Page 101 of 132 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2635
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss daisy View Post
    Oh, i forgot,,,
    ''bidiffi2'' means ''with warmness''
    The ''bi'' is equal to ''with''..it's usually put before nouns to show the usuage of this nouns while doing the verb..seems complicated but let me expplain
    '' ana etkalemt bihedou2''
    Means : I spoke calmly/quietly..
    ''hedou2'' is a noun and means ''calmess''
    So when we used ''bi'', we showed that he was ''calm'' while doing the verb ''talk''

Another example,
    ''ana masheet bisor3a''
    Means : I walked quickly..
    ''sor3a '' means ''speed''
    So, we mean that I was walking with ''speed'' while doing the verb ''walk''
    I hope i made it clear
    Yes it is

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZAREK2581 View Post
    تسوى=comes from verb "sawaa" =to have the worth of

Ex: ده ميسواش=dah mayeswaash=This is not worth

Ex:متسواش بصة ليهة=mateswaash baSSa leeha=it is not worth a glance (at her)\(looking at her)

تفضل comes from verb "feDel"=to stay ,to remain",be left.
    Can mean also "to continue",go on (doing something) the equivalent for Syrian Dialect is
    ضل=Dall

Ex:انتي عايزة تفضلي معاهم=ente 3ayza tefDale m3ahom=You(female) wanna stay with them

ملهوش=this is what confuses students a lot during studying EA

Let me separate all this words:

ما=it is negation word means "no"

لهو=for him (it is ل+ pronoun هو) ,for female will be لها=laha

ش=this is negation in Egyptian Arabic always comes with "ما"=maa

So ملهوش= means there is no......"

ضم=to embarce,to join ,unite(depends on context)

هي ضمت ابنها لصدرها=heya Dammet ebnaha l-sadraha=she embraced her son

Enjoy
    Czarek I wanna see your Passport!!..U gotta be kidding when U say I am polish U gotta be Egyptian!! ...Or May be U were an Arab in ur previous birth

Jokes apart...Thanks a lot

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by songlover26 View Post
    Czarek I wanna see your Passport!!..U gotta be kidding when U say I am polish U gotta be Egyptian!! ...Or May be U were an Arab in ur previous birth

Jokes apart...Thanks a lot
    you are welcome anytime

Just you know I like helping ppl a lot ,and especially you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

Thanks Viva

I used el because when I type I think in english and then translate in Arabic

and here I wished to say

Cooked her The most delicious food ever. that's why I added EL
    and in the second case

She was the angel of Joy - so an EL there corresponding to the THE in English sentence.
    Of course! You do not need to explain yourself, I do the same when I am trying to write in spanish

However you reminded me of something, the more, most in arabic goes like this:

Pretty - 7elo
    Prettier - a7la

Delicious - lazez
    Most delicious - Alaz

nice - lateef
    nicer - altaf

With more practise you'll be able to pick up the pattern

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VivaPalestina For This Useful Post:
    songlover26 (01-08-2011)

Thanks

Viva tabasomat bidif2 so thsi Bi is equivalent to english to
    as in Smiled to
    I think Daisy has already explained that bi = with/in
    Another word that we also use instead of bi is fi, which I think you've already come across?

Fi dif2 = in warmth, i.e with warmth
    Bi dif2 = with warmth

Fi albi = in my heart
    Bi albi = in my heart

I thought this might help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss daisy View Post
    *sigh* fine gagan!! No more miss heartbreaker..kasam se..
    You know, that haule haule is what brought me down
    Oh dear dear gagan thank you! I was wondering when someone would take pity on poor Viva's heart!!

