A phrase of Mar Jawaan song

Thread: A phrase of Mar Jawaan song

Tags: None
  1. momper said:

Default A phrase of Mar Jawaan song

Regards. There is a phrase in the song Mar Jawaan (from movie Fashion) of which I´ve found some different translations. Can anyone tell me which one is correct? Thanks in advance.

"Jaise khwab hai ankhon mein basse meri,
    Waise needon pe silvate pade teri"

"Like The Dreams Are Residing In My Eyes"
    And here is the problem:
    1) "The Same Way The Wrinkles Should Happen On Your Sleep"
    2) same way i think of you when I roll on during sleep
    3) "There should be disturbance in your sleep" (this is similar to first)
    4) "Your folds of cloth are on my sleep"

songlover26 said:

Sure Why not

songlover26 said:

Literally speaking friend the closest is

"The Same Way The Wrinkles Should Happen On Your Sleep"

I will tell you some words from the sentence it will help you understand in a better way

Neend is Sleep
    Neendo = sleeps (pl)
    Silvate = wrinkles (generally on a bedsheets or cloth)
    Teri = Yours or your

May be she wants to say that just like me you too won't be able to sleep.
    according to my interpretation Wrinkles refer to disturbed sleep

4. momper said:

I´m very grateful. I am an employee of the University of Zaragoza (Spain). I'm doing a video with Bollywood songs spanish subtitles will be screened on the occasion of the feast of the center.

Yours faithfully,
    José Luis

songlover26 said:

That's cool... best of Luck for your project

6. lazawal09 said:

Default i agree but just...

further interpretation would be , knowing that u r working on some language issue (Sorry), in english it is called "Simili" in Urdu it would be "Tamseel" once u dont mean the actual meaning but u r giving a reference, so it goes as the other has commented (First u should know, Dreams seldom materialize,secondly one u can not sleep at night you change postures at the bed which give wrinkles on the bed sheet, which means u can not sleep, the simili. Dreams residing in my eyes..
    khwab bassy hien ankhoon mien meri...it would mean
    "I have seen dreams about you and they reside in my eyes and have not materialized (since dreams never materialize) OR further could be my dreams which i have dreamt with my open eyes and are now residing in my eyes and have not been materialized
    Waissay neendon pe silvatain Parain Teri
    Similraly
    You may not be able to sleep at nights (And once u can not sleep at night you change postures which give wrinkles on the bed sheet)
    Worst case interpretation would be
    "You wish to sleep (Dead tired begging for sleep, Neendon should actually imply this, that u want to sleep, you feel sleepy, u r dead tired) but u may not sleep"
    its hotch potch mixed interpretation, but i am sure is dead right the translation posted before by the despatchewr is also excellent i have gone in more details and i am sure she would agree