Greek music live

Thread: Greek music live

Tags: None

nantia said:

Default Greek music live

Hi folks!

Im going to athens in a week, and wonder if you have tips about where to find information about live gigs in Athens? Im interested in common greek artists, just as an example Natassa Theodoridou.

A link would be great, or just write the artist + adress or so!

Last year I got really good tips this way, but i figured it all changed in a year =)

Hugs

BleakHeart said:

Hello Nantia,

Most Greek artists sing on contract with various night clubs and music theaters, so if you want to attend a live performance by one specific artist, you need to know where exactly is the establishment where he/she sings. For convenience, most night clubs of this sort, are gathered mostly on two main streets in Athens, first is Pireos street and second is Iera Odos street. These two streets are quite close, so with some luck you could visit many clubs in one night. The best and fastest way to go there is via the metropolitan railway, just get off at Keramikos station.

Till one month ago, Natassa Teodoridou used to sing at a place at the begining of Iera Odos, roughly five minutes' walk from that station. So does Yiannis Ploutarchos, Pegi Zina, Mitropanos et al. I know because I live nearby and pass through that street daily. I think however that currently the club is closed for renovation and Theodoridou currently sings at a place in Thessaloniki.

If you need something more specific, just ask and perhaps someone should know. You can also consult with Athinorama, a good Athens guide, although it is in Greek...

http://www.athinorama.gr/
    http://www.athinorama.gr/nightlife/data/who/ <---Here you can see who sings where.
    Last edited by BleakHeart; 05-23-2010 at 05:36 PM.
    "I have fear for nothing and I have hope for nothing, I am, therefore, free."

Nikos Kazantzakis

nantia said:

Hi Bleakheart!

Thank you so much for your answer, it was perfect!

Those streets and clubs are somehow familiar to me, but i couldn't find the link of who sings where.. But now I got it! So happy, I was afraid those contracts you mentioned was only in winter time, and that the artists would be touring around Greece now in summer.. Oh and no worries, I can use the athinorama.gr -site, luckily my skills are enough for that =)

So thanks again a lot!

BleakHeart said:

You are welcome; anything else you may need, just ask.
    "I have fear for nothing and I have hope for nothing, I am, therefore, free."

Nikos Kazantzakis

Seireina said:

Just drive through Paraliaki looking at the names and faces on the boards! Seriously though, talk about "nyxterino kentro" street... sheesh