Looking for Greek pop song + lyrics, got only phonetics :)

Thread: Looking for Greek pop song + lyrics, got only phonetics :)

Tags: None
  1. pianoman74 said:

Default Looking for Greek pop song + lyrics, got only phonetics :)

Hey there,

as I'm writing, I only got the phonetics.
    I've already found some greek songs by googling lyrics, but these lyrics are really hard, because they use a lot of common phrases that still leave you behind 5000 hits or more sometimes ...

Female singer, alto voice.
    Phonetics go like this, approximately: (beware, must have a hell of mistakes!!)

mi me rotas na sou po na s'agapao
    sto i pató te kai plikó thi ka kolí
    na sa sto pono mou esena na kitaó
    kai na fonaso ka nai lekhi pou monei

i mou sitaso xrono piso na gyriso
    po thelo do so ma kai teinato autó
    einai kalytera kai mena na afiso
    na kolou fisito tikó ti seri sikó...

Hope you get something out of my scribble. Thanks a lot in advance, and sorry for butchering your beautiful Greek language
    Last edited by pianoman74; 05-16-2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: stresses added

BleakHeart said:

Consider this option:

http://www.stixoi.info/stixoi.php?in...&song_id=31540
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD-jLDK7O50

...and this:

http://www.stixoi.info/stixoi.php?in...&song_id=20374

any other help? It doesn't matter if it was a female singer, the original song could be a male singer.
    "I have fear for nothing and I have hope for nothing, I am, therefore, free."

Nikos Kazantzakis

3. pianoman74 said:

Thank you very much for the help, neither the Grigoris Bithikotsis nor the Anna Vissi one hit the mark, the melody was completely different in both!
    Tempo was rather slow ballad style, 85 bpm something.

Well!
    You know what? Lemme hum this thing:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/76166093abc75bde/

Chances are pretty good that the song is NOT (yet) found as lyrics in the net. If so anyway, then there must not be more than a handful of places. Or I shall be *very* surprised...

P. S. on stixoi.info, you cannot search for lyrics excerpts (I mean in the middle of the song or so), can you?!
    Last edited by pianoman74; 05-16-2010 at 12:28 PM.

BleakHeart said:

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman74 View Post
    Thank you very much for the help, neither the Grigoris Bithikotsis nor the Anna Vissi one hit the mark, the melody was completely different in both!
    Tempo was rather slow ballad style, 85 bpm something.

Well!
    You know what? Lemme hum this thing:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/76166093abc75bde/

Chances are pretty good that the song is NOT (yet) found as lyrics in the net. If so anyway, then there must not be more than a handful of places. Or I shall be *very* surprised...

P. S. on stixoi.info, you cannot search for lyrics excerpts (I mean in the middle of the song or so), can you?!
    Yes you can, but you have to use google, as the site itself doesn't have a search function.

Look here for details how: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/719727-post6.html

Meanwhile, the tune sounds familiar, but I have no idea what it is, I'll explode if I don't find out!!!

Nikos Kazantzakis

kmmy said:

im 100% sure i have the song! and as bleakheart said the tune sounds so familiar! ill try to find it as well .. at the begining is smth with tanan me skotoneis ligo ligo tanannaan offff i thought is vissi but no... and again as bleakheart said.. ill die if i dont find out the name of the song .. so ill start now to search it among 529 songs lol

6. pianoman74 said:

love you guys !!
    I'm patient.

Quote Originally Posted by BleakHeart View Post
    Yes you can, but you have to use google, as the site itself doesn't have a search function.
    <details snipped>
    Thanks, but I *DID* ask for a page-internal search as found on 1000s of forums, of course.
    That Google "workaround" just sucks balls, let alone that it will NOT index each and every lyrics page. They have a perfect and performant MySQL/PHP setup as I read on their FAQ sub-page, so why do they make us use Google?!? Naw. Oh well.

BleakHeart said:

In case it helps...

mi me rotas na sou po na s'agapao - Μη με ρωτάς να σου πω αν σ' αγαπάω
    sto i pató te kai plikó thi ka kolí - Στο είπα τότε και πληγώθηκα πολύ
    na sa sto pono mou esena na kitaó - μες τον πόνο μου εσένα να κοιτάω
    kai na fonaso ka nai lekhi pou monei - και να φωνάζω κάθε λέξη που πονεί

i mou sitaso xrono piso na gyriso - μη μου ζητάς το χρόνο πίσω να γυρίσω
    po thelo do so ma kai teinato autó - το θέλω τόσο μα και τι μ' αυτό
    einai kalytera kai mena na afiso - είναι καλύτερα και μένα να αφήσω
    na kolou fisito tikó ti seri sikó... - ν' ακολουθήσω το κακό το ριζικό

Last edited by BleakHeart; 05-16-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Nikos Kazantzakis

8. pianoman74 said:

thanks a ton !!! (I didn't know I was so close...)

BleakHeart said:

Actually, I'm not sure I got it totally right, but it makes more sense this way. Also, it may "ring a bell" to anyone who might see it. It doesn't for me...

But yes, you did a good job with the transcription.

Nikos Kazantzakis

10. pianoman74 said:

Thank you for the compliment and all your efforts - very appreciated!

11. pianoman74 said:

Well, what did I say! Someone would sooner or later stumble on my poor excuse of acoustically understood lyrics (and BleakHeart's devoted efforts to get some sense out of that) and now some connoisseur really SOLVED it!

Φούλη Τζελέπη - Αχ και να ξερες
    Fouli Tzelepi - Ah kai na kseres

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvd_Z-0TC5Q

And as far as my further researches go, this song was never released and only exists as a promo (end of February 2009), together with the song Δε με τρομάζει (De me tromazi). That's possibly the reason why there is no lyrics anywhere to find.
    Maybe she got eventually dropped by her record company (insufficient record sales -> insufficient conditions to stay in contract -> good-bye) - telling from all the web sites related to her which seem to be orphaned. A pity, because she actually got quite a good voice.

---

OK enough of my talk, here's the corrected lyrics, none of which came from me (obviously )
    (only first verse available for now, though)

(verse 1)
    Μη με ρωτάς να σου πω αν σ'αγαπάω
    Στο είπα τότε και πληγώθηκα πολύ
    Μέσα στον πόνο μου εσένα να κοιτάω
    και να φωνάζω κάνει λιγή υπομονή.

Μη μου ζητάς τον χρόνο πίσω να γυρίσω
    το θέλω τόσο μα είναι αδύνατο αυτό
    είναι καλύτερα την μοίρα να αφήσω
    ν' ακολουθήσω το δικό της ριζικό ...

(chorus)
    Αχ και να ξερες τι ήσουνα για μένα
    Αχ και να ξερες τι ένιωθα για σένα
    ‎Ήσουν όνειρο γλυκό που κάθε βράδυ,
    γινόταν άστρο φωτεινό,μες το σκοτάδι.
    Last edited by pianoman74; 07-13-2011 at 10:37 AM.

kmmy said:

i forgot about this thread but as i said before... i have the song even though i wasn't thinking about this one back then =)))))