Thanks

I hope Czarek doesnt mind, just more emphasis on where you went wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Gagan
    The above part is too tricky for a poor soul like me I will start withe para 2
    Nothing is hard when you put your mind to it

As the distressed woman was none other than the Angle of Joy, Farah Who had come to put Viva's generosity to a test. She started eating, relishing every bite and within no time emptied the platter.

kanat elmara al3'albana malakato alfar7a, Farah, wgat 3ashan timti7en karam Viva. Balashat akl w kanat tatlaziz fi kol ma3laqa, w khalast sa7naha bisor3a

"I haven't eaten since many days and I am still hungry. Can I have some more?"

"ana ma akolet ayy haga ba2ali ayam katheer w lissa ga3anah. Momkin tedini akhtar?

"Sure!" replied Viva. Though deep down she knew that there wasn't a single grain left in the kitchen....

"Akeed!" tajawabet Viva. lekin guwaha areftha de fil MaTabkh ma kan fi aye haga titakal

The parts in red are extra bits you have added in that need to be cut of, I left them in so that you may see the mistakes in case you didnt understand Czarek's post

So she went into the ktchen started thinking of a way to serve her guest in the best possible way...Just then an idea struck her...

hiya ra7at lel MaTabkh wa fakarat ezay hatgeeb akl lel dayf...w fag2atan igat-ha fikra...
    Last edited by VivaPalestina; 01-09-2011 at 03:23 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VivaPalestina For This Useful Post:
    songlover26 (01-08-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    I think Daisy has already explained that bi = with/in
    Another word that we also use instead of bi is fi, which I think you've already come across?

Fi dif2 = in warmth, i.e with warmth
    Bi dif2 = with warmth

Fi albi = in my heart
    Bi albi = in my heart

I thought this might help
    Of course It Helps

Thanks

wgat 3ashan a little bit more Info about it please (if possible in Arabic script because that gives a better idea of pronunciation )

heya Dammet ebnaha l-sadraha=she embraced her son

Part VI

So she went into the kitchen started thinking of a way to serve her guest in the best possible way...Just then an idea struck her.......

Through the back door of her house she went straight to her apple feilds. There guided by the moonlight she tried to pluck the best apples she could. When her basket was full she returned.
    She placed the basket full of apples in front of the lady and said, "Forgive me miss, I am out of food, Hope these apples will satisfy your hunger."
    "Oh! Apples I love apples replied the lady jubilantly" and started eating with delight.
    But in no time apple basket was empty too! but the lady was hungry still.
    So again Viva went to the fields and brought her another basket, this continued many times till not a single apple was left in the field of the host!.....

fi el baab el waraya beytha hiya ra7t fil el haql el tuffaha. There guided by the moonlight she tried to pluck the best apples she could. Lamma el shalla +ha (her basket) malyana ergaha wa 7atat-haoddam el imraa w 2olha " Smathini ya Anneisa! ma andsh aye akl (any food) bil MaTabkha delwatty lekin tendi tuffaha henna...Ta2mali (I hope) huwa satisfy your hunger
    "Ya Salam! Tuffaha! Behibi tuffaha giddan!." jawabet el imraa mabsoota.
    . Balashat akl w khalast sa7naha* bisor3a kaman!! El imraa kannet lissa ga3inah!
    Tab Viva Ra7et tany el haql khodet tuffaha wa 7atat odamaha, This continues for.....

All yours guys
    Last edited by songlover26; 01-08-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Thanks

wgat 3ashan a little bit more Info about it please (if possible in Arabic script because that gives a better idea of pronunciation )

Take all the waget you need

هي ضمت إبنها لصدرها

heya = she
    damat = held (this isnt the literall holding, this is hugging)
    ebnaha = her son

Thanks

جلس املِكُ ينصت باستمتاع إلى حديث وزيره مستشاره الحكيم الفيلسوف

My try

sat and listened to the learned minister and adviser....

