American Eagle Fall 1 Playlist 2010 - College of New Jersey

Thread: American Eagle Fall 1 Playlist 2010 - College of New Jersey

Tags: None
  1. SteelersFreak1 said:

Default American Eagle Fall 1 Playlist 2010 - College of New Jersey

Just got this playlist in yesterday, really digging it, lots of throwbacks to older playlists, this is gonna be our playlist for tax free so its not a bad one for some 9 hour shifts haha. As usual, I'll be updating this and feel free to post and add some.

The Strokes - Last Nite
    Jay-Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder
    The Blow - Parentheses
    LCD Soundsystem - Home
    Animal Collective - My Girls
    Miike Snow - Billie Holiday
    The White Stripes - You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)
    Yeasayer - O.N.E.
    Free Energy - Bang Pop
    Delta Spirit - Bushwick Blues
    Spoon - Written In Reverse
    The Raconteurs - Old Enough
    Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know
    Vampire Weekend - White Sky
    Codeine Velvet Club - Vanity Kills
    Delphic - Doubt
    Discovery - Orange Shirt
    Foo Fighters - Big Me
    Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
    Jack Johnson - Pictures of People Taking Pictures
    Matt & Kim - Daylight
    The Postelles - White Night
    VV Brown - Shark In The Water
    Of Montreal - Suffer for Fashion
    The xx - Islands
    Kate Nash - Paris
    Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - The Mighty Sparrow
    She & Him - In The Sun
    School of Seven Bells - Dust Devil
    Broken Bells - The Ghost Inside
    Mystery Jets - The Girl Is Gone
    Ratatat - Neckbrace
    The Roots featuring John Legend - The Fire
    Common - They Say
    Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - My Terrible Personality
    Buddy Holly - Early in the Morning
    Minus the Bear - Summer Angel
    The National - Anyone's Ghost
    Delorean - Grow
    Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin'
    Greg Laswell - Take Everything
    Taio Cruz - Dynamite
    The Decemberists - Sixteen Military Wives
    Ra Ra Riot - Dying Is Fine
    Last edited by SteelersFreak1; 09-21-2010 at 12:26 PM.
  2. chillitskim said:

Default additional song

chromeo-bonafied lovin'
  3. SteelersFreak1 said:

Yep that is one. But I've discovered that once again, the new playlist was banned and the BTS 1 playlist from University of Toronto was put back in place. Apparently the Jay-Z song wasn't censored correctly or even with censorship was too much. I don't know who judges whether the playlist is good or not but it seems to me they need to do a better job of checking it beforehand. Its a good thing that University of Toronto playlist is really good or I would be more annoyed.

Hco471Model said:

The thing that really confuses/bothers me is that these playlists take a lot of work because they have to buy the rights for every song that they play. They can't just throw a DVD together with any random music and ship it out. These are some big mistakes on AE's behalf and are wasting a ton of the company's money now that the Martin+Osa hemorrhage has been stopped.

Anywho, Bonafied Lovin' kicks butt. I loved every minute of it at Hollister.
  5. SteelersFreak1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Hco471Model View Post
    The thing that really confuses/bothers me is that these playlists take a lot of work because they have to buy the rights for every song that they play. They can't just throw a DVD together with any random music and ship it out. These are some big mistakes on AE's behalf and are wasting a ton of the company's money now that the Martin+Osa hemorrhage has been stopped.

Anywho, Bonafied Lovin' kicks butt. I loved every minute of it at Hollister.
    Agreed on Bonafied Lovin', great song. Yeah I just don't understand how they let this happen not only once but TWICE! The first time you could put the blame a bit on the college because I'm sure they included that Dr. Dog song, but AE still should've looked at all the songs and censored it. But with this one the blame is solely on their shoulders because I'm 100% sure Dirt On Your Shoulders was one of the songs that they decided to throw in there, and it still wasn't appropriate.
  6. jcd7514 said:

Default Help!

I was in an AE just last weekend, and they played this song that I really liked but I can't remember anything about it except it said something about circles. I hope you know which one I'm talking about!
  7. spottedspot said:

Default "i dont mind"

there's another song, i cant ever remember any more to it than he sings "i dont mind, i dont mind, i dont mind", and its driving me crazy. i only work there two days a week now, so i always forget to check. any ideas? he gets a really low voice, and i remember because he sounds like Brad Roberts from Crash Test Dummies, hahaha. halp!
  8. spottedspot said:

Quote Originally Posted by spottedspot View Post
    there's another song, i cant ever remember any more to it than he sings "i dont mind, i dont mind, i dont mind", and its driving me crazy. i only work there two days a week now, so i always forget to check. any ideas? he gets a really low voice, and i remember because he sounds like Brad Roberts from Crash Test Dummies, hahaha. halp!
    finally figured it out! it's greg laswell "i dont mind"

Hco471Model said:

Missing:
    Ra Ra Riot - "Dying is Fine"

Loving this playlist. We crank the volume up to ANF levels when Dyamite comes on haha.

Also:
    The Greg Laswell song is called "Take Everything," not "I Don't Mind."
    Greg Laswell - Take Everything
    Last edited by Hco471Model; 09-20-2010 at 08:44 AM.