you and telling you how to improve your products?