Thanks

جلس املِكُ ينصت باستمتاع إلى حديث وزيره مستشاره الحكيم الفيلسوف

My try

sat and listened to the learned minister and adviser....
    Great job!!
    Some small corrections
    ''the king listened interested to the speech of his minister,his advisor, to the wise philoshoper''

15. The Following User Says Thank You to miss daisy For This Useful Post:
    songlover26 (01-10-2011)

Thanks

Thanks

أخذ يحدثة عن الصداقة و الصدِقاء وحقوق كلّ صديق على صديقه وواجباته نحوه حتى تدُوم الصداقة بينهما.
    و كيف أن الصديق الحقيقى

My try

well lots of talk about friends and friendship.....

و كيف أن الصديق الحقيقى = How is a True friend

Thanks

Thanks

أخذ يحدثة عن الصداقة و الصدِقاء وحقوق كلّ صديق على صديقه وواجباته نحوه حتى تدُوم الصداقة بينهما.
    و كيف أن الصديق الحقيقى

My try

well lots of talk about friends and friendship.....

و كيف أن الصديق الحقيقى = How is a True friend
    Yes, you're right It's all about friends..but the last sentence is missing, or you cut it before the sentence was complete, because it means '' and how the good friend ...''
    As to the rest:
    ''he talked to him about friendship and friends, and every friend's duty to his friend, and his rights from his friend so that that frienship lasts.and how the good friend...''

18. The Following User Says Thank You to miss daisy For This Useful Post:
    songlover26 (01-10-2011)

Thanks

Thanks Farah There were so many sadeeqs and sadeeqats I got confused

Yes about the last sentence you are correct...I will post the complete sentence soon

Thanks

Thanks Farah There were so many sadeeqs and sadeeqats I got confused

Yes about the last sentence you are correct...I will post the complete sentence soon
    Haha!! You're welcome
    No problem at all gagan, i would be confused too , If I were you

Thanks

جلس املِكُ ينصت باستمتاع إلى حديث وزيره مستشاره الحكيم الفيلسوف. وأخذ يحدثة عن الصداقة و الصدِقاء وحقوق كلّ صديق على صديقه وواجباته نحوه حتى تدُوم الصداقة بينهما.

Help needed for Highlighted words

و كيف أن الصديق الحقيقى- إذا اخلص لِصديقة يكون أصفى مِن الأخ اشقيقويحق الأنسان ان ياتمنه على ادق اسرار حياته

My try

How a true friend is there for his friend till the end....??.... and knows all his secrets.

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

Part VI

So she went into the kitchen started thinking of a way to serve her guest in the best possible way...Just then an idea struck her.......

Through the back door of her house she went straight to her apple feilds. There guided by the moonlight she tried to pluck the best apples she could. When her basket was full she returned.
    She placed the basket full of apples in front of the lady and said, "Forgive me miss, I am out of food, Hope these apples will satisfy your hunger."
    "Oh! Apples I love apples replied the lady jubilantly" and started eating with delight.
    So again Viva went to the fields and brought her another basket, this continued many times till not a single apple was left in the field of the host!.....

fi el baab el waraya beytha hiya ra7t fil el haql el tuffaha. There guided by the moonlight she tried to pluck the best apples she could. Lamma el shalla +ha (her basket) malyana ergaha wa 7atat-haoddam el imraa w 2olha " Smathini ya Anneisa! ma andsh aye akl (any food) bil MaTabkha delwatty lekin tendi tuffaha henna...Ta2mali (I hope) huwa satisfy your hunger
    . Balashat akl w khalast sa7naha* bisor3a kaman!! El imraa kannet lissa ga3inah!
    Tab Viva Ra7et tany el haql khodet tuffaha wa 7atat odamaha, This continues for.....

All yours guys

Well i still wait when Czarek is gonna to appear in this story

Here is mt try

Heya ra7et lel 7o2ool a-toffaa7 3an Tareq bab al-khalfe baytha.kaanet betdollo be-daww2 al-2amar ,haawalet te2Taf/(betlemm) afDal no3a men at-toffa7.Lamma sabat kaan malyaan heya raj3at lel-beytha

She placed the basket full of apples in front of the lady and said, "Forgive me miss, I am out of food, Hope these apples will satisfy your hunger

7aTTet sabat malyan be-toffaa7 2addam sett wa 2aaletlaha.Saame7ne ya madmawazel,al-akl kheleS,batamanna enno at-toffaa7aat de teshb3ak (or teshb3a joo3ak)

Oh! Apples I love apples replied the lady jubilantly" and started eating with delight.

