Learning Persian and common questions

Thread: Learning Persian and common questions

Tags: None
  1. veryclever1980 said:

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    show off my farsi consists of duset daram azizam and mamnoon w bas haha I come here simply to spread some love plus veryclever is the sweetest thing that could ever be, he wont be upset, w pinky girl is my soul twin fa she will forgive me...w astorias is my star. And paul is my older brother, fa 3adi, the most he will do is tell me off The only person that might be upset with me is kama, but they're awesome at farsi and hopefully they wont mind me dreadfully

meno ba8a? hhhh shoft mafesh 7ad by2dar yz3al men 3arabiti!! aslan most of them understand arabic
    My dearest little sister, as far as I know Arabic it would be no problem at all.
    You two can speak Arabic and I will spy on you.

But seriously, you know that me, Pinky and Star love to help anyone who wants to learn Persian.

Fa, hadi, learn Persian now.
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

2. veryclever1980 said:

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by 3llawi View Post
    hhhhhhhhhhhh now who is showing off !!! hhhhhh wa b3d shlon yfhmo 3rbi ???
    Me, but please forgive me for I can't answer you in Arabic too. Instead, I will answer in English.

3. veryclever1980 said:

Red face

hhhh nicce but let veryclever be carful cause i will teach harir
    he is gonna be the best heheeh
    , I officially announce that you could be her teacher. She's a very talented student, so you will be so lucky my friend.

loool aslan bysa7elak, veryclever is one of a kind mafesh metlo wallah!!

Harir bent ya 3ab8ari hhhhh sar dawri ad7ak and la2 I will always be here for veryclever, he can take you on anyday!! mafeesh 7ad ado wallah, just wait till he talks to you in arabic, 7ato2a3 bel3'aram
    Definitely Canim, we are gonna have a flawless victory over them.

anti t2mri heheh ra7 a3mk ally a3fh heheheh 6b3n lel7een at3lm ya3ni
    all by my self hehehe
    So, we can also announce our victory Vivacim. But seriously, I'm so proud of you dear 3llawi. You know, for learning a language you should have passion and I see this passion in you. Fa You'll be successful for sure.

lool la kan asdi eno ya3ni ana law fiyi 3almak shi kaman I would bas ma ba3raf shi 3'er el 3arabi w el englizi, w enta mashallah 3alek ma fi a7san menek bel 3arabi
    Oh my dearest, I would include Turkish, Spanish and Turkish to that list. You know them somehow, isn't it? Especially, I know you know Spanish quite well.

And yes I totally agree with you, our dearest Bahraini friend is a very talented person. He knows English very well and I can sense that he knows Persian quite well. Congratulation dearest 3llawi.

VivaPalestina said:

3llawi -> what do you say? Bijan not only understood the arabic, but also the mixed dialect khaliji and syrian He wins hands down 2oltilak ma fi metlo wallah walaw he's my older brother, ba3raf shatarto

Bijan -> ma a7lak wallah! Thank you for your kind words Did you see his reply when I said you will woo him with your arabic that he will fall in love with you?

5. 3llawi said:

So, (ch) sound is a substitute for (K) sound in Iraqi dialects

I've also heard that 5aliji people say (g) sound for (8) sound. Like ngoll

It's amazing that Lebanese people pronounce this (8) as something like (A) sound. Like: 8amarein -> Amarein
    hiii veryclever1980
    it seems u got it all of that by ur self
    so veryclever it's not just a name

for the accents only Bahrain has million accents hhhh

wa say ngol and Lebanese says n2ol but in the classic arabic it shoud be ق
    like قند but almost no budy says n8ol heheh

, I officially announce that you could be her teacher. She's a very talented student, so you will be so lucky my friend.
    i smell something not good here heheeh

So, we can also announce our victory Vivacim. But seriously, I'm so proud of you dear 3llawi. You know, for learning a language you should have passion and I see this passion in you. Fa You'll be successful for sure.
    thnkss allot bro sure i have passion otherwise i wont bother my self
    so آرزويم حالا فارسي بيشتر ياد بگیرم

And yes I totally agree with you, our dearest Bahraini friend is a very talented person. He knows English very well and I can sense that he knows Persian quite well. Congratulation dearest 3llawi.
    again thank u and for the record i wasn't showing off
    i'm not arrogant i'm just kidding
    ,i'm here to learn from the best
    nice 2 meet u
    قلنا نعم لتحرر الشعوب العربية ... سنتوحد جميعا ... وستزحف الملايين لتحرير القدس ♥♥
    شئتم أم أبيتم

We Are Coming 4 U ( Al Quds )
    ♥♥

6. veryclever1980 said:

Red face

i have few questions

1- some times i get confused about the use of the Ro
    i still don't know how to use it properly i thought i have to use it after
    something tangible but it's not completely right so somebody plz explain

2- منم ؟؟
    من & منم are they same ?? or there are differences

3- اندیشه ی تفسیر صفر
    sometimes i see letters thrown in the middle of the sentence ?!!
    what's that mean ?

thanxx in advance
    For sure my dearest Bahraini friend, you can ask anything you desire.

1- "Ro" or sometimes simply "o" is the informal form of "Râ". It is a preposition that usually comes after objects in the sentences. For example:
    I bought the book -> من کتاب را خریدم
    من کتاب رو خریدم -> Man ketâb râ (ro - o) kharidam

But you should pay attention that the verb is the key for your answer. In Persian, the verbs indicate the possibility of occurring objects in the sentences. The verbs such as to buy (Kharidan), to see (Didan), to eat (Khordan), to drink (nooshidan (in informal speaking again Khordan), to meet (Didan or Molâghât kardan), to take (Gereftan), etc. indicate an object in the sentence, using "Râ" for its indication.

But some verbs require the preposition "به Beh" as the indicator of the object in the sentence. For example: the verb to tell (Goftan) -> I told him من به او گفتم Man beh oo goftam (and not man oo ra goftam). However, in the past, the latter form was used generally.

2- No, من (Man) means I
    But منم (Manam) means: I am, I am the one, Me too, For me too
    Last edited by veryclever1980; 02-28-2011 at 12:51 PM.

7. 3llawi said:

Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    For sure my dearest Bahraini friend, you can ask anything you desire.

1- "Ro" or sometimes simply "o" are informal forms of "Râ". It is a preposition that usually come after objects in the sentences. For example:
    I bought the book -> من کتاب را خریدم
    من کتاب رو خریدم -> Man ketâb râ (ro - o) kharidam

But you should pay attention that the verb is the key for your answer. In Persian, the verbs indicate the possibility of occurring objects in the sentences. The verbs such as to buy (Kharidan), to see (Didan), to eat (Khordan), to drink (nooshidan (in informal speaking again Khordan), to meet (Didan or Molâghât kardan), to take (Gereftan), etc. All of these verbs indicate an object in the sentences using "Râ" for its indication.

But some verbs require the preposition "به Beh" as the indicator of the object in the sentence. For example: the verb to tell (Goftan) -> I told him من به او گفتم Man beh oo goftam (and not man oo ra goftam). However, in the past, the second form was used generally.

2- No, من (Man) means I
    But منم (Manam) means: I am, I am the one, Me too, For me too
    thanxx for the clarifications
    and if u have any questions in Arabic i'll be glad 2 help
    قلنا نعم لتحرر الشعوب العربية ... سنتوحد جميعا ... وستزحف الملايين لتحرير القدس ♥♥
    شئتم أم أبيتم

We Are Coming 4 U ( Al Quds )
    ♥♥

Kama_K said:

Hello my lovelies =D
    I'm confused about something and I dislike being confused =((
    Ok so I get how we are meant to use 'Ra:' after an object, but on the easy persian website, they gave us some sentances in english to translate to persian. So for example we had to translate. 'She had two baskets' I put 'Oo do sabad ra dasht' but when I checked the correct answer it did not have 'ra'
    'Oo meghdari goosht kharid' Why does this not require 'ra' after 'goosht'? 'man shir doost nadashtam' why no ra after 'shir'? am confused by this =X

panselinos said:

The thread has been made sticky.
    It's funnier in Enochian

10. veryclever1980 said:

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Kama_K View Post
    Hello my lovelies =D
    I'm confused about something and I dislike being confused =((
    Ok so I get how we are meant to use 'Ra:' after an object, but on the easy persian website, they gave us some sentances in english to translate to persian. So for example we had to translate. 'She had two baskets' I put 'Oo do sabad ra dasht' but when I checked the correct answer it did not have 'ra'
    'Oo meghdari goosht kharid' Why does this not require 'ra' after 'goosht'? 'man shir doost nadashtam' why no ra after 'shir'? am confused by this =X
    My dear friend, grammatically speaking, all of your sentences are right.
    In Persian, for testing the occurrence of object after a verb, we have a grammatical test:

Cheh Chiz Râ?
    or
    Cheh Kas Râ?

We place the verbs after these phrases and if only one of them makes sense, we will use object in the sentence. So, transitive and intransitive verbs in Persian are distinguished with this test.

E.g.

Che chiz râ kharid? (What did he/she buy?) Ketâb râ ((a) book + preposition)

Che chiz râ mord? or Che kas râ mord? (What/whom did he/she die?) it doesn't make sense, so we come to the conclusion that the verb is intransitive.

But

Che chiz/kas râ kosht? (What/whom did she kill?) Ân pashe râ (that mosquito + preposition)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering this test, Dâshtan, Doost nadâshtan & Kharidân are transitive verbs.

There are some points here:

1- In our everyday speech, we don't often use after the verb Dâshtan.
    But in poetry, we use it more often.

2- After demonstratives, the using of
    is quite necessary. Demonstratives in Persian are:

This = این (In)

That = آن (Ân) -> informal -> اون (Oon)

These = اینها (Inhâ) -> informal -> اینا (In
    â)

Those = آنها (
    Ânhâ) -> informal -> اونها (Oonhâ) or اونا (Oonâ)

E.g. Man oon kat
    âb ro dâshtam = I had that book
    Last edited by veryclever1980; 02-24-2011 at 06:16 AM.

astorias said:

your explanatioN, was GREAT!!
    ـــ★ـــ it seeMs likE every day's the saMe...
    aNd i'm leFt to discoVer on my owN...
    It seemS like everythinG is graY...
    and there's No coloR to beHold..

Kama_K said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    My dear friend, grammatically speaking, all of your sentences are right.
    In Persian, for testing the occurrence of object after a verb, we have a grammatical test:

Cheh Chiz Râ?
    or
    Cheh Kas Râ?

We place the verbs after these phrases and if only one of them makes sense, we will use object in the sentence. So, transitive and intransitive verbs in Persian are distinguished with this test.

E.g.

Che chiz râ kharid? (What did he/she buy?) Ketâb râ ((a) book + preposition)

Che chiz râ mord? or Che kas râ mord? (What/whom did he/she die?) it doesn't make sense, so we come to the conclusion that the verb is intransitive.

But

Che chiz/kas râ kosht? (What/whom did she kill?) Ân pashe râ (that mosquito + preposition)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering this test, Dâshtan, Doost nadâshtan & Kharidân are transitive verbs.

There are some points here:

1- In our everyday speech, we don't often use after the verb Dâshtan.
    But in poetry, we use it more often.

2- After demonstratives, the using of
    is quite necessary. Demonstratives in Persian are:

This = این (In)

That = آن (Ân) -> informal -> اون (Oon)

These = اینها (Inhâ) -> informal -> اینا (In
    â)

Those = آنها (
    Ânhâ) -> informal -> اونها (Oonhâ) or اونا (Oonâ)

E.g. Man oon kat
    âb ro dâshtam = I had that book
    Thankyou very much for explaining this! It has helped so much. YAY =D Kama is not so much confused anymore ^_^
    The explanation was great, again thanks very much my veryclever friend =D, makes sense now =))

Soorati_Angel said:

Wow all this info is very useful for my learning in farsi! Thanks all for info!
    I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.
    - Rumi

VivaPalestina said:

There doesnt seem to be a misc translation thread on the persian forum like on the other forums so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, but can someone translate this to me in farsi? Mamnoon

Happy birthday dearest, I hope you have a day as amazing as yourself and may this year bring you so much happiness. Enjoy your day and try not to study too hard you little lawyer!

Thank you

15. veryclever1980 said:

Cool

There doesnt seem to be a misc translation thread on the persian forum like on the other forums so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, but can someone translate this to me in farsi? Mamnoon

Happy birthday dearest, I hope you have a day as amazing as yourself and may this year bring you so much happiness. Enjoy your day and try not to study too hard you little lawyer!

Thank you
    Hi my dearest little sister, here you are:

تولدت مبارک عزیز دلم, امیدوارم که یک روز عالی, درست مثل خودت داشته باشی و امسال برات سرشار از شادی باشه. روز تولدت حسابی بهت خوش بگذره. سعی کن زیادم درس نخونی وکیل کوچولوی نازنینم

Tavallodet mobarak azize delam, omidvaram ke yek ruze aali dorost mesle khodet dashte bashi va emsal barat sarshar az shadi bashe. Rooze tavallodet hesabi behet khosh begzare. Saay kon ziyadam dars nakhooni vakil koochoolooye nazaninam.

16. veryclever1980 said:

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by astorias View Post
    your explanatioN, was GREAT!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kama_K View Post
    Thankyou very much for explaining this! It has helped so much. YAY =D Kama is not so much confused anymore ^_^
    The explanation was great, again thanks very much my veryclever friend =D, makes sense now =))
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorati_Angel View Post
    Wow all this info is very useful for my learning in farsi! Thanks all for info!
    Thank you everyone, I'm so glad I could help.

VivaPalestina said:

Thank you Bijan!! You're amazing

Kama_K said:

Salam be hame :>

May we discuss something? Things I need help with, if that's ok =))

For example, 'I asked' (past tense) it would be 'Porsidam' ?? 'To ask' is, 'Bepors' ?? (not sure)
    Could I get some help on some sentances please my lovelies =))
    So if I were to say, 'I asked you earlier' What would it be?
    If I were to say 'I am asking her now' what would it be?
    'I asked' 'I will ask' 'I am asking her''
    'I told her' 'I already told you' 'I will tell you'
    'I sent' 'I will send' 'I am sending'
    'Gave' 'Giving' 'Give'
    Could I get the above translated? If you could give some example of the words in sentances in Persian then I would be very grateful.

Thankyou in advance <33
    Last edited by Kama_K; 03-05-2011 at 03:50 PM.

19. memobekes said:

Default Could someone translate the following into Farsi?

If you could translate these words, great stuff

living space >
    date of birth >
    place of birth >
    pseudonym >
    real name >
    mother tongue >
    personal information >
    education background >
    place of employment >
    release date >
    until now >
    in his youth >
    secondary school >

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by memobekes View Post
    If you could translate these words, great stuff

living space >
    date of birth >
    place of birth >
    pseudonym >
    real name >
    mother tongue >
    personal information >
    education background >
    place of employment >
    release date >
    until now >
    in his youth >
    secondary school >

living space >Mahale Sokoonat

date of birth >Tarikhe tavalod

place of birth >Mahale tavalod

pseudonym >Name mosta'ar

real name >Name vagheyi

mother tongue >Zabane madari

personal information >Etela'ate shakhsi

education background >Zamineye Tahsili???

place of employment >Mahale Estekhdam

release date >???

until now >ta konon

in his youth >Dar dorane javanish

secondary school >Dabirestan