80's late to 90 song I cannot find

Thread: 80's late to 90 song I cannot find

Tags: 80s, ballad, hard, rock
  1. PChammer said:

Default 80's late to 90 song I cannot find

Hi,

For me to ask anyone about a song means I am going absolutely crazy trying to figure it out. What I have done so far was search every lyric site, Google every phrase\lyric I can think of, tried humming and singing the song in song search, tried song tapping the song, been searching for days now and I've had enough.

I heard this song somewhere back in 89-90, or around there, perhaps a bit earlier but not later for sure. It was a heavy metal\hard rock band which I have no idea of the name. They didn't seem to be one of the more popular bands but were still known "somewhat" where I live. Yes, it was on cassette. It wasn't a fast song, it was more of a ballad of sorts but not real mushy either. I can't remember much of it and please understand, it's been a long time so the lyrics or "parts" of lyrics I believe I recall may not be exact which makes this even harder. So anyway, what I believe to be some of the lyrics are...

"I never seen nobody like you, blah blah blah, the time I met you, it's true, oh yeah, blah blah blah I'll always be there for you, it's true, it's true... "

Now, I know this is little to nothing to go off, so if anyone has the time or a clue, by all means, please let me know but being how little info I understand if nothing comes from this.

Thank you,
    PChammer

Trimbaud said:

alright, it doesn't fit the 'mot popular' tag - but scorpions 'no one like you'?

3. PChammer said:

Quote Originally Posted by Trimbaud View Post
    alright, it doesn't fit the 'mot popular' tag - but scorpions 'no one like you'?
    Thank you for the response but nope, that's not the one. I don't recall them being even that popular to be honest.
    Since I can't produce the tune, the closest tempo and type of musical notes or sound I can think of would be like the following...

United: by Judas Priest
    and
    When I found you: by Pretty Boy Floyd

and to try and "type the type of beat" lol, ^ means higher, > means lower... sorry but best I can do ATM.

^bum bum,.. bum bum, > bum bum, ..^ bum ... >bum... ^bum...

DJ Maxx said:

Quote Originally Posted by PChammer View Post
    Hi,

They didn't seem to be one of the more popular bands but were still known "somewhat" where I live.

Thank you,
    PChammer
    Where do you live ??? Could be helpful.

That Double "it's true, it's true" seems really familiar.

5. PChammer said:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Maxx View Post
    Where do you live ??? Could be helpful.

That Double "it's true, it's true" seems really familiar.
    Thanks for the reply. I live in Michigan, small town so usually if we have something here, it's likely popular or more well known in other areas.

Trying to recall ANYTHING I can to add, all I can come up with is this...

at the end of one of the chorus lines, it's true, I recall an emphasis on "whoa yeaaahhh" or "oh yeaaahhh" plus there was a lot of lyrics based on "It's you" "it's true" or a lot of "Yous" in there throughout the song as well as "somebody like you" or "nobody like you" etc...

Wish I had more time to find perhaps a midi or virtual synthesizer for free so I could create the tune at least and upload it but haven't had the time, son's high school graduation is taking a toll time wise but will try to find anything to add something solid to my request.

Thanks again!

6. PChammer said:

Ok, I went through the trouble of finding a free midi\synthesizer and used Audacity of course to edit the file. Now, it's the best I can do, as I don't play a synthesizer but the tune is somewhat like it.

Here is the file in .mp3 format...

EDIT: Removed dead link...
    Last edited by PChammer; 05-19-2010 at 10:08 AM.

DJ Maxx said:

PC,

Please upload to a more user friendly site that has a built in player...

www.4shared.com or www.zshare.net . (No Dowloads required here)

Thanks

8. PChammer said:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Maxx View Post
    PC,

Please upload to a more user friendly site that has a built in player...

www.4shared.com or www.zshare.net . (No Dowloads required here)

Thanks
    No problem

needtoknow.mp3

Actually you did me a favor, I didn't know about these sites and mediafire is very limited, and slow.

Thank you