AGAMA - Field of Kings (Sanskrit -> English)

Thread: AGAMA - Field of Kings (Sanskrit -> English)

Tags: agama sanskrit
  1. Vaientidos said:

Default AGAMA - Field of Kings (Sanskrit -> English)

Hi. I'm looking for a transliteration of the song "Field of Kings" by AGAMA, which was an amazing etherial ethnic piece in the Lithuanian national final for Eurovision this year. The song is performed in Sanskrit but the lyrics have never been released. Sanskrit is a very rare language so I'll be surprised if anyone replies but its worth a shot :P

Basically all I need is the romanised form of the lyrics and if anyone is feeling generous a translation will be much appreciated. The studio and live version can both be found on youtube:

Live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECl85kTpMpk
    Studio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1x7_6oBXbA

The person who posts these will be given full credit so thanks in advance!

Suveer said:

I'm sorry, Vaientidos; I couldn't understand what the singer was saying in between the "He he" part. If you get me the lyrics, I'll get them converted into any language that you like, since I've studied Sanskrit for 4 years, back in school.
    I just need the lyrics. If you can get them (anyhow), I'll surely help you... And sorry for the late response..
    I'm back!!! XD

3. Vaientidos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Suveer View Post
    I'm sorry, Vaientidos; I couldn't understand what the singer was saying in between the "He he" part. If you get me the lyrics, I'll get them converted into any language that you like, since I've studied Sanskrit for 4 years, back in school.
    I just need the lyrics. If you can get them (anyhow), I'll surely help you... And sorry for the late response..
    I still can't find the lyrics anywhere unfortunately. I'll try e-mailing the band and seeing if I can get them to send a copy.

Thank you very much for trying =)

Suveer said:

Do post it here, if you would still need the translation, Vaientidos. I'd like to translate a Sanskrit song (for the first time )
    I'm back!!! XD

5. Vaientidos said:

Miraculously I managed to get in contact with the wonderful lead singer Sati Devi and she sent me the lyrics! So I'd love it if you were able to translate them now Suveer:

AGAMA - Field of Kings

Anta vanta ime deha
    Nityasoktah saririnah
    Anasino

Do o soho mehe to i e ti
    I i tu mehe ti i si i tu
    No ondo o soho me i eti
    I to i se i tu i te mi i ti

Non divi ti i si i tu meihi i iliti
    No ondo o soho me e i ti i tu
    Me hi ti to...

Ho ho heee
    Ho hooo...ho ho heee
    Ho ho ho hee
    Ho ho haaa...ho heee
    Ho ho hooo
    Ho ho ho hee

Antavanta ime deha
    Nityasyoktah saririnah, saririnah
    Anasino prameyasya
    Tasmad yudhyasva bharata
    Yudhyasva bharata

Ho ho ho heee...he heee
    Ho ho ho ho
    He he he he...ho ho ho heee
    Si tu ki
    Tuuuu...

Avinasi tu tad viddhi
    Yena sarvam idam tatam

Antavanta ime deha
    Nityasyoktah saririnah, saririnah
    Anasino prameyasya
    Tasmad yudhyasva bharata
    Yudhyasva bharata

Ho ho he he he heee
    Ho ho ho heeee...

<3 <3 <3

Suveer said:

Well done, Vaientidos!!! What a feat! I'll try my best to translate it!

AGAMA - Field of Kings

Anta vanta ime deha - This body (of mine) is going to perish in the end
    Nityasoktah saririnah - Always attached to (my) soul
    Anasino - that is imperishable

Do o soho mehe to i e ti - (I) Cut, finish, as they come toward me
    I i tu mehe ti i si i tu - But now they lie down
    No ondo o soho me i eti - the boat is in the dark, (but) (I) finish (them) as they come towards me - not sure about this line... sorry
    I to i se i tu i te mi i ti - now (i'm) powerful but thus (i) destroy

Non divi ti i si i tu meihi i iliti - heaven is so lying down now, by my feet - not sure about this either... It doesn't make much sense to me... please check
    No ondo o soho me e i ti i tu - the boat is in the dark, (but) (I) finish (them) as they come towards me
    Me hi ti to... - They're now mine

Ho ho heee
    Ho hooo...ho ho heee
    Ho ho ho hee
    Ho ho haaa...ho heee
    Ho ho hooo
    Ho ho ho hee

Antavanta ime deha - This body (of mine) is going to perish in the end
    Nityasyoktah saririnah, saririnah - Always attached to (my) soul, to (my) soul
    Anasino prameyasya - that is imperishable, of this thought (literally, it is - of this theorem)
    Tasmad yudhyasva bharata - hence, this is our battle, bharata
    Yudhyasva bharata - this is our battle, bharata

Ho ho ho heee...he heee
    Ho ho ho ho
    He he he he...ho ho ho heee
    Si tu ki
    Tuuuu...

Avinasi tu tad viddhi - imperishable but therefore, (you should) understand
    Yena sarvam idam tatam - reason to everything, on this shore

Antavanta ime deha - This body (of mine) is going to perish in the end
    Nityasyoktah saririnah, saririnah - Always attached to (my) soul, to (my) soul
    Anasino prameyasya - that is imperishable, of this thought (of this theorem)
    Tasmad yudhyasva bharata - hence, this is our battle, bharata
    Yudhyasva bharata - this is our battle, bharata

Ho ho he he he heee
    Ho ho ho heeee...

I hope there will be some others who can help you with this song...
    I now understand that by studying sanskrit for 4 whole years, I still haven't mastered it... I need to study it more!

But I could draw the basic idea of this song from the lines above... The person who is battling here, tells Bharata, the mighty lord of all the battles (sometimes referred to as Arjuna, from Mahabharata) that he has no fear and that he's battling with all his might.
    This song is impressive... The grammar is complex, so the lines can be said to have dual meanings.. the words in the second and third paragraphs are almost joined with each other(!.. as syllables) that made it difficult to decipher the meanings.

I hope you'll like my work.
    I'm back!!! XD

7. Vaientidos said:

Wow you did a really amazing job. Thank you so much for all your hard work, I'll be sure to upload this translation to my website and give you full credit. What name would you like to be credited as?

Suveer said:

Hmm... That's very very sweet of you. But seriously, I don't want the credit. I just do the translation because I like doing it. Please don't do these formalities... I wish to remain anonymous. Thanks and you're welcome!
    I'm back!!! XD

9. Vaientidos said:

Very well. Thank you so much again for your hard work!

Suveer said:

You're welcome! don't hesitate to ask for more help
    I'm back!!! XD