Ah! Toffaa7at ,ana be7abb toffaa7at ,raddet as-sett be-sa3aada wa ebtadayt takol be-bahja

Fe wa2t daa sabat fedet barDo,as-seet kaanet ja3aana lessa

3ashaan keda Viva raa7et taane lel 7o2ool a-toffaa7 wa jaabetlaha sabat taane,dee haalat istammarat lel-ghaaya mafaDeltsh walla toffaa7 3end haql Viva

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CZAREK2581 For This Useful Post:
    songlover26 (01-10-2011)

Thanks

جلس املِكُ ينصت باستمتاع إلى حديث وزيره مستشاره الحكيم الفيلسوف. وأخذ يحدثة عن الصداقة و الصدِقاء وحقوق كلّ صديق على صديقه وواجباته نحوه حتى تدُوم الصداقة بينهما.

Help needed for Highlighted words

و كيف أن الصديق الحقيقى- إذا اخلص لِصديقة يكون أصفى مِن الأخ اشقيقويحق الأنسان ان ياتمنه على ادق اسرار حياته

My try

How a true friend is there for his friend till the end....??.... and knows all his secrets.
    Well, ''akhaza'' literally means ''took'', but it used in the meaning of ''went on''
    So he means '' he went on talking''
    ''7okook'' means rights..

About the translation، you're right about the secrets part, but the firsy part wasn't exact..
    ''aand how the true friend, if he was honest and loyal, would be better to his friend than his own brother, and the friend has the right to tell his friend the details and secrets of his life.''

25. The Following User Says Thank You to miss daisy For This Useful Post:
    songlover26 (01-10-2011)

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

Part VI

All yours guys
    Just few remarks :

In my opinions some of the English sentences are formed a bit strange

*Through the back door of her house she went straight to her apple feilds(wouldn't be much easier like this

"-She went straight to her apple fields through the back door of her house="This style o translation is incorrect "fi el baab el waraya beytha hiya ra7t fil el haql el tuffaha."
    Just try to form sentence as they should be done

*-There guided by the moonlight =something is missing here I guess .Here you mean "they were guided ,right???or She was guided(they went to together???)

*Lamma el shalla +ha (her basket) malyana ergaha wa 7atat-haoddam el imraa w 2olha .
    When her basket was full she returned.She placed the basket full of apples in front of the lady and said

1)if you want to use word"basket" =salla and say"her basket" you need to know that it is feminine form so it shoudl be like "salla+t+ha=sallatha>EGyptian equivalent is "sabat"

2)you skipped verb "was" (kaan/or kaanet) whatever you will choose(masculine or feminine)

3)ergaha=first of all -again the tense is incorrect.

You used in your story past tense so let me explain it again.First ,all the form given in every books as infinitive is 3rd form (masculine).So u need to find verb "to return,come back" which is

رجع=raj3a ( and as I said before when you want to change into feminine form you need to add
    "t"" in the end of masculine verb="raj3at"" =she came back,returned

4)al-imraa this is very MSA try to stick to word" sett" which is used in EA

5) 2olha=again verb قال=Qaala(in EA 2ala-for masculine)
    Feminine form قالت=Qaalet(in EA 2alet) when you wanna add "her or him
    قالتله=she told him
    قالتلهاshe told her

It would took long time to make all your corrections
    Are you taking any course of Arabic now?
    In my opinion you are choosing very difficult things for translation
    They way you translate every sentence is tangled,and confuses me much
    I think we should change a bit way of your studies and start with something new
    and easier

All the best

Page 101 of 132 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast