Hande Yener - Bodrum/ Demet Akalın - Bu Benim Partim

Thread: Hande Yener - Bodrum/ Demet Akalın - Bu Benim Partim

Tags: demet akalın, english translation, hande yener, turkish

Robster1983 said:

Default Hande Yener - Bodrum/ Demet Akalın - Bu Benim Partim

Merhaba everyone, is there someone who might do the trouble of translating these songs of Hande Yener and ? It will be greatly appreciated!
    Totally off-topic; I hope both will release these songs, for they might be THE summer hits of 2010 in Türkiye! (Unless Bengü comes up with a new single again :P)

Çok teşekkürler!!!

Hande Yener - Bodrum
    Keşkelerin olmadığı bir yerde
    Yaşamak isterdim
    Yalanların aktığı bir yerde susamak isterdim
    Senin olmadığın ülkelerde
    Yaşanmak isterdim
    Zamanının olmadığı bir günde
    Buluşmak isterdim

Bana bir yere vize verecek kişi
    Çok çok çok çok
    Seni bana hep rezil edecek kişi
    Çok çok çok çok

Bodrumada gittik beraber
    İstanbulda da yaşadık
    Sorun şehirlerde değildi
    Biz tam yalandık
    Senle ben en yoktan zamandık

Bu Benim Partim
    Bu benim partim
    Tüm dostlarımı davet ettim
    Giyindim birazda süslendim
    Şık olmaya özen gösterdim
    Bu benim partim

Bugün benim için önemli ve özel bir gün
    Işıl ışıl görünmeli hep gülmeli yüzüm
    Her şey zarif güzel hatta kusursuz olmalı
    Sevenlerim beğenmeli buradan mutlu ayrılmalı

SiLvEr_MooN said:

Bodrum is mine! I have already started

Robster1983 said:

Quote Originally Posted by silver_moon View Post
    Bodrum is mine! I have already started
    Wow, either you're name is Pocahontas (since you are faster than the wind), or you're telepathic. :P I'm going to thank you just for that, because either way: you rule!!!

SiLvEr_MooN said:

LOL
    Almost finished! Just struggling for that last confusing sentence

Robster1983 said:

Btw, Demet's song is from her album "Zirve 2010". May I ask what she means with this title? To me, it could be translated as 2010 Summit, or as (the) Top/Climax (of) 2010. :s

Robster1983 said:

Hmm, Hande is sometimes just like Bengü, right? Bengü (via Serdar Ortaç) and Hande have a gift of releasing albums/songs that are quite cryptic, isn't that so?

SiLvEr_MooN said:

BODRUM*

I would like to live
    At a place where there are no “if onlies”
    I would like to get thirsty
    At a place where flow the lies
    I would like to get older
    In the countries where you don’t exist
    I would like to meet up with you
    On a day when you don’t have (any) time

There are many people to give me a visa
    So many so many so many so many
    (And) There are many people to put you to shame
    So many so many so many so many

We went also to Bodrum together
    We lived also in İstanbul
    The problem was not the cities
    It was us that was all a lie

The time we spent together was the worst of all
    The time we spent together was the sh**test of all**

*A famous holiday destination in Mugla and Mugla is a city in the south-western Turkey
    **That is the sentence she sings through the end of the song, the sentence which includes a “bip” sound for she says the word “sh**”

And a final note: I translated it according to the sentence syntax in English. I’m saying this because she doesn’t start the song with saying “I would like to live” but with “In a place where there are no if onlies. If I translated it as “In a place where there are no if onlies I would like to live” it would sound strange as you see.
    Last edited by SiLvEr_MooN; 12-11-2010 at 12:20 PM.

SiLvEr_MooN said:

Hande has already mentioned that she will release it in summer and I hope she will do so.
    Yeah, you got the title of Demet's album right, she wants to say something like "I'm on top this year, 2010". I haven't listened to her whole album, just heard "Tecrübe" and didn't like it much. Hande rocks as always!!!
    Actually songs of Hande aren't cryptic but so are Bengü's (because most of them belong to Serdar Ortaç ).
    Just the songs composed by Hande herself are cyrptic, she is not good at writing songs.

I LOVE HANDE!!! (as you see) lol

Robster1983 said:

I just thanked you twice... Is that possible? Well, I did it!
    But, er.. I couldn't find the first * (the ** I understood; just write down 'sh**', and it's not hard to guess what one means ).

"Tecrübe" isn't the best song of "Zirve 2010", in my (humble :P) opinion; that song is "Bu benim Partim". Of course, it's about nothing (I've tried translating it myself, coming up with that she invites everyone she likes (her friends), and that its her party (help still wanted )), but still...

