India..the magic of the east..

Thread: India..the magic of the east..

Tags: None

miss daisy said:

Default India..the magic of the east..

I am personally interested in india and everything concerning it..the language, the costumes, the traditions and the history..so I thought other people wouls also have the same curiosity..I will try to post a link to a different subject everytime I come acroos something interesting..and if any indian guy/girl is here,please enrich us..this thread is open to discussion on anything concering inda..

songlover26 said:

Hi Miss daisy....

Well India is the largest democracy in the world...with a population of 1.1 billion...that means every sixth person in the world is an Indian.

Here are some facts about the name of India I had already posted..

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ga...-its-name.html

miss daisy said:

thank you so much...it always confused me,whether india is hindustan or bharat...funny enough, bharat is so close to "boharat" in arabic which means spices india, the land of spices,really

miss daisy said:

so my question here...when indian people carry a tray and circle it infront of their faces, is this a hindu ritual or an indian custom?

lovneet.23july@gmail.com said:

Quote Originally Posted by miss daisy View Post
    so my question here...when indian people carry a tray and circle it infront of their faces, is this a hindu ritual or an indian custom?
    that is a hindu ritual.....usually referred as "aarti"...

miss daisy said:

thank you what about the red dot? there's a red dot that women wear, and red paste with the ritual and red powder...what's the differnece between them?

miss daisy said:

while I was searching the internet, I came across this article..it basically has everything anout the indian culture..it really helped and I thought I'd publish it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_India

miss daisy said:

in all indian movies, I find them eating these little crispy snacks ..they's called golgappa or panipuri and they're filled with water,onion and potatoes..

here's an article for more information
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panipuri

my question here, can the panipuri be sweet or it just with onion and potatoes?
    and also, in the movie rab ne bana di jodi, they were dipping it n a liquid, what is it?

miss daisy said:

umm..I don't know what that is, but thanks anyway
    Last edited by miss daisy; 07-21-2010 at 05:16 AM.

miss daisy said:

so guys, in many movies , I see indian people in a kind of feast with colors all over them and colors are like powder.can someone tell me what that's about?

miss daisy said:

it's only a matter of personal favorites I don't know where you're from, but I think that the arab nation in general is somehow connected with India..history, culture and so on

NNA for life said:

Well i believe that after middle east the most beautiful place is India
    I have the same interests about India as you
    I also believe that are some connections between India and arab world,til now i found language being appropriate somehow.
    I know that hindi language is formed 60% from Sanskrit,about i believe that can be written whit arabic letters.I am sure there are plenty of words of commune use and than because:
    1 In India are muslims too so appear in hindi language words like (Mashaallah,Allahmiya...etc)
    2 Hindi dialect have words from urdu,which borrow the words from arabic(i believe farsi was the language which connect the).

I don't know about the traditions.India is very rich in traditions(Holy festival,Diwali festival,Jodi festival....etc) and about the arabic traditions i believe they are coming from Islam.

And the most commune thing are the girls ...VERY HOOOOT...in every way
    ------>Kaal ho na ho<------
    ------>Lebnan ya 2it3it sama<------
    ------>La 2ilaha 2illa allah<------

miss daisy said:

I think India and the Arab world are common in being conservative too...so that's why the two nations feel related..generally speaking, there isn't overly revealing clothes and stuff..

one day, just one day, I will go there!!

NNA for life said:

I think India and the Arab world are common in being conservative too...so that's why the two nations feel related..generally speaking, there isn't overly revealing clothes and stuff..

one day, just one day, I will go there!!
    May allah help you to go there,and when you'll go i hope that you will take me whit you.

khedny laik

miss daisy said:

Thanks Marian

btw..a tiny correction, it's khedeny ma3ek..khedny laik makes take me to you

NNA for life said:

Thanks Marian

btw..a tiny correction, it's khedeny ma3ek..khedny laik makes take me to you
    Shoukran

al_habibi said:

Hey Guys,I am here!!
    And I love Love...Middle east

NNA for life said:

Quote Originally Posted by al_habibi View Post
    Hey Guys,I am here!!
    And I love Love...Middle east
    OMG :O

You are in India and love middle est and Fara7 is in middle est and love india
    What about me i am in Romania and love India and Middle est =(((((((((((((((((((((

I need a shoulder to cry on it (

miss daisy said:

LOL!!

hi al habibi, we seriously need to switch places

marina, don't worry, you're actually benefiting the most..when I go to india I'll take you with me and when al habibi comes to the middle east you can go with him/her

al-habibi: where do you live in india?

al_habibi said:

lol..
    ah!!
    i guess if its grace of God we all can be together and cherish both the places..

well,m from delhi : )