Use of the search function on ATL forum, please read

Thread: Use of the search function on ATL forum, please read

Tags: None

BleakHeart said:

Talking Use of the search function on ATL forum, please read

Hello all!

Before creating a new thread, try checking the list thread: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/gr...ted-songs.html

It is not complete, but many translated songs are already listed there. However, you may not find the song you want there. Unfortunately, the search function on this forum does not work with Greek characters, you 'll get no results whatsoever.

In this case, if you want to either ask others for a translation, or do yourself a translation for someone else, to avoid discomfort, try the following, search via google on ATL.

Go to www.google.com, or at the google bar of your browser and type this:

site:allthelyrics.com/forum/greek-lyrics-translation/

^in this exact way: No http://www. and with the word site: preceding. Then type in front of that one or two lines of the song with greek characters. This way, google will only search for those lines on the Greek section of ATL.

An example. You want to search for say, Lavrentis Maheritsas' "Πεθαίνω για σένα". You need to type exactly this:

Στον κόμβο Κηφισίας site:allthelyrics.com/forum/greek-lyrics-translation

^^ It's the first line of the song, with the google trick following. As simple as that, you instantly get the only two results available from this forum, which are two translations of this song.

No harm will be done if someone translates a song for a second time, but it's better to dedicate our energy to more new songs than duplicate old ones.

Best regards,
    Alexander

PS Goes without saying that this trick works with any site, not just ATL.
    "I have fear for nothing and I have hope for nothing, I am, therefore, free."

Nikos Kazantzakis

Microeli said:

Thumbs up Bravo!

Bravo, Alexandre!
    At least there's someone who noticed AND took the effort to inform the unknowing ones among us....including myself
    Eviva!

BleakHeart said:

No big deal, really. I have posted these tricks before, but it was on indepedent request threads, so not many people saw them, I guess. Hopefully, in this section more people will.
    "I have fear for nothing and I have hope for nothing, I am, therefore, free."

Nikos Kazantzakis