Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Thanks

ahh now i need to go to sleep early class tomorrow but after class i ll try to read them on bigger size and try to answer isA thanks again for the care you both

Thanks

ahlam sa3idih hope it is correct

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pheobe View Post
    ahlam sa3idih hope it is correct
    Yes it is!

Nawman hani2an

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

Yaa sister Noor I really appreciate that you are using "shamee"slang here
    Can't find a suitable word for you , so I will just say"thank youthank you very much.

Sometimes your sentences really kills me (like بس سنة صارلك)-it means like"only one year (you have been learning)?

لازم تفتخر في!!!=you need be proud of it!!!
    the verb is like إفتخر=Ifta5'ara=to boast,to be proud of....

بس مش كلنا شاطرين متلك=well what can I say here
    هيدة كلامك جميل جدا بس والله انت شاطرة كمان.الله يبارك فيكي.

! واو نيالنا والله هاي ساحيلنا this is not much understandable for me
    I know only that "نيال" is like "lucky" in slang.Please give me a comments for this sentence ,please

Phone dont worry we are here to help each other ,so if you have any questions just shoot!!!

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

ليلة سعيدةً يا اختي
    بخاطرك

Thanks

You are very welcome brother

واو نيالنا والله هاي ساحيلنا
    The first part was wow
    Then niyalna - we (me and pheobe) are lucky
    hay sa7ilna - we get

i.e Im saying we are very lucky we got an invitation to your wedding

winta min ahlo

p.s what do you mean kills you? You seem to understand them perfectly mashalla!

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

شكرا كتير

ما فيني اجد "فعل
    ساحيلنا=what is the root for this verb"sa7aa" .First time i hear this
    More information will be really welcome.(any other example)

Sometimes arabic really confuses me a lot "and the sentences differ a lot from polish one".
    Polish is also one of the difficult language (specially with it's grammar and prononcuation
    I believe thanx to you I will be more fluent in Arabic after few years: )

اوك هلأ بالعربي..

شلونك يا بور؟؟؟
    انشا الله تمامة
    شو اخبارك انت؟اليوم انت في الجامعة و لا في بيتك؟

انا فقت الساعة السادسة و تلت في الصبح ,تروقت ,تأخر الوقت شوية و بعجلة لبست قميص و جينس , كما انك تعرفي في يوم الجمعة عادةً كل موظفين بيلبسوا ملابس غير رسمية و انا بحب هيك كتير.
    هلا عندي استراحة خلال عملي لحدة 30 دقيقة. (i meant .I have a break during my work for 30 minutes-(didnt have an idea how can i write this="to have a break from work")
    لحسن الحظ ما في شغل كتير ,منشان هيك انا كتبتلك هيدي رسالة
    انشاء الله رح منحكي اكتر في مساءاً
    تحياتي من تشارك

Thanks

Ah hope I can answer your question well enough!

Awal shi, I think I miss spelt sa7ilna = صحلنا , sorry but when Im typing in dialect I type it the way I pronounce it Its derived from يصح

A few years? A few months inshallah!

Now corrections (sorry but it has to be done )
    تمامة no need, I know you changed it for the gender, but we say tamam to females too

هيك means this way, so you're saying I like this way, but I think it would be more accurate if you said, ana ba7ib hayda ilshi أنا بحب هيدا الشي so you would be saying I like that (i.e informal wear)

هلأ with a hamza

عندي استراحة خلال عملي لحدة 30 دقيقة
    There was no need for خلال عملي
    Also its لمده
    Another thing, true in classical arabic you would say 3amali, in shaami you would just say sho3'li = شغلي

مساءاً you say bni7ki fil masa, in slang you dont need to pronounce the hamze either

One last thing تحياتي means my greetings, but تحيات is greetings, so you would say تحيات from Czarek not my greetings from Czarek. Did I explain that well?
    تحياتي alone or
    تحيات من تشارك

ردا ع سؤالك، أنا خلص خلصت جامعة و عطلنا ياي! هلأ عم حاول أتعلم اللغة الفرنسية واللغة الإسبانية بس للأسف شغل صعب و لسة عندي مشوار طويل تاأوصل مستواك

تاأوصل I wrote ta2awsal instead of the typical la2awsal, which is how you would write it in arabic, because this is how syrians pronounce it

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

يا هلا نور

(شكرا كثير لشرحك
    (is this how we say"
    انا وجدت كلمة "صح في قاموسي
    صح=sa77a (اعتقد هي كلمة باللهجة بس؛)(howa byeSa77u)
    to happen ,or to be possible

شوفي متل تحت
    ادا بيصح الك سفرة=if you get a chance(if it happens to you) to make a trip
    ....رح منلتفي في سوريا في هديدة السنة=we will meet in Syria in this year.

بس كمان وجدت معنى اخرى

صح=sa77a =to get better ,to recover(هون النطق بيختلف)-(howa byeSo77u)

متل:
    انشالله بيتصح و بترجع عالبيت=Let's hope you will recover and come back home.

انشالله رح تثبتي لي اني مش غلطان
    I wanted to write"I hope you will confirm me that I am not wrong.

انا قرأيت كل شئ و حللت اخطائي اللي كتبتلي و مبين علي كل شئ واضح.

"عندي مشوار طويل=I have a long walk(but here means "a way" in achieving something).But this was something new ,so I made new notes from our "lesson"

I will start translating some Arabic Video in (Syrian or Lebanese dialect),so in this way I hope to learn many new things
    I will choose a short clips at the beginning (and put them here),after that I will wait for you corrections and then we will discuss the topic.
    If you have any clip for me ,I am waiting(but please not too long).Can be everything(and prononcuation should be clear also)

يلا باي

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

اسف,نسيت اسألك ,كيف انت تتعلمي هدول لغتين؟لحالك او عندك معلم خاص؟؟
    لستك زغيرة بس عندك قدرة لتعلم اللغات و هيدة شئ ممتاز والله.
    انا مستغرب منك كتير و برافو عليك انك شاطرة يا نور
    الله يوفقك

Thanks

Its all right The first example is the nearest to what I meant, when I said sa7ilna = 6li3ilna if you've come across that word?

تثبتي = prove
    I think a more suitable word would have been tit2akadi, from ta2kiyd = confirm

Sure, post any song you like/enjoy listening to and the arabic lyrics/translation and I'll be happy to double check! You did an excellent job with Ziad Saleh - 3ala mahlek!

Thanks

*صغيرة
    هاها تسلم بس كيف أنا شاطرة؟ عام درس حالي بالبيت، و لسة ماوصلت مستواك!

Thanks

Accented songs you might like(you dont have to choose any of these, if there is one on your mind/one you really like just post it onto here!)

Wisam El - Amir - Wi3rifti
    http://down2.nogomi.me.xn55571528exg...eni_Hebbek.mp3

Shadi Ranjous - 3ala Remshi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz8lc1cn0n8

Anwar Al - Amir - Shti2tilo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzwLP5Zw58

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Accented songs you might like(you dont have to choose any of these, if there is one on your mind/one you really like just post it onto here!)

Wisam El - Amir - Wi3rifti
    http://down2.nogomi.me.xn55571528exg...eni_Hebbek.mp3

Shadi Ranjous - 3ala Remshi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz8lc1cn0n8

Anwar Al - Amir - Shti2tilo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzwLP5Zw58

يا هلا بور,

ما شوفنا من الزمان,وين هالغيبة؟؟؟؟؟

كيفك ؟ انشا الله منيحة؟؟؟شو اخبارك انت؟
    تحية

هون بالأجليزي

Well I am not yet as good "pupil" to translate these songs,cos for me ,well they song still bit unclear or perphaps I am deaf.Of course I translated few sentences,we can say : 60% of these songs("3ala Remshi"and "Shti2tilo")Wi3rifti(couldn't open the link l-unfortunately).

By the way these songs are in my "climate"so I liked them a lot ,but for now I will keep them in my libraryand come back to them after some time.

But, of course I did homework,dont worry(but in my next post for sure will be so many corrections.

I would also like to have translation in english(but for sure if you will make corrections in arabic only ,that is enough for now .After that I put sentences ,or words(i will ask a lot as always) to summ up the lesson.

Thanx in advance

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

I just choose it by accident and started to make translations"
    The link is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX4Mq...eature=related

My translationwithout singing)=only speech(the song is quite understandable).

يعني ,عنجد لما تشوفه هون,مش بس نجوى كرم,بتنقى ع كل ملحن,تيرى ع صورة اكتر و اكتر.عنجد بالأخر يعني متل ما صابة قبل حكيت انها الخارسة عن شغله مش غريب عنه ان شوف بالأخر شغلة اللي بتمنى,و بتقدم الصورة حلوة و الأغنية حلوة للناس.
    و هيك اوعدتنا لكبيرة نجوى كرم من وقتنا بلشت معها مشوار لحد اليوم.ما في ولا مرة شوفنها الى عمبضوي,و عمنحلو لأحلى,و مدلعة لكل قبلي,بتفق و نجح يا رب.

مرسي,يعني هلأ نحنا مش لان قدم.......... حميل بعده
    و نادر كتير ما تشوف لما بتكون عمبتعمل كليب مشاركة كمان من اصحاب العمل يعني ملحن, شاعر,مؤزية.كل واحد يعني طبعاً حسب ظروفه بس اليوم وسام حاب كرينما,او يتكرم علينا,و شرفنا و يجى. بقول كمان هون موافق بالالبوم جديد تبعه بالكليبيت الجديد.و معك "كيب عمل"ناجح متل بسم فتوح و يحيى,و المحبين و الاصحاب,بفتكر ان مش ممكن ما يطلع في اندفع محبي بتعطيني هيك دفاع كتير كبيرة لقدام بنجح.هي وقت المخرج رند العالم معه هيدة اول "تايم"و ال.... طبعاً شفت لكليبيت حلوة.عندما كا"التايم" معها حصيت دقيقة جدا,ما بتفوض ايه شردة وردة.مزعجي بتفاصيل اللي دقيقة كتير يلي هي خارج ممثلين مش خارج مطربين .نحنا ما منطقن دور لتمثيل عندما انشا الله ان هي حارسة عم اطلع منها,شئ جميل,او اه.بالناحية اجابية انها يمكن عم تزعجنا بالهيدة موضوع لحتى تخافظ على مستوى معينة.ممكن تكون الحانة انها بتعامل معنا ان ما نو صار كلنا.انشاء الله كلنا سواء منوصل و كلنا الحنين و حارسين لحتى ندل ع المستوى مطلوب.و وسام الأمير ملحن الأغنية الجميلة يلي هو مطرب قبل ياريت سماع بصوته حأتحب اكتر بالاغنية.طبعاً ما بيغيبني اني فتش بدفتر وسام,و بعاطفة قلبه,و بالحن ,بدماغه,اللي بترجم سنو.حنجور حلوة.بالحن يلي بستدق منه يلي كل شاجعة بنفس الوقت بتنقلنا لحالي جميلة بالأغنية " متخبي عليك" يلي انا حبيتها كتير.هي من كلمات شاعر تومي اسمر و من توزيعة استاد تميم.

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

Really I wish to make the letts much bigger,but how?

Thanks

Honestly I have no idea how to make font bigger, I think its one font for all Well the words were kinda dry, but here they are:

يعني عنجد إلي عما انشوفو هون مش بس نجوى كرم، بتنؤ عل كلفه و اللحن. تيري عالصوره أكتر و أكتر. عنجد بالأخير يعني متل ما سبأ وحكيت إنه الحريص ع شغله مش غريبه عنه ايشوف بالأخير الشغل إلي بيتمنى و يقدم الصورة الحلو والغنيه الحلوه للناس

Seriously, what we see here is not just Najwa Karam, she complains about the cost and the melodies, she's very precise about the pictures. Like I've said before, the one who is eager in his work, its not very strange for them to see the work they wished for, and to present the petty picture, the pretty song to the people.

و هيك عودتنا الكبيرة نجوى كرم، من وقت ما بلشت مع المشوار لا حتى اليوم. مافي ولا مرة شفناها إلى عم بضاوي من حلو لا أحلى و بندعيلا من كل قلبي بالتوفيق و بلنجاح يا رب

And that is what the great Najwa Karam always presents to us, from the day she started this journey til now, we havent seen her except as a light, from pretty to prettier, and I pray for her success from all my heart, oh God.

مرسي. يعني هلأ مش لقنا قاعدين حد بعض عما نجامل بعض، و نادر اكتير ماتشوف لما اتكون عم تعمل كليب مشاركه كمان من أصحاب العمل، يعني من ملحن، شاعر، موزع، كل واحد يعني طبعا حسب ظروفو ، بس اليوم وسام حب يكرمنا و يتكرم علينا و يشرفنا و يجي و بقول كمان هو موفق بلالبوم الجديد تبعو و بلكيلبات لجداد و مع كليب عمل ناجح متل بسام فتوح و يحيى والمحبين والأصحاب. بفتكر إنه مش ممكن ما يطلع في اندفاع و محبه بتعطينا هيك دافعة اكتير اكبره لقدام بالنجاح.

Merci. We're not complimenting each other because we're sitting next to each other, and its rare when you're working together on a clip with those in charge, from composers, to song writers to directors, everyone, like they give in as much as they can. But today Wisam wanted to honour us with his presence. And I also tell him good luck on your new albums, and video clips, and with such good clip directors like Bassam Fatooh and Yahya and fans and friends. I dont think its possible to not get a big motive and love, this all gives us a big motive to go forward with success

و هيئته المخرجة راندل علم، مع إنه هيدا أول تعامل طبعا شيفتلا كليبات حلوه، إنما كتعامول معا حاسيستا دقيقة جدا، ما بتفوت أيا شارده و ورده. مزعجه بتفصيل الدقيقة اكتير يلي هي خرج ممثلين مش خرج مطربين نحنا ما بنتقن دور التمثيل إنما إنشاء الله إنه يعني هي حريصة إنه إطلع مينا شي جميل و من النهيه الإيجابي يمكن عم تزعجنا بهيدا الموضوع تا حتى اتحفظ ع مستوى معين، ممكن اتكون قلقانه إن بيتعاملنا معا إنه مانوصل كلنا، إنشا الله كلنا سوا بنوصل و كلنا الأنين و حريصين لا حتى نضل عل مستوى المطلوب

And it seems to me that the director, Randal Alam, even though its only the first time we work together, i've seen for her good clips, but in dealing with her, I feel she's very detailed and accurate, she doesnt let anything miss her eyes, she can be annoying with the details, details that are necessary for actors, not singers, but hopefully that means she's keen on producing something pretty out of us, and on a positive note, maybe she's annoying us with this perfectionism so that she can mantain a high standard, maybe she's worried with our dealing that we wont reach a high standard together, but hopefully we all will, we're all worried, we're all eager to reach that standard.

و وسام الأمير ملحن الأغنييه الجميله يلي هو مطرب قبله، ياريت تسمعوها بصوته حت حبها أكتر للأغنيه. طبعا ما بيغبني إني فتش بدفتر وسام، بعطفه قلبو و بألحانه و بدماغه إلي بيترجم لسانو، حنجرته الحلوه، ألحان يلي بسطادا منو يلي كل شجن و بنفس الوقت بتينئلنا لا حالي جميله بغنية ما بخبي عليك يلي أنا حبيتىأ اكتير هي من كلمة الشاعر طوني أسمر و من توزيع الاستاذ تميم

And Wisam Al Amir, the composer of this beautiful song, which he sang before me, please listen to it in his voice, you're gonna love it even more. Of course that doesnt stop me from looking for Wisams notebook, the emotions in his heart and melodies, his brain, which is translated by his tongue, his beautiful ---, his composing which I catch, are full of emotion and at the same time can move to me, and the beautiful song, 'I wont hide it from you' which I loved alot, from the words of Tony Asmar and the distribution of Mr. Tameem.
    Like I said, not much sense, they were just commenting on their new songs etc and complementing each other
    Last edited by VivaPalestina; 06-02-2010 at 05:16 AM.

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

سلام يا بور,

والله انا استغربت كثير لما شوفت جوابك.
    انت دقيقة كثير و فسرتيلي كل شئ بدقة.
    ما فيني اجد اية كلمة مناسبة اليك.
    انت بنت تحفة
    انشا الله رح تفهميني دون اية مشكلة

الحين انا حلل كل نص و رح احضر لك بعض السؤال

انا منون كتير
    الله معك يا اختي

ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Thanks

Yes i know that the text doesnt impressed much,but it was let say "a starter"
    just for see "where am I"and as we see ,listening needs to be improved more and more,however the text was a bit difficult and couldn.t understand sometimes
    a general meaning,but in 80% Thanx God i knew what they were talking about.

Ok lets start then

1)إلي عما -illay 3amma=can we give more explanation for this,please

2)، بتنؤ
    My wonderfull dictionary found this:to complain(so you gave the best shoot
    to make a fuss.

when you write ؤ"-it meansthat it is (q)but as we know in Syrian an Lebanese we prononcue it like "ء"hamza

So the verb is نق-naqqa=howe yenoqqo)

Ma betnooqesh=(i guess it is very Plaestinian She doesn't complain.
    Of course Syrian will be like "ma betnoqqo"

Here I was confused cos I wrote almost the same verb in writting"نقى"
    naqqa=yena(22)qqe=to choose,to select

Hope i am correct here.

3)و يل=means like "and the....."?

4)تيري؟؟؟؟first time see and hear this ,although I wrote it correctly.Wha is the root for this verb,any other example,please

5)متل ما سبأ=here the verb سبق"is used ,right
    متل ما سبقت و حكيت؟
    why u wrote"حكت"should be حكيت؟,as far as I know the root is "حكي=so we shouldn't ommit "ي" here

6)حريس-is from verb حرس=to guard,keep watch,so 7ariis-is a person who takes cares about himself and other people,so here means she has her eyes wide opened.

7)الغني-mean"song or songs"?

8)عم بضاوي=this veb comes from"ضوى=Dawaa=howa yeDwee=to light.to turn on
    ,to give light.

I guess إضوي=أطفئ

9)
    . يعني هلأ مش لقينا قاعدين حد بعض عما نجامل
    this sentence was really difficult
    I will make translation almost word by word ,to see if I get it or not
    it means ,now we do not meet and sit nearby(each other)for complementing(flattering)for each other.

Of course ur translation is much better than mine ,but just wanna see if I got or now

10)
    Again difficult one
    بفتكر إنه مش ممكن ما يطلع في اندفاع و محبه
    I think that it is impossible ......(surge,outburst,zeal?)
    verb اندفع means to do something in a rush,to do something with intense interest.

محبة=is word for love,affection?

well "ما يطلع"to be sincere I dislike this verb a lot,wherever it is in 90% "i can translate sentence with it"

11)what is that?هيئته=i heard very similar word to this one in Egyptian arabic

My example:ana bethayya2le=it seems to me,I suppose that
    Please another example and root for this verb i really welcomed

12)شارده و ورده=what's that expession says?

The rest i will post tomorrow,cos need to get up early 6,30

Well ya sister Noor many many thanx ,and take your time and please dont be angry that I ask a lot

ciao
    سلام

Thanks

Ask away! I just hope I can answer them well And Im glad you liked my translations

Firstly, well done! You really seem to have understood most of it And now to answer your questions...

1) إلي عما
    ili - tends to refer to something, I think the best word would be the? maybe the fus7a term would be الذي not to be confused with 2ily - mine
    3ama - we also use 3ammal, if you've come across that one? like are
    Ili 3ama - what we are
    ana 3amal - what I am

2) I think if you want to write it with the q, you would have written it without the ya maksora at the end, just بتنوق

3) Nope I should have written w al - la7n و اللحن so yes w means and and al represents the

4) To be honest, Im not sure what this word means I think we've misheard it, maybe they're trying to say iktere?

5) 100% correct, my fault, حكيت

6) I've just realised how many errors i've made in my rush, no حريص comes from حرص which is attention

7) Yes 3'inye means song

8) إضوي=أطفئ
    Well idwiy means to turn on, but i6fi means to turn of, so should there be an equal sign between them?

9)يعني هلأ مش لقينا قاعدين حد بعض عما نجامل
    Yes perfect!
    ya3ni (we arabs just say it every two words, a bit like the english version of er )
    hala2 - now
    mish - not
    qa3deen/2a3deen - sitting
    7ad ba3ad - next to each other
    3ama - same as above, are
    and njamel - compliment
    so your word to word translation was perfect

10)بفتكر إنه مش ممكن ما يطلع في اندفاع و محبه
    Also correct
    biftiker - I think
    mish momken - its not possible
    yi6la3 - to come out
    indifa3 - motivations
    ma7abe - love/affection

11)هيئته = It looks like
    ana byit-haya2li - it looks/seems like to me
    hayi2to - It looks like ---
    Byit-haya2lo - He dreams

12)شارده و ورده just means everything, big or small

And maybe I should re read over my arabic to fix all those typos ...

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast