Al Wasmy - Altarash

Thread: Al Wasmy - Altarash

Tags: None
  1. Gole Yas said:

sweety this is not Iraqi .. its a bedoin dialect from the United Arad Emirates =D

ahmedisman said:

if people are looking for great iraqi song, here it is! Its the best (fast forward to the more upbeat song in the middle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnzMhgepTCU

Hey Gole Yas and Sohuda! you guys are alive. remember me?

3. Gole Yas said:

omgggg your back !!!
    what happened to youuuu ! you've been missedd !
    how are you sweety ?

citlalli said:

Yes! yes! yes!

Definitely it was worth the long wait!!!

Thanks a lot to both Sohuda and Gole
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

sohuda said:

@Gole Yas thanks my translation was very rough considering i barely understood anything
    @Salleh Lim yes I am Iraqi
    @Cit you're most welcome <3
    The hours of pain have yielded good,
    Which prosperous days refused;
    As herbs, though scentless when entire,
    Spread fragrance when they’re bruised.

6. Salleh Lim said:

Hi Sohuda! But i thot Iraqi and Khaleeji is quite similar? =D

aila said:

Quote Originally Posted by Salleh Lim View Post
    Hi Sohuda! But i thot Iraqi and Khaleeji is quite similar? =D
    but just quote what Gole Yas said... it's bedoin, not Khaleeji.

8. Salleh Lim said:

Yes, yes. Adri bas el7in, because i'm listening to so many Khaleeji and Iraqi songs and they sound so similar in terms of music and dialect, i wonder why can't they classify Iraqi as Khaleeji as well and not the Mesopotamian dialect.

9. Gole Yas said:

some 5aleeji words may be foud in an iraqi dialect .. but not vice versa .. iraqi is very different than 5aleeji .. when you are from The Gulf, wherever you go in the GCC (saudi, uae, kuwait, bahrain, oman, qatar).. though few words may difer, your language can be understood, its just the accent that makes it different.. but iraq is a whole different story .. words are 75% different as well as the difference in accents

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by Gole Yas View Post
    some 5aleeji words may be foud in an iraqi dialect .. but not vice versa .. iraqi is very different than 5aleeji .. when you are from The Gulf, wherever you go in the GCC (saudi, uae, kuwait, bahrain, oman, qatar).. though few words may difer, your language can be understood, its just the accent that makes it different.. but iraq is a whole different story .. words are 75% different as well as the difference in accents
    Woooooow! I would have never imagined the difference was so massive! Arabic never ceases to amaze me
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

11. CZAREK2581 said:

Here are few examples how it is said in different dialects

I love reading a lot When I went to the library I only found this old book I wanted to read a book about the history of women in France.

Iraqi āni a7ibb el-qrāya kullish lamman re7it lel-maktaba ma ligēt 3'ēr hāda l-ketāb al-qadīm redet aqra ketāb 3an tarī5' al-7arim eb-fransa
    Saudi ana a7ob il-grāya kthīr lamma ro7t l-mekteba ma lgēt 3'ēr hada l-ktāb il-gedīm wa kont ab3'a agra ktāb 3an tarī5' il-7arīm fi fransa
    Kuwaitiāna wāyed a7ibb agrā lamman re7t al-maktaba ma ligēt illa hal ketāb al-gadīm kent abī agra ketāb an tarī5' el-7arīm eb fransa

12. Salleh Lim said:

OMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! I WAS READING ABT THIS A FEW WEEKS AGO ONLINE!!!! Wad coincidence! I even had to stop a Kuwaiti family here to ask them abt their use of WAYED. I was surprised and got even more confused when i found out they even have a dialect word for a lot =(

jbutl16 said:

Some more fun Iraqi words...

rayyuug - breakfast
    timman - rice
    raggi - melon
    hwaaya - a lot
    khaashuuga - spoon
    meez - table

Just a few of the top of my head : )

14. Salleh Lim said:

Quote Originally Posted by jbutl16 View Post

khaashuuga - spoon
    Is this the same spoon Dominique is singing abt? =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK8vqcx1YPI

jbutl16 said:

Yes! I didn't know they used this word in Lebanon also. Then again, she has a very peculiar way of singing. She kind of sounds durzi.

VivaPalestina said:

yee ya3tekon el 3afye banat <3

17. Gole Yas said:

allah y3afeeki 7ubi <3

18. Rashid Bin Mejren said:

Hmmmm translating these songs/poems into english my or will ruin them, but damn you have good taste!