С. Лобода - Не покидай (to English please?)

Thread: С. Лобода - Не покидай (to English please?)

Tags: None

jandros said:

Default С. Лобода - Не покидай (to English please?)

From Svetlana Loboda's first album (?) "Black Angel" - translate to English please?

Не покидай
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGIgiA1iGwI

Трудно любить сердце что стало жестоким
    Трудно молчать если на волю рвется крик.
    Реки обид тоже имеют истоки
    Трудно прощать если огонь еще горит.
    Ночь или день все равно
    Свет или тень за миг любви отдам все.

Chorus:
    Не покидай, милый, боль моя, не растай во мгле
    Не покидай, как же можешь, ты очень нужен мне
    Не покидай, не смогу одна, растворись во мне
    Не покидай, без тебя мне нет места на земле.

За час разлук шрамы обид не разгладить
    Лишь сердца стук, болью исписаны листы.
    Цепи судьбы не разорвать, не ослабить
    Если во мне есть только жизнь, которой ты
    Пламя разлуки, как блик
    Сердце молчит, но не могу сдержать крик.

(Chorus)

Плакай в песок уйдет и сердца горечь
    И я буду опять буду молить небеса

(Chorus)

I understand most of the song, but some phrases are difficult; specifically, lines 3-6 of the second verse.

purplelunacy said:

Here's a try =s :

Трудно любить сердце что стало жестоким / It's hard to love a heart that's become cruel
    Трудно молчать если на волю рвется крик. / It's hard to keep silent if a cry breaks free.
    Реки обид тоже имеют истоки : / Rivers of insults have sources also :
    Трудно прощать если огонь еще горит. / It's hard to forgive if the fire is already burning.
    Ночь или день все равно / Night or day, all the same,
    Свет или тень за миг любви отдам все. / Light or shadow, I'll return everything for a moment of love.

Chorus:
    Не покидай, милый, боль моя, не растай во мгле / Don't leave, darling, my pain, don't vanish in the darklness
    Не покидай, как же можешь, ты очень нужен мне / Don't leave, how could you, I need you so much
    Не покидай, не смогу одна, растворись во мне / Don't leave, I can't make it alone, vanish into me
    Не покидай, без тебя мне нет места на земле. / Don't leave, without you I've got nowhere to go on earth.

За час разлук шрамы обид не разгладить / The scars of separations and insults won't smooth out in an hour
    Лишь сердца стук, болью исписаны листы. / Just my heart's thump, pages covered up with pain.
    Цепи судьбы не разорвать, не ослабить / Blind fates won't tear open, nor loosen
    Если во мне есть только жизнь, которой ты / If there's just life in me, and you with it
    Пламя разлуки, как блик / The flame of separation is like a patch of light
    Сердце молчит, но не могу сдержать крик. / My heart keeps silent, but I can't contain a cry.

(Chorus)

Плакай в песок уйдет и сердца горечь / Cry in the sand the the bitterness of the heart will go away
    И я буду опять буду молить небеса / And I will pray to the skies again.

(Chorus)
    Last edited by purplelunacy; 07-08-2010 at 03:10 AM.

jandros said:

Thank you! I think you cleared up at least one very troublesome line (thought) for me:

За час разлук шрамы обид не разгладить / The scars of separations and insults won't smooth out

I couldn't quite catch how to arrange scars, separations, insults, and smoothing out. But you made it click. Thanks again

PS: растворись - dissolve? I guess there are multiple choices for verbs that could be used?

purplelunacy said:

I found this line quite difficult too, and I'm still not totally sure :s.
    As for растворись, I can't seem to find the right verb, I feel like it must mean something like merging and disappearing at the same time... I picked "vanish", but now "dissolve" looks better, I admit XD !

haydee said:

I'm sorry but this is not quite right:

Quote Originally Posted by jandros View Post
    За час разлук шрамы обид не разгладить / The scars of separations and insults won't smooth out
    За час разлук шрамы обид не разгладить = It's impossible to smooth out scars of insults during hour of separations
    Pertėj kohės e hapsirės,
    tej tė keqes e te mirės

purplelunacy said:

Oooh ok ! Thank you so much for the help ^^ !

jandros said:

Oooh haydee thank you so much! Purplelunacy, apparently there is good reason that we had problems with that line

Maybe I can dissect it a little better myself now and actually learn something

I'm not sure why there isn't a "thank you" button in this topic. Снова, большое спасибо вам обоим