Hande Yener - Çöp/Bi Gideni Mi Var?/Boşa Ağlayan kız/Neden Ayrıldık?

Thread: Hande Yener - Çöp/Bi Gideni Mi Var?/Boşa Ağlayan kız/Neden Ayrıldık?

Tags: None
  1. uykutulumum said:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    Totally agree with you as far as Apayrı is concerned! This record is like a perfectly polished diamond - no scratches or imperfections to be found.

However, I also like her latest album very much, especially the slow songs and I perceive Neden Ayrıldık as the pearl of this collection. I admit that as compared to Apayrı this album is somewhat modest or lacking the richness of its artful predecessor but at the same time some of the compositions or arrangements at Hande'ye Neler Oluyor are simply brilliant from the purely musical point of view. Sinan Akçıl is a very creative composer and surely capable of creating something valuable even when having very scarce root material. Sometimes less is more and this is how I see her latest album.
    Which arrangements are you thinking of? I thought Neden Ayrıldık sounded exactly like "Bir iz Gerek" (except that the latter is better...) And had the album had more of an acoustic vibe to it, which it didn't, I would definitely agree with you. If you're going to have some dance/funky tunes I think harmony is quite critical to give the music dimension! But oh well hehe. Listen to Bir iz gerek and tell me if you hear it too!

Paul Orhan said:

Sevgili Uykutulumum, the arrangements don't only concern the instrumental layers but also how it is sung by the singer, her/his intonation, the sequence of verses and choruses, the intros, etc. And given the minimalist instrumentarium applied at Hande's latest album, both Sinan and Hande have created a very rich record, indeed. Especially that her magnificent voice was used as an instrument in its own right.

But instead of speaking let's watch the attached video - this thread now looks much more complete to me, wouldn't you say?

Selamlar to all Hande fans and admirers!

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by uykutulumum View Post
    Listen to Bir iz gerek and tell me if you hear it too!
    I love it. Thank you for recommending!
    Vallahi, she had a higher voice then!
    Oh, I so much wish I could buy this record but it's so hard to find
    I was very lucky to get "Apayri" at some Austrian internet shop but "Ask Kadin ..." seems to be sold out completely...

Robster1983 said:

Quote Originally Posted by SiLvEr_MooN View Post
    This album is not her best but still a good one, at least better than her last two albums before that one. "Apayrı (Utterly different)" is far better than any other album in her career. It is really "utterly different"!
    I beg to differ, obviously. I reckon Hande at her best when she released «Nasıl Delirdim». She did something that was not yet precedented in Turkish (pop) music: releasing an all-pop/dance-pop/dance/electronic album, and combining it with a TOTALLY new image!

Some say she's the Lady Gaga of Turkey, but I reckon that Lady Gaga is the Hande Yener of the US!
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

Robster1983 said:

BTW: did you all knew this song: [oh9_kjvE_5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh9_kjvE_5A[/video]
    It's from her «Nasıl Delirdim» era, and was given away to some other artist (I have to ask Pınar, some Turkish friend I have in the Netherlands, which artist it was, again… maybe someone else knows it? :P).
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí