Vigen - Khodanegahdar

Thread: Vigen - Khodanegahdar

Tags: None

Yrishka said:

Default Vigen - Khodanegahdar

Hi all,

I hope to be posting this right this time. I'm looking for the lyrics and translation to a Persian song called Mosafere Azizam (I think). This is the only video I could find online:

Would somebody be able to help me? Thanks so much!!

Here's a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NkeQj1CGc8

Thanks!
    Last edited by afsaneh; 09-08-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Thread titles should contain song and artist name.

Yrishka said:

Aaaaanyone?

pinky_girl said:

i really want to help but unfortunately youtube has been filtered for me....if you find the name of the singer then maybe i will help you

Yrishka said:

Dear Pinky_girl,

thanks so much!! I've tried sending a sound file to another member of this forum who was really sweet to offer, but that didn't work either since ZShare was filtered as well. The singer in the video is called Giti, but I cannot find out who was the original singer of this song. I hope this little bit of info helps.

I could try sending the mp3 I took from the video by email though, if it doesn't get you into trouble due to all the filtering. I wouldn't want that!

Thanks ever so much!

5. elinor said:

Hi Pinky , Hi Yrishka: )
    I have the same problem as Pinkie's. Well, I tried to make a Persian search of this Persian speaking singer and I understood I didn't know her, she seems like an interesting soul, it swas said that she passed away as she suffered from cancer 1995 or something. well, this is her official website:

http://rangarang1.persiangig.com/

I guess there is an English webpage as well, perhaps you can find your song there and if you did, I guess we will be able to translate the song for you my dear

6. elinor said:

Ok my dear Yrishka here is the translation:

Mosafer-e-Azizam
    My dear traveler( or a beloved one who is about to leave, move away)

Gole khazan nadideh/ Oh you the flower who has not met with the autumn ( young, fresh)
    Bahar-e-nowresideh/ Oh you the early spring
    Konoon ke miravi zin( az-een turns to zin) golzar, khoda to ra negahdar/ Now that you are travelling away from this garden, G-d keep you safe,good bye
    Bovad tannin-e- avaaye to, knonoon be goosham ey yaar/ the echo of your voice is now reaching my ears oh my lover
    Payam-e-man to beshno, khoda to ra negahdar/ listen to my message: G-d keep you safe( good bye)
    Do chashme man be rah bashad, dar aarezooy-e- didar/ my two eyes would be fixed upon the road, in hope of seeing you again,
    Mosafer-e-azizam, to ham be yad-e-man bash/ My beloved traveler, you keep me in your mind as well,
    Jodayee o faramooshi, nabinam az to ey kash/ being departed from you and forgetfulness, May I never witness from your side,
    Nabashadam be joz mehrat, havaye digari dar sar/ In my head, there is no other fantasy but your love,
    Boro khoda be hamrahat to ey zeh jan gerami-tar/ Go my dear may G-d keep you safe, my my beloved who is more precious to me than my own life,
    Gole khazan nadideh, bahare no resideh/ You the flower that has not met with the autumn, you the early spring,
    Konoon ke miravi zin golzar, khoda to ra negahdar/ Now that you are going away from this garden, G-d keep you safe, good bye….

Ok my dear Yrishka, I hope you enjoy this song, I just love it, people sing it here, I mean sing it to themselves it is an old song, but I never knew who was the singer. You know I was not in Iran before the revolution and I was a little kid, when I was in Iran it was only after the revolution and in the years that any kind of music was firmly off the limit! VCR which was the only way to know about the singers before the revolution was a crime, if someone's car or home was searched and a VCR was at poor person, even being lashed and thngs like that, and when the tension against music in people's private life was a bit moderated, then the new genre of music and the world music was the interest of the youth and general public, so some of these songs they have been somehow not discovered or fully appreciated by my generation yet. Music is indeed oppressed and the direction of arts mislead arts manipulated to promote some dictated or outlined virtues or values or what is demanded as the behavior of 70 million people… But it is only in the dark days that one values the bright days that will definitely replace the dark ones, one day
    Too much into the philosophy! Much love from Iran
    Elinor

7. elinor said:

Yrishka
    I am listening to harry Saroyan of Armanistan ( right?) who is singing this song in Persian
    That is so nice I adore his accent, you know, I like this tradition of songs in this part of the world being celebrated and sung by the singers of different languages, it is like listening to the nightingales in the early morning each singing as an answer to the other nightingale singing, that happens only early in the morning where there are as many trees available to inspire the birds

Yrishka said:

Dear Elinor,

I sent you an email responding to both the above posts and your message to me, but let me say thank you here as well. You've done a fantastic job and the song is marvellous. Harry's version is beautiful and so is your metaphore for singers from another language. I loved your comparison and the way you've translated the lyrics. Knowing the meaning to this song makes it... just beautiful!

The song by Joseph Pusey is also very beautiful but in a whole different way, not as soft and sweet as Harry's but full of feeling and emotion and to me very special.

I'm hoping to find an original or another version by a Persian singer sometime, though I'm sure it's a very old song and maybe there is no way to find out. Very lovely. I hope you read my mail and stay in touch.

Thanks again for all your help!
    Last edited by Yrishka; 05-31-2010 at 04:52 PM.

9. elinor said:

You are most welcome my dear Yrishka
    I am listening to Joseph Pusey's version of the song right now and I just love it. The song makes me cry. The music is So beautiful and he is a very talented singer, and you feel that he feels the song. I don't know what musical instrument is used in his version of the son, but that I can listen to for hours and feel fresh. I will try to find the original one, I will have to play the song for the ones who know who was the first one singing it and if I find out, I will let you know
    Best regards
    Elinor

Yrishka said:

Dear Elinor,

yes, Joseph's song is amazingly beautiful. I suspect the instrument is Greek, called bouzouk (is that correct?), at least it reminds me very much of Greek music. Joseph Pusey passed away in 2004, bless his heart, and I only got to know his music about a year ago, but he has touched a lot of people's hearts. His voice and feeling for the music is amazing and the song never looses it's beauty. I can play it over and over again.

Please do keep in touch and let me know if you find out more. I'm emailing you again
    Last edited by Yrishka; 05-31-2010 at 04:52 PM.

11. elinor said:

Dear Yrishka
    I didn't know that he had passed away. That is sad. But he lives with his music for sure:

Well, I think the original song could have been sung by this Iranian-Armenian singer of blessed memory" Vigen", he had a beuaoitul voice and his daughter is now a poetess and a singer and an activist. I guess I have heard this song with his voice and he is an old singer, well, I will have to search more. So that is the Greek instrument, I guess we have something like that called" Santoor". he instrument that " Zorba the Greek played?". So that's why I like the music
    Thank you my dear for keeping in touch and I will definitely tell you if I found the original
    have a good day

Yrishka said:

Dear Elinor, I think his memory does live on through his music. He will not be forgotten.
    I think the bouzouki is indeed the instrument Zorba played. I am very much interested in Vigen and will try and do a search myself to see what comes up.

Don't be a stranger, mail whenever you like dear. I enjoyed meeting you and the conversation that followed!!

Thanks and take care sweetie

13. elinor said:

Dear Yrishka
    There is this Persian poetess, well she passed away when she was a youth, but her poems are still so influential, her name was Forogh Farrokhzad, she has this famous line about the voices and sounds, well, In the Persian language only one word is used to represent both " voice" and " sound" and she says:
    " Seda, Seda, va tanha Sedast ke mimand"

Voice, voice, and only it is the voice that survices,

I would prefer to interpet that as voice, because the voice is a human feature and it is a means to communicate the emotions and thoughts. I believe this line is true when it comes to the singers, poets, speakers, writers and people who acted thouh their voice, when they are gone. The line so well represents Foroogh herself, because long after her being gone, she lives through her poems upto now. She was the voice of Iranian early feminism and she knew what post-modernism meant, thogh many people here have no idea, even now.

It would be a great pleasure to keep in toch with you and continue the discussions, thank you my dear
    ELinor

14. Darius73 said:

Default Vigen's Mosafer-e azizam

Hi, the original was sung by Vigen (an Iranian-Armenian singer). Here are a couple of Youtube links to that song (one of which is a memorail clip in his honour):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drp6SseU3jQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAfE9...eature=related

15. Darius73 said: