Tags: None

NNA for life said:

------>Kaal ho na ho<------
    ------>Lebnan ya 2it3it sama<------
    ------>La 2ilaha 2illa allah<------

songlover26 said:

Quote Originally Posted by NNA for life View Post
    Oh! I know that...But you said...
    Mein teri Dhadkan = I am ur Heartbeat so I did not recognize it...
    actually it is

Mein tera Dhadkan Teri = I am your and so is my heartbeat

Bengali_girl said:

Smile

Well here is my theory(what i believe or guess)
    There are 2 types:
    1. For unmarried girls.
    2. For married women.
    There is also "Theka" which is wear it by the man.

Correct me if i am wrong.
    U r right.

1. When an unmarried girl is wearing it, it is mostly like a sticker or liquid form and is called as 'Bindi'.
    2. When a married woman is wearing it, it is mostly in a powder form or liquid and is called 'Sindur'. A married woman also wear it on the scalp where the hair line is touching the forehead.
    3. Men and women were it as 'Tilak' or 'Tika' during puja(Hindu prayer) (liquid form). It is a part of the rituals of hindu prayer.

I am from India. You can ask me more. I will be delighted to help people who wants to know about India.

miss daisy said:

oh thanks begali girl I've always wanted to know the difference between them

songlover26 said:

[N_6N-0X6hjI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_6N-0X6hjI[/video]
    Tum takalluf ko hii iKhlaas samajhate ho 'Faraz'
    dost hotaa nahii.n har haath milaane vaalaa - [Ahmed Faraz]

Bengali_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by miss daisy View Post
    so guys, in many movies , I see indian people in a kind of feast with colors all over them and colors are like powder.can someone tell me what that's about?
    That festival is called 'Holi'. It take place during the end of winter and starting of the season Spring. In this festival people greet each other with colors. Generally a puja is performed in the name of Lord Krishna and Radha. There may be 2 forms of color. 1. Powder form - called 'Gulal' and 2. liquid form - called 'Rang'.
    Both of the versions are generally used. It is like kids and younger people prefers 'Rang' with addition to the 'Gulal' and generally elderly people prefers only 'Gulal' but of course at the end it depends on personal choice.

The color is mixed with water to prepare 'Rang' and is used either with sprinkler or within balloon. Balloons are thrown to people so color them or the color is sprayed from the sprinkler. Some times people just pour the bucket of color to each other.

7. dvasudreddy said:

well, we know how to enjoy every moment of life...

8. dvasudreddy said:

we know how to enjoy every moment of life...
    so guys, in many movies , I see indian people in a kind of feast with colors all over them and colors are like powder.can someone tell me what that's about?

NNA for life said:

Quote Originally Posted by dvasudreddy View Post
    well, we know how to enjoy every moment of life...
    I believe that is true.
    Holi,Lodi,Diwali,Friendship day...(the ones that i saw in movies)...lot of holydays.

I would like to know more about Hinduse gods.I know there is a story behind each of them and i know there are a lot.Who can tell me the story of Krishna and Radha?
    ------>Kaal ho na ho<------
    ------>Lebnan ya 2it3it sama<------
    ------>La 2ilaha 2illa allah<------

WannaBFluent said:

I believe that is true.
    Holi,Lodi,Diwali,Friendship day...(the ones that i saw in movies)...lot of holydays.

I would like to know more about Hinduse gods.I know there is a story behind each of them and i know there are a lot.Who can tell me the story of Krishna and Radha?
    If you want to learn something about Krishna, I strongly recommend you to watch this (it's a 3d animation serie) :
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2FAABC1269965C

Moreover, some Hindus say there are more than 33 million Gods, and others (still Hindus) say there is only One.
    According to the Sacred Hinduism scriptures, there is ONLY ONE GOD. and we can see a lot of similarities with al Qur'an.

"Ekam evadvitiyam"- "He is One only without a second” (Chandogya Upanishad chapter 6, section 2, verse 1).
    “Na casya kascij janita na cadhipah.”- “Of Him there are neither parents nor lord” (Svetasvatara Upanishad chapter 4, verse 19).
    "There is no likeness of Him" (Svetasvatara Upanishad chapter 4, verse 19)
    “Na samdrse tisthati rupam asya, na caksusa pasyati kas canainam."- "His form is not to be seen; no one sees Him with the eye" (Svetasvatara Upanishad chapter 4, verse 20).
    In Brahma Sutra, main creed of Upanishad:
    “Ekam Brahm, dvitiya naste neh na naste kinchan”- “There is only one God, not the second; not at all, not at all, not in the least bit.” In Hindi it reads: “Bhagwan ek hi hai dusara nahi hai, nahi hai, nahi hai, zara bhi nahi hai”.
    In Yajurveda:
    "na tasya pratima asti- "There is no image of Him". (Yajurveda chapter 32, verse 3).
    "Shudhama poapvidham": "He is bodiless and pure" (Yajurveda Ch 40:Vs 8).
    “He is unborn and He should be worshipped” (Yajurveda, Chap. 32: vs. 4).
    "Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste …" "They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink deeper in darkness, those who worship sambhuti." (created things like table, chair, idol, etc) (Yajurveda 40:9).
    In Atharvaveda:
    "Dev maha osi"- "God is verily great" (Atharvaveda Book 20, hymn 58 and verse 3).
    In Rigveda:
    The oldest of all the Vedas is Rigveda. It is also the one considered most sacred by the Hindus.
    “There is only one God, worship Him” (Rigveda, Bk. 6, Hymn 45 vs. 16).
    “Ekam sat vipra bahudha vadanti”- "Sages (learned Priests) call one God by many names." (Rigveda Book 1, hymn 164 and verse 46).
    العربية (arabic) // বাংলা (bengali) // हिन्दी (hindi) // kurmancî (kurdish) // فارسی (farsi)
    ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (punjabi) // soomaali (somali) // தமிழ் (tamil) // türkçe (turkish) // اُردو (urdu)

11. Jackman James said:

Well i believe that after middle east the most beautiful place is India
    I have the same interests about India as you
    I also believe that are some connections between India and arab world,til now i found language being appropriate somehow.
    I know that hindi language is formed 60% from Sanskrit,about i believe that can be written whit arabic letters.I am sure there are plenty of words of commune use and than because:
    1 In India are muslims too so appear in hindi language words like (Mashaallah,Allahmiya...etc)
    2 Hindi dialect have words from urdu,which borrow the words from arabic(i believe farsi was the language which connect the).

I don't know about the traditions.India is very rich in traditions(Holy festival,Diwali festival,Jodi festival....etc) and about the arabic traditions i believe they are coming from Islam.

And the most commune thing are the girls ...VERY HOOOOT...in every way
    I am personally interested in india and everything concerning it..the language, the costumes, the traditions and the history..so I thought other people wouls also have the same curiosity..I will try to post a link to a different subject everytime I come acroos something interesting..and if any indian guy/girl is here,please enrich us..this thread is open to discussion on anything concering inda..
    India i.e. Bharat (named after a great ancient king) is situated in south-east asia

12. Jackman James said:

I believe that is true.

I don't think friendship day is a holiday

13. Jackman James said:

Default Bharat

India & Bharat are official names of india in English & Hindi respectively. Indian culture and Hindu culture are also synonymous. Just the difference of language.

14. Jackman James said:

guys, I have a question..no offense of course and forgive my ignorance

why do some Indians stay away from eating meat???
    Meat eaters are called demons in Hindu Scriptures

15. Jackman James said:

Default Myth

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBFluent View Post
    If you want to learn something about Krishna, I strongly recommend you to watch this (it's a 3d animation serie) :
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2FAABC1269965C

Moreover, some Hindus say there are more than 33 million Gods, and others (still Hindus) say there is only One.
    According to the Sacred Hinduism scriptures, there is ONLY ONE GOD. and we can see a lot of similarities with al Qur'an.

"Ekam evadvitiyam"- "He is One only without a second” (Chandogya Upanishad chapter 6, section 2, verse 1).
    “Na casya kascij janita na cadhipah.”- “Of Him there are neither parents nor lord” (Svetasvatara Upanishad chapter 4, verse 19).
    "There is no likeness of Him" (Svetasvatara Upanishad chapter 4, verse 19)
    “Na samdrse tisthati rupam asya, na caksusa pasyati kas canainam."- "His form is not to be seen; no one sees Him with the eye" (Svetasvatara Upanishad chapter 4, verse 20).
    In Brahma Sutra, main creed of Upanishad:
    “Ekam Brahm, dvitiya naste neh na naste kinchan”- “There is only one God, not the second; not at all, not at all, not in the least bit.” In Hindi it reads: “Bhagwan ek hi hai dusara nahi hai, nahi hai, nahi hai, zara bhi nahi hai”.
    In Yajurveda:
    "na tasya pratima asti- "There is no image of Him". (Yajurveda chapter 32, verse 3).
    "Shudhama poapvidham": "He is bodiless and pure" (Yajurveda Ch 40:Vs 8).
    “He is unborn and He should be worshipped” (Yajurveda, Chap. 32: vs. 4).
    "Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste …" "They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink deeper in darkness, those who worship sambhuti." (created things like table, chair, idol, etc) (Yajurveda 40:9).
    In Atharvaveda:
    "Dev maha osi"- "God is verily great" (Atharvaveda Book 20, hymn 58 and verse 3).
    In Rigveda:
    The oldest of all the Vedas is Rigveda. It is also the one considered most sacred by the Hindus.
    “There is only one God, worship Him” (Rigveda, Bk. 6, Hymn 45 vs. 16).
    “Ekam sat vipra bahudha vadanti”- "Sages (learned Priests) call one God by many names." (Rigveda Book 1, hymn 164 and verse 46).
    Nowhere in the hindu scriptures written about 33 million gods, though according to them it's 33 kinds of Gods. People who dont understand sanskrit usually make these bizarre claims.

IndianClassicalMusic said:

in all indian movies, I find them eating these little crispy snacks ..they's called golgappa or panipuri and they're filled with water,onion and potatoes..

here's an article for more information
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panipuri

my question here, can the panipuri be sweet or it just with onion and potatoes?
    and also, in the movie rab ne bana di jodi, they were dipping it n a liquid, what is it?

Panipuri is also known by other names like PaniPatashe, Golgappa ,etc. in different parts of the country. It is very popular here.
    It can be sweet also .But when it is sweet then it is made with curd and tamarind "chatni" -kind of sauce like thing and onions and potatoes(boiled) can be added to it as well.
    The liquid is actually prepared with black pepper, salt,spearmint and some other ingredients. Some people add filling of chickpeas and peas to it in place of onion.
    The crispy thing is known as golgappa or patasha (patashe=plural) .It is made with wheat flour.In the end the person at the shop will give you a flat patasha filled with potatoes ...and this one will be just plain salted .