Hey, didn't Demet and Hande burried the hatchet (made peace) recently... Or something like that? Great photos of them two, pulling eachothers hair out!

And indeed, Hande rulezzzz!!!! The moment that I can't find her cds here in the Netherlands, I will go to İstanbul again, and buy it there if I have to! Not that it's bad to be in İstanbul; people should go to İstanbul just for İstanbul anyhow, it's one of my fave cities on the planet!!!

Again, totally off topic: I have a friend who is semi-right wing, and used to complain about 'all these Turks in the Netherlands'. When I said I was planning of traveling to İstanbul, he thought, and then asked me: would you mind me coming along? I was like: Are you sure that you want to go? I mean, with how you think and all. But he said that he heard nothing but great stories about that city, so if I was willing to let him go, he would certainly want to go. Well, alright then.

It has been little over half a year now since we've been there, and he keeps asking if I might be interested to go back to that city again (anytime, duh!). Furthermore, he likes Turkish music and/ or DJs now! He totally became a semi-other person after İstanbul (in a good way, that is).

So yeah, both Hande and İstanbul RULEZZ!!!

10. ercmnt said:

Bu Benim Partim
    This is my party

Bu benim partim
    this is my party

Tüm dostlarımı davet ettim
    i invited all of my friends

Giyindim birazda süslendim
    İ got dressed, slightly fancied up

Şık olmaya özen gösterdim
    i paid attention to be chic

Bu benim partim
    This is my party

Bugün benim için önemli ve özel bir gün
    Today is an important and special day for me

Işıl ışıl görünmeli hep gülmeli yüzüm
    My face shall be flaring and always smiling

Her şey zarif güzel hatta kusursuz olmalı
    Everything must be elegant, beautiful even perfect

Sevenlerim beğenmeli buradan mutlu ayrılmalı
    My fans must like it and happily leave here (*meaning when its over when they are leaving they must be happy for the time they spent, not happy for leaving :P )

Robster1983 said:

ercmnt, çok teşekkürler!!! Slightly over one hour, and I've got not one, but two translations! İstanbul = Warpspeed city; both the city and its people go faster than the speed of light!

12. ercmnt said:

it is always a pleasure.

SiLvEr_MooN said:

Oh, my carelessness again, damn it! I’m translating a song and after a few days, what a mistake a did a few days ago suddenly crosses my mind and I try to find that translation I made here as soon as I can and then finally edit it. You can see tens of translations editted a few days later after being translated if the translation belongs to me and I send a pm to the one who wanted the translation Now, I highlighted what’s that “*”
    Actually, as I said before, I didn’t like that “Tecrübe” song (translated by me before, here: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/tu...n-tecr-be.html) But it doesn’t mean that I will go on disliking it as I fall in love with most of the songs I don’t like before
    Yes, they made peace in fact but Demet stil may be having some hidden purposes on choosing such a name for her album
    I have bought Hande’s album as soon as it was released! Loved it, it’s great!
    I wish I were so rich as to send her albums to you from here but poor me Still and still a student
    I would also translate “Bu Benim Partim” but I knew that it was already grabbed by someone when I started translating Bodrum

Robster1983 said:

Hahaha, so you meant Bodrum?? My brother went to that city, in fact, he visited Türkiye three times (the other times was to... ***think think*** I think Alanya and Marmaris). So I already knew that it was a popular holiday destination.

And no worries: I have my adresses from were I buy my 'foreign' music. There used to be an online Turkish CD-shop in Rotterdam, but that one has been sold. So now I found a new one in The Hague (Lahey in Turkish)! And the funny thing is: if they don't have it, they will order it for you! But the cds of Hande and Demet were 'hot' and 'asked for', so the day after they were released, they were being sold here.

Hey, but what do you think of Hande's change in style? I have heard many people saying that they liked either her Türk pop, or her electronic phase. :s They both don't seem to like this cd (it has still sold 60.000+ and counting, though! )

To me, this cd is on top of everything, together with "Nasıl Delirdim?". The other two albums were a little bit too dark, and too short for me.

SiLvEr_MooN said:

I just LOVED her new style, it's great, at least better than pink panter
    After she declared that she will make a little return to her old style, pop, many of her fans who liked her electro style were disappointed but now it seems and I read from their comments that she didn't disappoint them and they still love her, even with her new style. Most people are content with that album, they think she made a good return, better than expected.

I loved this one, too but I don't think it's better than "Apayrı". Her voice was even better at that time. That electronic adventure did nothing but just weakened her voice (that's what i think)
    And yes, the previous two albums were the worst of her career, I even didn't bother to buy them.