How do you write your lyrics?

Thread: How do you write your lyrics?

Tags: None

Miki Digi said:

Lots of songs pop into my head, i write down a few lines to make sure i dont forget it if its really good. The only problem with that is i get inspired by so many things i see on TV or in the mall seeing people or food. I write about random things, some i try to make rhyme but others like, every otehr word will rhyme but it all flows together (am i making since? haha oh well.) Sometimes my songs sound really randomly written but i like it. But I do write about experiences too. Mostly about how when i was younger i was an ugly duckling and was picked on because of the qualities that made me me.
    "I'm a ruler that wears a pair of boots with low heels; Why yes I am a lady King. Does this bother you?"

Molotova said:

I think U can never know when a lyric (that is not yours) doesn't flow. The fact that you didn't write it, means that you don't know what was going on in that person's mind at the time. Maybe he or she already had a flow or a beat in mind... Lyrics don't necessarily need a structure, it's all about how U make them flow !
    1 <3
  3. LILAusty said:

i just think ov summit and think about whats best to make anouther line flow with the first line make sure ya fast and fluent and practice makes perfect lol
  4. Ivy Thorn said:

I write my lyrics just by singing my thoughts aloud, and then I usually find something that ryhmes and sounds good, and expand on it. Like on my song Uncle Sam Is Dead I sang whole song aloud over and over before I even realized I was singing it. Just go with what comes naturally.

PS check out uncle sam is dead in the lyrics reveiw section

Krent_Calstro777 said:

anyone notice that Newscctv copying 1 post of each thread then adding links between them? O.o
    Damning Reficul: Song is like singing from the light whilst the emotions can be so raw from the darkness.
  6. failedson said:

i have my own books for writing lyrics, i could write my lyrics whenever i feel like to. And i usually write it based on my experience. Sometimes i spice it up with something different from the actual event. Sometimes i randomly write a line or two until i know what i'm going to write. Then i wait for the time i want to post it on a forum
    Black is my suit you painted so deeply with your fingers.

SK'nDeep said:

allot of dedication...Bring out the heart in you... read it over and over to look for anything that falls out of place and correct it...The best thing to know is make it you own...Don't try to wright like others they have thier own style and so do you...
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep

Katie13 said:

I just write. Usually I'm a traditionalist and stick to verse/chorus/verse/chorus/middle 8/chorus structure, maybe with a bridge. But I just see if it works and if it doesn't, move on. If I get a feel of a song, an emotion, I'll try to find a song to fit it. Sometimes I'll have more than one. Sometimes I'll sturggle to find a way to convey it. But it's really whatever works for you.
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

Zarex said:

At first it was pretty hard, I couldn't come up with decent rhymes and I'm a pretty smart guy. But as you start writing, try not to think in cement. I really dont know how to help if you need any, i just kept writing for a few days and it started coming.
    There are some artists who just sit down and put out bars all day for a few days and its because you start thinking that way. Ill try to explain it later, pretty baked right now lol
    Live a good, noble life and pay no attention as to whether gods exist. If they are just, they will judge you for your virtuous life, not your worship.